A'van Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

27 questions from our users

Michael H.

Michael H.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Ok, so I thought I would swap out the existing AC Delco battery for a new lithium jobby. This will be easy. Mistake, I didn't take pic. In the time it took to carry the old out and the new in the cables moved wherever they wanted and now I have six of them with no idea of what is positive or negative connected. Before going to an auto electrician It seemed prudent ask here. Is there a 12 volt inclined reader who has the wherewithal and time to send me a picture of how they are connected. The van is an 2019 Aspire 555, double bed and a Projecta management system with one solar panel. Any help is appreciated and worth a beer or two should we meet - out there.

Mr OK

Mr OKasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Anti-flap bar for my avan can you help me please Where do I get them and pack to install them can you help me please thank you

Rhonda M.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

We use a Mazda BT50 2018 twin cab to tow a 2019 Avan Aspire 555 Hardtop with adventure pack are sway bars recommended to be fitted to our van?

Greg M
Greg M

Hi Rhonda
We tow with a Ford Everest 3.2 . We started off with Load Distribution bars and a sway bar and have now become comfortable without them. For the effort of putting them on and off each time there was not enough change to warrant keeping them. We do not have the problem of transferring the weight to the front wheels. I hope this helps
Cheers Greg

Rhonda M.

Thanks Greg We have not had a problem but we are new to caravanning and have noticed a lot of vans with bars on them. Thanks again for your info and enjoy camping.
Cheers Rhonda and John

Sue C.

Sue C.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

How do I fix the water leak around the toilet inside the van??

Mazz M.

Mazz M.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Should we stow our tv for traveling?

Margaret Horrell
Margaret Horrell

Yes ,we leave ours under the pillows on the bed.

Assunta warn

Assunta warnasked

What is fridge e in 555-3 avan

David B.

David B.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Hi can you tell me how to work the air cond panel that is the on off button etc thanks

ConsumerMan

I use the remote control. Sorry, not much help but you will obtain better answers if you join the Avan user group on Facebook.

Gillianasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Just wondering if someone could tell me how long including the drawbar an avan 555-3 is. We have ordered but can't find these dimensions anywhere and we don't get caravan until november and i need measurements now.

ConsumerMan

Salesperson should have these figures at their fingertips.

ConsumerMan

Just another thought. Join the Facebook Avan group. A wealth of information their and you should have an answer to your question very quickly.

Rob E.

Rob E.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

What is the biggest TV that will fit the bracket on an Aspire 555 Hardtop, a 32," 40", or 43". Our van has not been delivered yet so I can't measure myself. Rob

Mark
Mark

24" appears to be the max, 12 volt as an option as they are built differently to house tv`s

Geoff P.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Got a 2019 Aspire 555 Single. Has anyone out there got both their fridge and Alko Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system working through a single 12 pin electrical plug - along with all the other usual stuff such as lights etc? In other words having no Anderson plugs at all. Any disadvantages to simplifying/centralising everything thru just the one plug? We don’t do any dirt or off road driving.

RustyGate

We're still awaiting delivery of our 555 but have been told we need to turn up with a red Anderson plug (wired directly to the battery with a fuse) specifically for the ESC. The grey one is for fridge etc. Hope that helps.

RustyGateasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2020 Avan Aspire 555-1 HT?

Sheenagh B.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Love the rain but now have a leak coming from skylight and so covered skylight which also covered solar. Now have no lights or fridge power. Weirdly microwave, TV and power-points work. What do I do??? No fun sitting here in partial dark with food defrosting. How do I get light and fridge to work without solar. Battery seems flat, fuses ok, circuit breaker ok. Can I just plug into 240V to power everything ?

ConsumerMan

Plug into power which will power fridge (if power selected on three way), microwave and will/should recharge battery for 12v lights.

ConsumerMan

Also try gas for the fridge

Sheenagh B.

Battery cooked itself a few months ago so I don’t think that’s working and without that the fridge panel not lighting up to enable me to select a power source. Mains power plugged in but that’s not registering either.

Jeffasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Our 2016 Xtrail has a max tow weight of 2000kg and tow ball weight of 200kg will this be ok to tow a 2019 Aspire 555 pop top?

