Auto Transporters

Auto Transporters (page 2 of 2)

Disgusting

This company is terrible, they took my money, but the time they took to deliver my vehicle took 4 weeks from Gold Coast to Melb. My car was badly damaged. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Not even 1 star validates their service

Yes they lie to take your money then 5-7 day estimated delivery times turn into 4-6 weeks.
Have dodgy past business dealings hence why no names on documents.
Shocking business.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Would appreciate if everyone could share my post.

I recently relocated to Darwin. Unfortunately, we decided to use AUTOTRANSPORTERS PTY LTD to backload our car up to Darwin from Cairns. To say my experience with Autotransporters has been nothing but a nightmare is an understatement.

My car has been damaged since the day it got off their truck! Back in April. The lack of communication from this company REALLY astounds me!! I don't know how they are still operating! Not only did I receive false updates continuously - that's right! One day my car was in Melbourne and had been involved in a truck accident the next it was fine and in the gold coast! But I was also told repeatedly my car was due to arrive in Darwin by the end of the week for 3 weeks straight.

We have had a list of problems which included:
1. Grease all through out my car from the truck driver.
2. Being told to purchase baby wipes to clean the grease off the inside of the car by the greasy handed truck driver.
3. Smashed front windscreen.
4. large dints on the roof.
5. flat tyre (from god knows what) it didn't get on the truck that way!!
6. Torn front passenger seat! (WTH, how could a truck driver manage to tear a customers seat)
7. Weeks of calling Autotransporters head office to find out how we were going to be compensated!!
8. Arriving to their yard, to pick up my car and it was left out the front, windows open, keys in the ignition (riddled with damage).
9. Having to hire a hire car while our car was immobilised.
10. Being told we had to pay a $1000.00 excess to have the repairs fixed and we would not be compensated for any of the other expenses (HIRE CAR).

On the 22nd of July after a number of Disgruntled emails to [name removed] at Autotransporters I finally got a response and was told he had forwarded the quotes to his Insurance Brokers.

Today on the 15th of August!! after a number of unanswered emails - I decided to call the insurance brokers myself - turns out they submitted the claim on the 27th of July and have been waiting for [name removed]'s response since then as they didn't know who was to pay the excess!!

That's 3 weeks of [name removed], mucking around and not answering his emails. Yet again, I sent a disgruntled email and wouldn't you know it - [name removed] appears!

This whole experience has been beyond a joke!! I sincerely hope know one uses Autotransporters - it is cheap and nasty. I can accept paying the $1000.00 excess - because realistically I just want my car fixed. But today I decided enough was enough, I have a right to freedom of speech and to share my experience with other consumers!! Which apparently is SLANDER ??

Scam and lies

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Unfortunately people don't read or check company reviews until after job booked
Transport 2 cars with them...
damages and delays nearly 2 months

Not returning phone calls very rude staff
I have already checked company name owners

Apparently it's belong 2 people which already have previous bad history in Google as Googled their names online

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Gave me multiple lies on the whereabouts of my car.
Told story after story to get me off there back, never returned my phone calls.

Staff were rude and extremely short

How do you suggest compensating me for my terrible experience?

LIES LIES AND MORE LIES

Absolutely disgusting. Quick to quote. Quick to take money. Promises fast delivery. Almost 50 days after paying the invoice, still car has not been picked up. 5 times they told us it would be picked up the next day, still waiting...
Never answer calls or emails but are super quick to answer a text and palm it off to someone else
Got fed lie after lie about why truck wasnt there.
Broken down, hit a roo etc
Very suspicious that there is no address at all.
I googled earthed the depot where I was going to be picking car up from and it was a vacant block.
Demanded our money back after they had broken their own policy multiple times and all we got back was that if we cancel, we wont get money back and that we dont have a leg to stand on as the policy covers it.
We have rang department of fair trading in Victoria. We did there procedures for getting a refund and the company refused and still haven't picked the car up. And still haven't contacted us about picking it up

This company is an absolute disgrace to the australian way.

