A'van Aspire Hardtop Series

66 questions from our users

Mr OK

Mr OKasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Anti-flap bar for my avan can you help me please Where do I get them and pack to install them can you help me please thank you

Janey

Janeyasked

Aspire Hardtop Series

Have just picked up our Avan Aspire 555 van.
Light not coming on when door is open. Was working for a short while but now no light. What’s wrong please?
Freezer only cool not freezing?? Why won’t it freeze?
Fridge still not really cold even after a day. Temperature thermostat at full but should be cooler. What’s wrong please.
Thanks everyone

ConsumerMan

All fridges work better when full of food rather than empty. Caravan needs to be reasonably level for fridge to work efficiently. I suggest you join the Facebook Avan User Group and ask your question there. You will definitely get many answers plus a whole heap of other information

Rhonda M.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

We use a Mazda BT50 2018 twin cab to tow a 2019 Avan Aspire 555 Hardtop with adventure pack are sway bars recommended to be fitted to our van?

Hi Rhonda
We tow with a Ford Everest 3.2 . We started off with Load Distribution bars and a sway bar and have now become comfortable without them. For the effort of putting them on and off each time there was not enough change to warrant keeping them. We do not have the problem of transferring the weight to the front wheels. I hope this helps
Cheers Greg

Rhonda M.

Thanks Greg We have not had a problem but we are new to caravanning and have noticed a lot of vans with bars on them. Thanks again for your info and enjoy camping.
Cheers Rhonda and John

Derise R.

Derise R.asked

Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

Hi, we wanted to get a second water tank, but have been told that we can't because of weight issues on the axle. Can anyone tell me if this is correct.

ConsumerMan

It should be OK but remember Avan are not generous with payload allowance so you would have to watch your ATM. You know, you would get more answers to this question and many more if asked on the Facebook Avan User group

Greg M

Assuming that you have one 95 L tank (95kg) and want to add another 95 L this would make up 190 kg of your 300kg allowance for a single axle. This leaves you with 110kg for the rest of everything else you want to pack in your caravan. We found this impossible to do. After my experience of my Avan I would suggest that you are already past your ATM. To stay legal I would pay some money and have it professionally weighed or you could find yourself uninsured. There is a chance that you could end up with a unworkable caravan. Good luck.

Sue C.

Sue C.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

How do I fix the water leak around the toilet inside the van??

Mazz M.

Mazz M.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Should we stow our tv for traveling?

Margaret Horrell
Margaret Horrell

Yes ,we leave ours under the pillows on the bed.

DonDunn33

DonDunn33asked

Aspire Hardtop Series

We have aspire 555 with adventure pack just wondering capacity of hot water tank, it has gas and electric switch for hot water takes about 10 minutes to heat up for shower. Also I believe we have 2 x 95 litre tanks had to do a slow feed to fill them up so all the air can filter out just wondering does anyone else have same issue

ConsumerMan

I believe the HWS is 23 litres. Should be in your user manual. Yes, slow fill of water tanks is the secret, and when you think they are full wait 30 minutes to breath then add more. If you join the Avan user group on Facebook you will receive many many more answers to your questions and find out lots of amazing tips and tricks.

Greg M

My unit looks like a Swift 20L unit, gas/electric, I assume it has a capacity of 20 L. This probably should not be added to the 190L in your tanks. Both of my tanks have a vacuum break line with the outlet located next to the filler nozzle. It is not a system to be filled quickly. It’s been my experience that to fill these tanks it will put you over the caravan weight limit and possibly your towball weight, if you value your insurance check this out. I hope this helps.
Cheers Greg M

What is fridge e in 555-3 avan

What is fridge size in 555-3

ConsumerMan

If you join the Avan group on Facebook I am sure you will receive your answer in an instant plus much more valuable information.

David B.

David B.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Hi can you tell me how to work the air cond panel that is the on off button etc thanks

ConsumerMan

I use the remote control. Sorry, not much help but you will obtain better answers if you join the Avan user group on Facebook.