ConsumerMan

PLEASE DON’T DO IT ! A caravan salesperson will no doubt tell you it will do the job, and legally, according to the numbers, it will. But you will pull the guts out of the car IMHO and have nothing in reserve. When we fell in love with the Avan Aspire we had a Mazda CX-5 with the same towing capacity as your vehicle. We are so glad that after a lot of research and car towing reviews we changed our tug before buying the van (horse before the cart is a good principle when buying caravans) and now we have loads of towing capacity up our sleeve which is such a great and comforting feeling, as caravanning is challenging enough without the overwhelming knowledge that your tug is operating right on it’s limit and you have to worry about every bit of weight you add to car and caravan. Please consider a proper tow vehicle.

Jeff

Thanks ConsumerMan, so what tow vehicle did you go with?

Holden Trailblazer.

David T

David Tasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

I have a water leak in the front window above the bed, how do I fix this problem?
The window is intact the leaking looks like it is coming in from around the seals, how do you take the outside cover off?. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I don’t want to take it back to Avan.
Regards David

Geoff P.

Get a tube of clear or white silicon from Bunnings and (generously) go all around where the frame joins the caravan body.

Sandra R.

Sandra R.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Hi there, we have a Avan aspire triple five has under-seat air con and it doesn't work very well, if someone can give us any advice it would be greatly appreciated
other than that we are very happy with our van, it got everything you need to travel,
thanks

Wayne

How old is the van? Have you changed the filters. If you take it back for warranty work at Bomaderry, empty the van first. Or my experience was, they emptied contents and camping equipment to the value of over $500 dollars into their boot for me.

Allan M.

Allan M.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

hi can a mazda cx5 tow this van its a diesel motor and say it can tow 1800 kgs txs

Frankle
Frankle

Not to sure I think our van weighs under 1800 kg so you should be Ok to tow.If your interested our van has only been used twice and we are selling it as my Wife doesn’t really like caravaning.

John L

I have a cx9 with has a tow capacity of 2 tone towing the 555 and I am upgrading to a diesel 1 because of the fuel economy is poor and 2 because it does feel precarious especially when fully loaded. Mind u it is the off road version so it is more elevated I recommend u upgrade to avoid risks and burning out your clutch

John L

speaking of which in my upgrading, what do other people tow there Avan 555 with and what do you recommend?

Vicki

Vickiasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

I have power for tv, kettle etc but no lights. Where is that circuit breaker? The breaker for lights. Thanks in advance!

Wayne

Ours is at the foot of the bed. Depends on the year model and how they were feeling on the day ,as to where it is. I find the variation in placing things in the van , astounding.

noble

Usually as far away from a convenient place to get to as possible!

Keith & Liz Thorogood

Keith & Liz Thorogoodasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Can I tow an Avan Aspire 555 behind a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander and be legal?

Wayne

Depends which one you have . The es base model only has a towing capacity of 1600 whereas the exceed diesel has a towing capacity of 2000 kgs. Maximum atm of my van is 1840 kgs. The atm on your vehicle is between 1985 and 2290 kgs. Could be legal , but suggest you get weight distribution hitch and ESC on van , also you would need an electric brake controller. The ESC is to prevent sway from reaching the point that you flip the lot.

Wayne

Forgot to mention. Expect your fuel consumption to rise dramatically the smaller the motor. When we towed with the six cylinder cruiser,went from 13 To 17 litres per 100. With the 2.8 ‘16 hilux goes from 9.8 to 14.5 -16 per 100

Blue Mac
Blue Mac

It is as Wayne said , the model of the van, as various lengths available plus your listed tow limits on the towing vehicle

Bill

Billasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

I feel I got the wrong awning when I got the pull out & not the wind out Thule awning.
What are your thoughts?

noble

Pull out much preferred, and I have both, on 2 different rigs of course.. Quicker, and much easier to set up, and pack up. The way the Thule is set up with the weight hung off the extending arms has the potential for big problems as well.

linda

lindaasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Hi All, We are going on our 1st trip next week. We have Avan Aspire 555 2016.We purchased second hand.Our problem is that the panel on fridge dosnt light up to turn the fridge on.Can anyone please help.?

Wayne

The pan on the fridge is powered from the battery . Find the fuse and check it.

Wayne

That was the panel on the fridge. To get to the fuse behind fridge, find it behind the outside vent. To remove vent , there are two slide catches at the top. Slide them towards one another, then vent hinges from the bottom. Find the fuse holder and check it. Place panel back in reverse order. Hope it’s not just a flat battery.

See all A'van Aspire Hardtop Series questions

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

A'van Aspire Hardtop 555 Double