A'van Aspire Hardtop Series

59 questions from our users

What is fridge e in 555-3 avan

What is fridge size in 555-3

ConsumerMan

If you join the Avan group on Facebook I am sure you will receive your answer in an instant plus much more valuable information.

David B.

David B.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Hi can you tell me how to work the air cond panel that is the on off button etc thanks

ConsumerMan

I use the remote control. Sorry, not much help but you will obtain better answers if you join the Avan user group on Facebook.

D Dunnasked

Does the table come out in the AVAN 555 aspire

ConsumerMan

Cafe style table folds. Lounge style table is fixed and is not removable

John L

I have an Avan 555 with the L shaped seat and it is not bolted down so we take it out which creates more space inside and we use the table outside for meals etc. as a lot of people spend more time outside the caravan than in

Does the aspire 555-3 with style pack have a innerspring mattress included

ConsumerMan

If you are referring to the main bed then yes it should be an innerspring mattress. If you join the Avan group on Facebook there is a wealth of information including discussions about bed width, length, softness/hardness and quality. Our own experience is that we thought we were getting a full size innerspring double bed mattress, however it turned out to be 80mm short of an Australian sized double bed. Doesn’t sound much but with the cut away corners we had problems with length and fitted sheets and fitted electric blanket. We also found it extremely hard. After 12 months of sleepless nights, and nearly buying a different caravan, we have changed out the mattress for a full size double and have just had a week away with the best sleeps since buying the caravan. Good luck.

Gillianasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Just wondering if someone could tell me how long including the drawbar an avan 555-3 is. We have ordered but can't find these dimensions anywhere and we don't get caravan until november and i need measurements now.

ConsumerMan

Salesperson should have these figures at their fingertips.

ConsumerMan

Just another thought. Join the Facebook Avan group. A wealth of information their and you should have an answer to your question very quickly.

mick_j69

mick_j69asked

Aspire Hardtop Series

Im glad your happy with your A van from Penrith.

We bought a Aspire 525 which was our first caravan from Penrith in October 2013.
In the 3 years we owned the Aspire 525 we only managed to have one service done at the Penrith dealer.

when ever we tried to have a service done we were told Quote Were booked out for the next 4 to 5 months for servicing.
In 2016 we had an electical issue
when we were in Qld we tried to ring Penrith to no success then i rang A van in Adelaide and the issue was solved over the phone in about 15 minutes.
I then contacted the dealer principal who got back to me in no time with the reply

Quote Hello Mick sorrry to hear about your problem in regards to servicing issues how ever if you do have a Genuine complaint then pleas contact me me on the phone number i provide.

I did the 3 times and every time he was not available and my message would be passed on.

Sounds like things have changed for the better now .

We now upgraded to a bigger van with ensuite and have had no issues in 4 years.

Cheers

Dave b

Dave basked

Aspire Hardtop Series

Hi have bought a 499, the axle is underslung, problem is the wheel is not centred to wheel arch, by a lot to the rear. Springs or incorrect mounts ???

Rob E.

Rob E.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

What is the biggest TV that will fit the bracket on an Aspire 555 Hardtop, a 32," 40", or 43". Our van has not been delivered yet so I can't measure myself. Rob

Mark
Mark

24" appears to be the max, 12 volt as an option as they are built differently to house tv`s

Geoff P.

Geoff P.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Got a 2019 Aspire 555 Single. Has anyone out there got both their fridge and Alko Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system working through a single 12 pin electrical plug - along with all the other usual stuff such as lights etc? In other words having no Anderson plugs at all. Any disadvantages to simplifying/centralising everything thru just the one plug? We don’t do any dirt or off road driving.

RustyGate

We're still awaiting delivery of our 555 but have been told we need to turn up with a red Anderson plug (wired directly to the battery with a fuse) specifically for the ESC. The grey one is for fridge etc. Hope that helps.

Susanne W.asked

Aspire Hardtop Series

Hello, is there a water gauge on the Avan Aspire 555? We’re about to head away with our new van and can’t find one. Thank you.

ConsumerMan

A Projecta system console was included in the 555 from about mid 2019. Earlier vans I believe did not have this feature. The console shows house battery charge, starter battery charge when the car is hooked up, fresh water tank level and waste water when grey water tanks are included. I wouldn’t get too disappointed if your caravan does not have a water level indicator as our one is a bit hit and miss. One day it will show 50% and the next day 75% then up to 100%. Its all over the place and talking to other caravanners they all say much the same regardless of the brand of caravan. I know when I am getting very low on tank water when the water pump starts making a different sound.