We have actually flown out and picked the car up ourselves and drove it back at our own expense.

Please everybody who has had a bad dealing with this company, ring department of fair trading Victoria, contact ACCC , ring police of fraud. If they want to make it hard for the customer, customers have rights so lets make it hard for them.
These reviews need to be told to the authorities.

One very unsatisfied customer. Never dealt with such a bad company before in Australia.

APPALLING SERVICE, TERRIBLE, *DO NOT USE THIS OUTFIT *

Absolutely disgraceful "service"- if you can call it that. I enquired about getting my vehicle from Brisbane to Mackay- I then had no less than 3 missed calls within a 2 hour period. I paid the quoted amount then no response at all from this mob. After repeated attempts at getting an update on my car "you have called bookings" etc etc.. I called Customer service- no response..Had to threaten with Police and consumer affairs to even get a response from [name removed].. "We have had delays...breakdowns etc..." They feed you with lies and lies. They are obviously waiting to shift more vehicles in the 1 load.. I could have Flown down and driven it back if I knew...
DO NOT USE THEM! They may quote you $100 less than a well know company but it is not worth the hassle. I am paying finance on a car I haven't seen yet..

Disappointed at every point

So disappointed with this company. Pick up was three days late with no explanation. Quote and invoice didn't match. Didn't deliver at the agreed time. No one knew where my car was when I was able to get through to them on the phone. Later discovered it was still in Melb two days after the delivery date scheduled it to be in Brisbane. Didn't answer the phone. Only light in the black hole was [name removed]. She knew customer service but that wasn't enough to get me out of the mess this company dropped me into by not delivering my car on time.

No care, no responsibility

Car was picked up from my house in great condition. Arrives destination, car badge missing,1/2 of front panel was completely shaved of paint. Need proof it was them to claim insurance?

No responsibility

Car transported from Melbourne to the Gold Coast arrived three days late and damaged. Make sure you have before photographs of the entire vehicle. You will still be up for their excess of $1000. We found it almost impossible to speak to anyone, their phones constantly went to message bank, and they also do not reply readily to emails. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Don’t go near this company - terrible service and NO customer service

This company took my money (gave no receipt) and said I had to pay immediately to get my car booked in. Didn’t take credit cards and never showed up to pick up car. Even after continued re scheduling still no show! Refused to refund my money. The owners of this business have been fined by court system for winding back odometers on cars, not keeping proper business financial records, bankrupting people with scams, had other businesses de registered by ASIC, taking a knife to restaurant patrons while owning a restaurant that has also failed in the past..don’t believe me? Google the owners name. [name removed] and see for yourself. Don’t entrust your car or any of your possessions to these people. Ship your car with a proper car carrier NOT a third party scammer like these people are.

