Auto & General Home and Contents Insurance

Auto & General Home and Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Auto & General? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (3)

Auto and general insurance is budget direct are a nightmare to deal with

This company is a nightmare to deal with we had a burglary at our residence there were a lot of presents my father had purchased as he had stage 4 lung cancer it was to be his last Christmas lots of these items were stolen we had receipts etc now we are being investigate right on Christmas so great for the kids and the female Rachael in investigations is rude we have been pre occupied dealing with the loss of my father and she has no tact at all disgusting company to deal with and would reccomend strongly to go some where else .

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeHouse
Claim Made Yes
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Type of ClaimTheft
Alex W
Alex WSydney Surrounds, NSW

APPALLING CLAIMS HANDLING

We had a heavy door slam and shatter a window. Straight forward one might think. They send out an assessor, look at the window, confirm it shattered accidentally and it gets fixed, I pay the excess and they pay the difference. Not with this mob, a list of standard but entirely irrelevant questions. "Have you got monitored alarm system?" etc.. Won't provide a claim reference number until I go through their (most irrelevant) claims process. Another claims dispute going to reviewed by the insurance ombudsman. Don't buy this insurance unless you want to be mucked around !

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Claim Made Yes
Claim DateSeptember 2020
Colin
ColinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service Great, Claims department Atrocious

Had to give one star because zero is not there to tick.
Lodged my first claim on my building & contents cover for a theft after many years with A&G and learned how useless my insurance is. Asked me about 100 questions over the phone about the burglary and harassed me for over an over. They will ask you for information that you cannot provide and will run you dry until you are exhausted. Despite having a police report and evidence, they will want you to prove the theft 'beyond any doubt' and make you withdraw the claim. Not sure why I have been paying this many years for this dud cover :(

Claim DateJanuary 2019