Susanne W.

Thank you for your reply. Great to know. Ours is a December 2018 model so it answers our question. Thanks again.

SurferMV

SurferMVasked

Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

Hi everyone, have just ordered a hardtop 499 aspire double. Not sure whether to get underslung axle for more clearance height or if people are happy with the overslung axle height? Pros for underslung is more clearance. Cons, higher centre of gravity. Tow vehicle is 100 series cruiser (no lift)

RustyGateasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2020 Avan Aspire 555-1 HT?

Trevor J.asked

Aspire Hardtop Series

hi i have an avan aspire 555 full van, just like to know if we can leave the electric hot water on when hooked up to mains water when in a caravan park, thanks in advance, "didn't get told anything when we bought the van in the hand over, just told you will work it out"

ConsumerMan

Yes. When at a caravan park we leave our hot water switched onto electricity all the time. In fact in never gets switched off, so when we arrive at the next caravan park the next day we have hot water within 20 minutes of plugging in.

John L

Hi Trevor, yep we have an Avan aspire 555, hot water gets switched on the moment the tank is full and never gets switched off till we leave, so all good, I am amazed how little information is provided unless you ask and how useless most of the written material provided is for daily running of equipment. cheers John

Trevor J.

Thanks John, lot’s of paper work came with it but tells you nothing, once again thank you.

deirdre p.

deirdre p.asked

Aspire Hardtop 402 Double

is there a water indicator?
Is it for the hot water tank or the normal water tank /

jacqui

jacquiasked

Aspire Hardtop Series

has anyone removed the shower exhaust filter for cleaning? How did you do it?

jacqui

jacquiasked

Aspire Hardtop Series

Hi there. we have just bought the 563 series and wonder if anyone has removed the exhaust filter from the shower ceiling to clean?

Sheenagh B.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Love the rain but now have a leak coming from skylight and so covered skylight which also covered solar. Now have no lights or fridge power. Weirdly microwave, TV and power-points work. What do I do??? No fun sitting here in partial dark with food defrosting. How do I get light and fridge to work without solar. Battery seems flat, fuses ok, circuit breaker ok. Can I just plug into 240V to power everything ?

ConsumerMan

Plug into power which will power fridge (if power selected on three way), microwave and will/should recharge battery for 12v lights.

ConsumerMan

Also try gas for the fridge

Sheenagh B.

Battery cooked itself a few months ago so I don’t think that’s working and without that the fridge panel not lighting up to enable me to select a power source. Mains power plugged in but that’s not registering either.

Jeffasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Our 2016 Xtrail has a max tow weight of 2000kg and tow ball weight of 200kg will this be ok to tow a 2019 Aspire 555 pop top?

ConsumerMan

PLEASE DON’T DO IT ! A caravan salesperson will no doubt tell you it will do the job, and legally, according to the numbers, it will. But you will pull the guts out of the car IMHO and have nothing in reserve. When we fell in love with the Avan Aspire we had a Mazda CX-5 with the same towing capacity as your vehicle. We are so glad that after a lot of research and car towing reviews we changed our tug before buying the van (horse before the cart is a good principle when buying caravans) and now we have loads of towing capacity up our sleeve which is such a great and comforting feeling, as caravanning is challenging enough without the overwhelming knowledge that your tug is operating right on it’s limit and you have to worry about every bit of weight you add to car and caravan. Please consider a proper tow vehicle.

Jeff

Thanks ConsumerMan, so what tow vehicle did you go with?

Holden Trailblazer.

Trevor J.asked

Aspire Hardtop Series

hi i have an aspire 555 when we turn the pump on out free camping the water pump starts up when no taps are being used, is the norm or is there a fault with the pump, van is only 3 months old, thank you

ConsumerMan

Yes, the pump will come on for a short while (10 seconds maybe) to pressurise the pipes. If it stays on longer you may have a leak in the pipes. First check all taps are actually closed including outside shower and outside tap on drawbar. Then check all hose clamps. Sorry, that's all I got to offer.

Trevor J.

thank you, didn't want to ring the place where we got the van from still to angry about the mucking around we got with them and then attitude " we've got your money don't care anymore''.

ConsumerMan

Just read your question again and I may have misunderstood. If the pump comes on for no reason such as the middle of night then yes, I think you may have a leak somewhere

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives