laughingfishmedia

laughingfishmediaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They never stick to the booking date

AutoGuru are great apart from when it comes to Mobile Mechanics. I have booked a mobile mechanic on two seperate occasions. As you’d all be aware, when you book through AutoGuru, you book for a specific date. For some reason, AutoGuru are incapable of sticking to the booking date(s). I called them today (for a booking that’s supposed to be for tomorrow). Upon calling them, I was told that the mechanic still hasn’t responded to the booking. WHY WOULD YOU ALLOW PEOPLE TO MAKE BOOKINGS FOR SPECIFIC DATES IF YOU’RE incapable of sticking to those dates.

Yobo

YoboSydney, NSW

Did save me money, but misquoted

Jacques

JacquesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Average and convenient

Website clear and easy to understand, easy to have a quote and find a mechanic, competitive prices.Follow up on mobile phone efficient and easy to talk to someone on the phone

Somewhat Confused

I booked a windscreen replacement yesterday(Monday) and was told it couldn't be done till Thursday. This was unsatisfactory so I was told Wednesday. Then received emails and texts saying it would be done Tuesday. Its been resolved satisfactorily but was confusing and required several phone calls. It's being done Wednesday.

Ravi

RaviGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great prices for the services, would appreciate a little support when customer faces a problem with the mechanic.

Got rwc booked online for a very good price through autoguru. However the booking included free wheel balancing and free drop off within 5kms(I was located within a km). When asked mechanic refused to do them as he was mad that I booked the service online, when I could have gone to him directly and gave me a lame reason saying that he knows nothing about the free service and I have to ask autoguru regarding those. Reached autoguru for support, but I was convinced that the mechanics behave so when they are having a busy day. Shouldn’t have mentioned those things for free when they depend on the mood of the mechanic.

Hayley

HayleySydney, NSW

Good for deals and much cheaper than most other places

Wont price match and seem to be unorganised. Great for finding cheap quotes for local workshops but they need to look into the workshops further. Good instant quotes for work.

Mechanic booking without quote

Would be nice to be able to book a mechanic through the website without needing to get a quote. Unless I'm missing something and there was an option for that.

Shaan

ShaanSouth East Queensland, QLD

More Communication between AutoGuru & Workshops needed

If you are running a promo, please make sure that your workshops know what services they should offer as a part of the promo. If I have to book a service and then tell them to do things which are a part of the promo(show proofs), what is the point of booking via Autoguru!
I was not offered free pickup/drop instead asked to wait until the service is done.

Difficult to get options for servicing

When trying to assess my options for booking in a service for my car, I repeatedly received 'no options available in your area', despite indicating I was flexible with the date. I had to manually scroll through dates (day by day assessment) before I lucked on a date where I could then proceed to booking my service. Once I reached that stage, it worked fine.

Keith B
Keith B

Thanks AG team, good to know it is sorted!

Larnie

Larnie

Average

Cancelled date, which was fine - but person on the phone was really unhelpful and not listening to me speaking. Rebooked so we will see how I go with the end to end experience.

mrsnoname

mrsnonameGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The service centre was way overpriced

The service centre I chose didn't have any of my details that I had input via AutoGuru and charged almost double my previous service. Disappointed. They also didn't offer $50 off my service which is how AutoGuru was advertised to me via Youii.

Good without being great

my initial contact was a very good experience the operator could not confirm my request at the time and committed to calling me back in 10 minutes which did not happen. I had to call back the following day and was cut off 3 times before I got put on hold for 5 minutes to speak with an operator who also couldn't confirm and had to ring me back to confirm the booking at a dearer price than the initial quote.

madeholly1

madeholly1Canberra Central 2601, ACT

No option to cancel or amend booking

I booked with AG and needed to cancel original appointment. After calling the number to change/cancel and left name and contact details for AG to call back......nothing . There needs to be a feature on the web page to allow for cancellations/amendments instead of relying on a call back.

Belinda L.

