Ali

AliGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Mobile mechanic availability windows inaccurate.

The mobile mechanic availability windows shown in the app are not accurate. I booked the mobile mechanic and selected a day and time window from the list of available time slots, but then shortly after I get a call saying the mechanic is not actually available at that time and they need to reschedule.

Greco14

Greco14Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Need to change the process

Although is a good concept, the process of compulsory provision of mobile phone number is making it very frustrating. Although it says is for "verification", mechanics always call to advertise themselves and some of them in inconvenient hours. When the request for quote is for a specific task like changing a tyre or replacing a specific component, all the client wants is to compare the price and check availability, which both can be included in an email. I've used the website twice and both times I had meaningless calls back. I doubt I will use it again as it becomes frustrating.

HayleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Slower than a Sloth!!

Booking reference #340159

wrangler

wranglerSouth East Queensland, QLD

first afterpay installment should not be paid until booking confirmed.

Took 3 bookings before finding someone that was available.
This meant that I paid the first afterpay installment twice meaning I had over $200 tied up in refunds (taking up to 5 business days) and my vehicle still was not booked in for a service.

No show booking

Booked 8am to 12pm window 11am came i had to call in for update was told 1pm which is no use as I had to reschedule my day already i should have been updated of the late arrival

Unknown

UnknownSouth East Queensland, QLD

Alright, just little info to your mechanic

Mechanic was great, knew his stuff.
But when he arrived he asked if it was just a basic service, which I had booked a logbook service ( big price difference between the both)
The mechanic also isn’t issued with a what’s included like I was, which I showed him. My understanding from what was included was different to his.
Where it said check/clean spark plugs- renew if needed ( When he said my plugs had to be changed, apparently that is extra, but that’s not stated in the what’s included.

Lance

LanceGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Frustrating experience

Very frustrating. You notify me of the quote, but you don't give any details at all about who it's from, and you don't have any form of reply to the service so that I can ask some very important questions and raise any particular concerns. In addition you stipulate that I must accept the quote unbeknown to me of the validity or not of it or the provider, confirm my payment method and book a day and time (pie in the sky as I don't know the suppliers schedule, how long the process takes. whether there is a loan car available on that date etc etc.
Very shoddy and annoying.

Daniel

Terrible customer service, good idea

I needed logbook service for my car, they sent me to a car service which was great, I was 100% happy with the mechanic, but AutoGuru itself was an awful experience! Here is why:

Pro:
- Introduced a good mechanic.

Cons:
- They promised to send a $10 Uber voucher but they never did.
- They hung up the phone call on me as soon as they realised I called for the voucher and didn't answer my further calls, nor did they call me back although I had left a message on their voice mail.
- After a week they contacted me and instead of resolving the voucher issue they asked me to update the review I left for them.

Final comment: I don't recommend them as they are not honest and I am not going to try their service again.

daniel

danielSydney Surrounds, NSW

hidden costs

not happy that after being given a quote and prepaying for windscreen was the phoned to confirm booking and told there would b extra costs on top of quote, poor form

Constant follow up calls

While the pr less is fast the constant need to email and call to “check” if you needed help through an autodialler and provide no way to unsubscribe makes me cancel

Lack of communication

I booked a car service with a car wash, rental car hire and vacuum. None of this information was given to the garage and I was without a car for a work day and missed appointments. Not happy.

Andrei Niculae

Andrei NiculaePerth

Service went fine but a lot of info not correct

Serviced my car using auto guru this week. They offer all sort of other services as included in the cost, like pick-up and return of the car, free vacuuming, etc...I have ticked all and received none so do not count on them. The service company was presented a "brake specialist" and I have asked for a brakes inspection. When returned they have visually inspected the brakes and they could not produce any report since they do not even have the equipment to do so..

Manda

MandaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

First and last time user

Poor service,

Poor service from "trusted" vendor, car not washed as advertised, log book not stamped, service indicator on car not reset. Probably go back to main dealer servicing if this is the standard of service to be expected.

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad services

I was ment to get a car wash didnt happen in stead got oil on the car paint work no scan tool done shouldnt have these things on the site if it doesnt happen will not use them again not happy at all

John

I will use auto guru again Ill just be wiser with my Selection

Find out how AutoGuru compares to other Car Service / Repair Centres

Won't be using it again.

Serviced my Mazda 3 (2012) using AutoGuru and I've selected the 80000 KM service quote for the quotes. The rep called me up and said that I should've selected the 140000 KM instead because the mechanics go by the age of the car or Odometer whichever comes first.

When I took it to the mechanic he was surprised that they put me down for a 140000 KM service and that the cost of an 80000 KM is usually different. Who knows how much I should've been charged at this point? The mechanic was nice and friendly but I won't be using AutoGuru to get quotes anymore.

Misleading

I made a booking based on the fact that it was advertised that mechanics did Afterpay. When I arrived to pick up my car i was told that they mechanic I chose does not support afterpay. It was very embarrassing and difficult as i did not have enough money to cover the bill.
The whole.process was very misleading in that way.

Review collected in partnership with AutoGuru

autoguru is just ok

adsdad

adsdad

Mislead payment choice

Booked my car for service with autoguru, went to pay at mechanics with zip pay. Don't do zip pay as quoted. Angrily paid with debiit card left me broke for the fortnight. Thanks for not properly informing me of this autuguru .

Wrong information misleading

Information I received did not matched with the information the Car Service was provided, of what part need to check and replace. This has caused confusion and doubts of the price quoted on the part.

Review collected in partnership with AutoGuru

Wol A.

Wol A.asked

How long does a road worthy test take?

Hey Wol,

Thanks for reaching out! A roadworthy usually takes a couple of hours to complete, but this depends on which state you're based in, and the mechanic completing the work. If you'd like to make a booking, or need more information, please call our customer support crew on 1300 655 661, or send us an email at contactus@autoguru.com.au. Thanks again!

- The AutoGuru team

domie48asked

Anyone had A windscreen REPLACED

GARY
GARY

Not as yet as is a quote system

AutoGuru T.AutoGuru

Hi Domie, feel free to reach out if you're looking for assistance getting your windscreen replaced. Our team as reachable on 1300 655 661, we'd love to help!

- The AutoGuru Team

domie48

Thanks for the offer however I now made arrangements.

Tanya

Tanyaasked

Central locking only working when inside car then when u get out stops after 5 minutes what could this be its ve ss v 06

Hey Tanya,

Thanks for reaching out, we'd be happy to help! In this case, we suggest requesting an inspection for your vehicle so a mechanic can diagnose the issue. You can request an inspection here; https://www.autoguru.com.au/inspections. If you'd like further assistance, please reach out to our customer support crew on 1300 655 611, or send us an email at contactus@autoguru.com.au. Thanks again!

- The AutoGuru Team

Get an answer from our members and AutoGuru representatives