5A'van Aspire Hardtop 499 Single

A'van Aspire Hardtop 499 Single

5A'van Aspire Hardtop 499 Single
3.0

38%38%25%

This listing is for the A'Van Aspire Hardtop 400/500-600 Series. For the original A'Van 500 & 600 Hardtop Series, please click here.

noble
nobleBuderim11 posts
Blue Mac
Blue MacSydney Surrounds, NSW9 posts

Great van Great Service

My van has just done almost 10000klm around SA and NT. Back in NSW and cannot fault the van.

Going back to Avan for service and could not wish for better service from the dealer or for a better van ,great to tow and very comfy.

lindsay
lindsay

Bad workmanship

Brought it second hand from a dealer who said it was fully serviced!!!! Not enough or poor quality wheel bearing grease had to replace all bearing due to overheating, Grey water floods shower recess. Low internal water pressure unless you use the pump as well. water leaking from under sink, clip hadn't been tightened. Support leg on awning won't hold up have to use a wooden dowel. .Flyscreen and shade cords broken on front window. Lucky i'm a retired fitter and have fixed it myself, didn't have much pleasure from the dealers. So just be warned the if you buy one second hand this is what you can expect...

mik
mik4 posts

Few issues with Avan 499 Aspire

Had exactly the same issue when i picked up my Aspire back in 2013.They only had half the camp room ended up being nearly 4 months by the time i received the the missing parts.

John W
John WBonnie Doon

Few issues with Avan 499 Aspire

Fly screen (door drops off runner.)Poptop material comes away from top liner in places.Sink flows into shower base (remedy was to cut drain and have seperate flow for shower and sink). Shower exhaust fan cover stuck to rubber seal. Not happy. Not much or little response from A-Van about these issues.

Greatsparks
GreatsparksRedland City2 posts

Great Van

After researching far and wide, I purchased a second hand Avan Aspire 499 HT. Great little van, compact, easy to tow, tows like a dream. Van was 4 years old and had been used as an on site van, lived in 24/7. Everything still works with minimal sign of wear all AOK. Minor issues related to under floor wiring and plumbing (in my fastidious opinion) were easily fixed by me as I am a tradesman. Great little van and would recommend it to all but the wingers who want a $75k van in a van that costs $37k. Dec 2017 Update. I have since looked at other vans plumbing and wiring and they are generally installed in the same manner as in the Avan. The van is still keeping us very happy.

Doug B
Doug B

its ok , I'm a bit of a handy man

Pick up 499 pop top in Jan 2014. Read all the complaints that go back3years or so and you guessed it nothing has been done to fix the problems. water from sink floods toilet floor, roof sags on back corner, stairwell light not working , the van it's self is a little to low, you have to be a body builder to raise the roof , I put a baggage door road side to give access under bed , drop down table and rear poll carriers,

Jono
Jono

Avan issues

I had enough problem with my aspire 499 that I fully agree with you. I am at the stage where I don't get any pleasure what so ever out of it. Also as some one else suggested on another review, head office didn't acknowledge our initial concerns what so ever, which were considerable. I also would agree the designs are good just poor quality issue still having problems with considerable water leaked in front window And boot and other issues. Would I have another one, no