Belinda L.South East Queensland, QLD

A bit Disapointed

My booking was not confirmed until the morning of my car service. I called the mechanic & they did not have me booked in as Auto Guru had not confirmed the appointment. The mechanic was great, they fitted me in anyway. I then got a call from AutoGuru to say that my appointment had been cancelled. I was confused & annoyed.
The matter was then settled between AutoGuru & the Mechanic & my car was serviced as planned.

GabeNew South Wales

Don't advertise services you can't provide

I went to the website, put in all my details, and they quoted me a price and I set up an appointment date to have my windscreen replaced. Two hours later, they ring me and tell me there are no mobile technicians available in my area. Total waste of my time.

Caitlin

CaitlinBrisbane

Online System needs updating.

Original company booked with "closing down". I had to prompt the person on the phone to find a new mechanic for me to book through. Felt like a bit of a burden through that process. Once I booked with the new company it was fine. Was a little annoyed as after I had placed the booking I received a voucher for $ off. But couldn't apply to current booking.

davidhar1

davidhar1Perth, WA

Quick and easy to use

very Easy to use, however AutoGuru mentions you get an Uber voucher emailed to you once your booking is confirmed, that never happened, also I would get an sms reminder about my booking that also never happened. I probably will use auto guru again tho

Very fast

Nothing much i can say. My service took only 30 mins in the shop and i’m concern if they actually check everything. But in general autoguru is very responsive and easy service.

Diane alcaraz
Diane alcaraz

Actually I definitely drop it at 12:30 and i got a call around 1pm. But that is okay. Seems no problem with car so i’m okay with that. It’s just the fact that it only take that fast worries me that it has not been checked properly.

AutoGuru T.AutoGuru

No problem Diane, we're glad we could help.

Subodh S.

Subodh S.South East Queensland, QLD

They seem to have endorsed whatever business they find out there, which in fact adds difficulties in decision making.

I booked through auto guru to do a major logbook servicing of my car. It showed some cheap options with a few free items offered by that shop. So I booked it, but the shop owner later denied to do the service saying that they only offer a generic service for those items, but my car will have a more expensive part to replace in order to provide that service. Hence they did not perform the service. Not sure if it is auto guru's fault to display extra services incorrectly or is it just the shop owner trying to get customers with false advertising. Either way, I think this needs to be rectified as soon as possible so that people do not get confused while using these services.

AutoGuru T.AutoGuru

quote for log book service

service was good, but confusing as this was my first time using Auto Guru.
Did not like it when asked for payment online before I had my car serviced - how can I tell if the services by the mechanic was good or not. Not interested in giving payment details over the phone to someone I don't know.

Wol A.

Wol A.asked

How long does a road worthy test take?

Hey Wol,

Thanks for reaching out! A roadworthy usually takes a couple of hours to complete, but this depends on which state you're based in, and the mechanic completing the work. If you'd like to make a booking, or need more information, please call our customer support crew on 1300 655 661, or send us an email at contactus@autoguru.com.au. Thanks again!

- The AutoGuru team

domie48asked

Anyone had A windscreen REPLACED

GARY
GARY

Not as yet as is a quote system

AutoGuru T.AutoGuru

Hi Domie, feel free to reach out if you're looking for assistance getting your windscreen replaced. Our team as reachable on 1300 655 661, we'd love to help!

domie48

Thanks for the offer however I now made arrangements.

Tanya

Tanyaasked

Central locking only working when inside car then when u get out stops after 5 minutes what could this be its ve ss v 06

Hey Tanya,

Thanks for reaching out, we'd be happy to help! In this case, we suggest requesting an inspection for your vehicle so a mechanic can diagnose the issue. You can request an inspection here; https://www.autoguru.com.au/inspections. If you'd like further assistance, please reach out to our customer support crew on 1300 655 611, or send us an email at contactus@autoguru.com.au. Thanks again!

- The AutoGuru Team

Get an answer from our members and AutoGuru representatives