Such cheap words. And now you are trying to entice future customers by offering them 10% off their booking? I hope they can see the reality of how your company has treated people in the past and how you have done nothing but offend, abuse and taken peoples money off them and given no refunds quoting your terms and conditions. I have spoken to my solicitor and your terms and conditions will not stand up in court as they have contradicted consumer law. These laws are put in place to protect us. You did not pick up my car and did not provide the service I paid $1700 for. This is called a major fault in consumer law and with this I am entitled to a refund in full. Please advise in writing by email what you are Going to do about refunding me the $1700 your company has taken from me. You blame employees yet a simple ASIC search costing $9 reveals the names of the owners of your company and then a simple google search tells all about the deceptive and illegal history these owners have committed in the past. if you are serious about moving forward and genuinely sorry about how your ‘previous’ employees have treated me than I would like to ask for my $1700 back and then I can post on here your response so all future customers can evaluate for themselves just how genuine you really are. Please fix your current problems before you try to move forward with new business. However given your history of doing business I really doubt you are serious about fixing anything but rather scamming more money from innocent victims. I will be forwarding you the details of past communications as that seems to be your generic response and will wait for your reply to which I will also post on here, For those who are reading this and don’t already know in the top right hand corner of this review page there is a link that you can click on that will allow you to email and commiicate privately to each other details of your experience and responses from Management. Let’s hope they respond with complete satisfaction to all of us that have been damaged both financially and emotionally before a class action is commissioned. I will certainly keep you updated on all responses and I hope all of you will likewise do the same. don’t forget to check back regularly on that email link to viiew your replied emails. In finishing I appreciate you have corrected past employees who have not been ‘professional’ but not sure how you can sack the husband of the owner, who I dealt with. Plus the registered ASIC owner who posed as a ‘new’ employee put on to ‘fix’ the problems of the business at the time of my dealings.. yes this whole problem can be fixed by not standing behind your illegal terms and conditions and paying refunds where refunds are due. You did not provide a service that I paid for and after rescheduling to pick up my car five times I lost faith in your company due to the continued lies you told. I await your public and hopefully genuine reply.UPDATE: you may have noticed that all correspondence from Auto Transporters has been removed from product review website and that only leaves our replies back to them. Yet again we have all been let down from this company. I did think it was strange that they had ‘changed’ their ways and wanting to help us all..the only real way to claim back your money is through the civil court system. They are the only ones with any authority to act on your behalf. Even government departments like office of fair trading only have the authority to ‘request’ your money back. Auto transporters simply say no and there is nothing OFT can do to help you. So if you are serious about retrieving your lost money lodge your in complaint with the courts. I have asked Auto Transporters one more time to honour my refund but doubt it will get me anywhere.. will keep you updated. Also product review have changed their website slightly..you have to log in now to see your emails from other owners of the reviews at the top of the page..so if you wish to contact each other then this is the way to do it.

Great Service! Would highly recommend

This company certainly showed high standards.
They transported our 1963 Mercury. Being a very low and wide vehicle, they took the upmost care and arrived in perfect condition. I have passed on their number to many friends and have had the same great experience.

Fast and reliable. Very Happy

Used them and was most impressed with their level of prompt pick up and service. Delivered my car on time. Would recommend them to anyone looking to transport a car! Well done Guys!

Terrible, disgusting service.

This mob are screwed, they took nearly two months to get my car from nsw to fnq, the told us one the one day saying the car was getting picked up in the afternoon, we rung them the next day to see where the car was at and they had not picked it up yet, they then told us it would be picked up in about two weeks. Didn't end up getting picked up for about for weeks. They have disgusting communication, absolutely rude and disgusted by the way they communicated with us. They had been driving my car around in Sydney used nearly 470kms on the odometre, we have proof and asked for a refund on part of the cost, and they said it has no date to prove it. I have a picture of odometre the night i picked it up and it has a date on the top of the photo, lets see what he says when i send him that, stupid. Absolutely disgusted.

It’s sad because we tried getting a hold of the main manager of your company and he said he could give us a refund on part of it, as it took about 6-7 weeks to get here when he told us it would a week-2 weeks max. He said it would get put on the next truck which was leaving the next day after we booked. One of your drivers also used kilometres on my car about 4007kms and also went through a toll, and left us a toll fee for our car and yous also said yous would pay us back for that and yous did not pay us back. You’s Havn’t even responded to our last 3 emails.

Terrible service and communication,

Car transport Brisbane to Alice Springs, website says “fast, reliable, affordable, trusted, connected, safe & secure, fully insured”. Not true, not fast, not reliable, not connected to their customer!!! initial contact is can do, take your money, pick up your vehicle and then nothing, can’t get honest answers over the phone, if they even answer, staff are extremely rude, told numerous times my car was in transit to destination when in fact it had not moved since the day of initial pick up, emails go unanswered, car when it finally arrived had a smashed windscreen and damage to rear, two emails sent re damage, nil response. Worst service I have ever experienced, paid $1880 on 26/4, car collected 2/5, finally delivered 7/6. Am totally ok with this type of service taking time, not ok with lies and no communication.