D Dunnasked

Does the table come out in the AVAN 555 aspire

ConsumerMan

Cafe style table folds. Lounge style table is fixed and is not removable

John L
John L

I have an Avan 555 with the L shaped seat and it is not bolted down so we take it out which creates more space inside and we use the table outside for meals etc. as a lot of people spend more time outside the caravan than in

Does the aspire 555-3 with style pack have a innerspring mattress included

ConsumerMan

If you are referring to the main bed then yes it should be an innerspring mattress. If you join the Avan group on Facebook there is a wealth of information including discussions about bed width, length, softness/hardness and quality. Our own experience is that we thought we were getting a full size innerspring double bed mattress, however it turned out to be 80mm short of an Australian sized double bed. Doesn’t sound much but with the cut away corners we had problems with length and fitted sheets and fitted electric blanket. We also found it extremely hard. After 12 months of sleepless nights, and nearly buying a different caravan, we have changed out the mattress for a full size double and have just had a week away with the best sleeps since buying the caravan. Good luck.

Gillianasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Just wondering if someone could tell me how long including the drawbar an avan 555-3 is. We have ordered but can't find these dimensions anywhere and we don't get caravan until november and i need measurements now.

ConsumerMan

Salesperson should have these figures at their fingertips.

ConsumerMan

Just another thought. Join the Facebook Avan group. A wealth of information their and you should have an answer to your question very quickly.

mick_j69

mick_j69asked

Aspire Hardtop Series

Im glad your happy with your A van from Penrith.

We bought a Aspire 525 which was our first caravan from Penrith in October 2013.
In the 3 years we owned the Aspire 525 we only managed to have one service done at the Penrith dealer.

when ever we tried to have a service done we were told Quote Were booked out for the next 4 to 5 months for servicing.
In 2016 we had an electical issue
when we were in Qld we tried to ring Penrith to no success then i rang A van in Adelaide and the issue was solved over the phone in about 15 minutes.
I then contacted the dealer principal who got back to me in no time with the reply

Quote Hello Mick sorrry to hear about your problem in regards to servicing issues how ever if you do have a Genuine complaint then pleas contact me me on the phone number i provide.

I did the 3 times and every time he was not available and my message would be passed on.

Sounds like things have changed for the better now .

We now upgraded to a bigger van with ensuite and have had no issues in 4 years.

Cheers

Dave b

Dave basked

Aspire Hardtop Series

Hi have bought a 499, the axle is underslung, problem is the wheel is not centred to wheel arch, by a lot to the rear. Springs or incorrect mounts ???

Rob E.

Rob E.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

What is the biggest TV that will fit the bracket on an Aspire 555 Hardtop, a 32," 40", or 43". Our van has not been delivered yet so I can't measure myself. Rob

Mark
Mark

24" appears to be the max, 12 volt as an option as they are built differently to house tv`s

Geoff P.

Geoff P.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Got a 2019 Aspire 555 Single. Has anyone out there got both their fridge and Alko Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system working through a single 12 pin electrical plug - along with all the other usual stuff such as lights etc? In other words having no Anderson plugs at all. Any disadvantages to simplifying/centralising everything thru just the one plug? We don’t do any dirt or off road driving.

RustyGate

We're still awaiting delivery of our 555 but have been told we need to turn up with a red Anderson plug (wired directly to the battery with a fuse) specifically for the ESC. The grey one is for fridge etc. Hope that helps.

Susanne W.asked

Aspire Hardtop Series

Hello, is there a water gauge on the Avan Aspire 555? We’re about to head away with our new van and can’t find one. Thank you.

ConsumerMan

A Projecta system console was included in the 555 from about mid 2019. Earlier vans I believe did not have this feature. The console shows house battery charge, starter battery charge when the car is hooked up, fresh water tank level and waste water when grey water tanks are included. I wouldn’t get too disappointed if your caravan does not have a water level indicator as our one is a bit hit and miss. One day it will show 50% and the next day 75% then up to 100%. Its all over the place and talking to other caravanners they all say much the same regardless of the brand of caravan. I know when I am getting very low on tank water when the water pump starts making a different sound.

Susanne W.

Thank you for your reply. Great to know. Ours is a December 2018 model so it answers our question. Thanks again.

SurferMV

SurferMVasked

Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

Hi everyone, have just ordered a hardtop 499 aspire double. Not sure whether to get underslung axle for more clearance height or if people are happy with the overslung axle height? Pros for underslung is more clearance. Cons, higher centre of gravity. Tow vehicle is 100 series cruiser (no lift)

RustyGateasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2020 Avan Aspire 555-1 HT?

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives