21A'van Aspire Hardtop Series

A'van Aspire Hardtop Series Questions & Answers

Mary, Mary
Mary, Mary · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

What is the waste indicator installed for?

Mary, Mary
Mary, Mary · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Our 555 van has a gray water indicator. How does the gray water system work if it is fitted

Gerhard W.
Gerhard W. · Aspire Hardtop Series

The wheel tub on my single axle espire555 got damaged. Where could I get a new one? Avan spare parts are not very helpful.

David O.
David O. · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

We have had our van 2017. We have a water leak that we first thought was the front window but now think it is coming from the hatch . The water is not clear but slightly brown . Any ideas how to fix this ?

Peter Luke · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

What is the length and height of the Avan 499 hardtop?

Peter Luke · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

What is the length of the hardtop and the height of the Avan 499?

Peter Luke

What is the answer to my question?

Geoffrey M.
Geoffrey M. · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

What height is the coupling when van level

Les
Les · Aspire Hardtop Series

We have a 2020, 563, the awning light is not working now, is there a wiring diagram that I can chase back to a fuse please? Or somebody may have a list of what fuse is what item.
We have the Projector Intelli-rv management system.
Ta in advance Les

Roger
Roger · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Avan 555 DOM 6/2019. the hot water system stopped working on both gas and electric. The gas lighter is flicking but no gas flame. The hws unit is a Watermark 60111. The unit is usually turned on and I suspect the water tank was too low it this a possible reason?
Is there a reset button?

Kiwi Chris
Kiwi Chris

We were going to buy an Avan 555.5 but after reading all your problems I think we will buy something else. Had an Autotrail Delaware last an No problems like all of you are having.

Margaret Hayes · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Our Fly screen just stopped working when we were pulling it shut. Is there a manual we can use to fix it. It’s a horrex brand.
Cheers

Cheers

Mike

We had the sliding screendoor, useless but if yours is the same just clean out the track.
We replaced all with a Camec door and security screen door.

Margaret Hayes

We’re just trying to work out how to fit the screen back on.

Margaret Hayes

We pulled the frame out and are trying to re thred the screen it’s self

Gail Yates
Gail Yates

Hi!
Could anyone tell me if the lounge ( not the L-shape lounge) can be configured into a bed for a child? Any pictures would be appreciated.

John P.
John P. · Aspire Hardtop Series

I have a 2012 Avan Aspire 499. There is no water coming out when I turn on the switch and open tap. I did empty water a month ago and have now filled back up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

I've never had that and I thought I'd had every fault. It sounds like the pump needs priming. Maybe google how to do that??

Theo M
Theo M · Aspire Hardtop Series

My air conditioner in my 2015 avan caravan doesn’t come in from switch ? It worked back in summer this year not coming on from panel on wall when is connected to caravan parks main power everything in van working is a fuse for air conditioner somewhere in van

Mike

try a guy that helped us
Mark, 0401515952

Jo W.
Jo W. · Aspire Hardtop Series

we have a 2016 Avan Aspire 525 hard top. what are the best tyres for our van please

John N
John N · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Our Avan Aspire 555 caravan 2018 microwave has just stopped working. As the microwave is built in we cannot check the electrical connection. As we are travelling gif two months we cannot get to an Avan specialist. Presently staying in Jacobs Well till next Tuesday 9th August can anybody assist us please . Thanks you

Mike

Ours looks built in but actually is held by screws underneath.
They are covered by plastic buttons

how do we get the fridge to work when not plugged into 240v

Mike

If your level the gas fridge will work
We check the vents are clear, turn on gas at bottles, turn fridge to gas setting, click the lighter and push in gas button and repeat a few times.
On ours eventually the gas ignites and the bar moves across, then we let go of the button. If yours is the same it's easy.
The instructions booklet will help

When we finish we turn off gas at the bottle and then when fridge has used gas in the line, we turn off gas at fridge.

Margaret Hayes

thanks just a question "click the lighter" what does that mean

Margaret Hayes

we have a clicker on the gas hot plates and oven but cant find any clicker for the fridge

Eric A · Aspire Hardtop Series

Hi there,
I have an Avan Aspire 587-1 purchased 14/9/2017, amongst my manuals I cannot ascertain the battery management system, as I am considering the path of Lithium and solar panels also an inverter to run off grid if required.
Is there a grouping for Aspire owners to exchange info? TIA

Tony
Tony

Join the Avan owners group of Australia on Facebook. Everyone is willing to make comments or suggestions for all sort of issues, improvements or their experiences while travelling .Good luck

Joy P.
Joy P. · Aspire Hardtop Series

We have a aspire 572 and have never tried the fridge on gas until today can't even hear the igniter click the fuse is fine any other ideas please.

Mike

There's a bad fault in my Aspire, maybe in yours.
The fridge brochure says the access to the rear should be done differently to how its built. I asked Avan why their caravan not manufactured in accordance with component makers instructions but zero help.
Because of this problem you'll possibly have to take fridge out to fix igniter. That's what I had done.
It's a big job and you may prefer to get a repairman.
I'm really surprised Avan didn't offer to install a simple circular access hatch, the part costs maybe $6-

Eric A

Is your fridge a Thetford N3000 if so then have you tried on Automatic change to 240v then turn off power and see if it goes to 12v then turn on gas bottle and it should change automatically.
Good luck.

Jaime
Jaime · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

We have a hard top 555 2019 the battery appear to be flat it is 3 years old so we plug it into 240 volt but still no power at all. The van has only been used once because of all the lockdowns. Can anyone help with sorting this one out?

Mike

Just take battery to auto electrician to check but it's likely so flat it will only charge by driving behind the car, the 240v charger on my Aspire will not charge if its dead flat, I have to tow for several hours
Auto electrician first just to be safe

Denis M.
Denis M.

Dead batteries usually recharge with a CTEC 25000 Reconditioning charger. I have a car with a 6 year old battery and still going fine

Craig B.
Craig B. · Aspire Hardtop Series

Just asking if I could attach a portable solar panel to the grey anderson plug that goes from the tow vehicle to the van fridge, would it charge the battery?

Mike

I've got a separate Anderson plug that goes to a solar regulator to charge batteries its not the plug for hot wire from car

Greg M
Greg M

When my caravan is in storage I have a 16w panel (removable) through to an Anderson plug, then into the van where i have a regulator wired direct to the battery. I was told the I could not use the normal Anderson as it has other chargers before the battery.
I hope this helps

Eric A

I had an extra Anderson plug fitted to enable a portable solar panel to be used when van is not being used.
Mine did not come with solar panels!

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

Select a listing for your question
A'van Aspire Hardtop Series