21A'van Aspire Hardtop Series

A'van Aspire Hardtop Series Questions & Answers (page 2)

Deborah G.
Deborah G. · Aspire Hardtop Series

I have accidentally had the door handle in side my aspire 555 in the lock position and shut door now I can't open with key has this happened to anyone else and how do I fix it please

Mike

Cant help you. I thought the door was such poor quality I replaced it with a Camec door. That's brilliant .

Grahame C. · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

mine is 3 years old and has a bad leak due to using the sink , we put on the hose and turn on the sink and flooded 3inchs the inside so i disconnected and used the tanks by themselves and as soon as i turned on the pumped it started water coming out again , i cannot find the leaks any suggestion

Mike

Only 3 years old. I would take to dealer and advise that a reasonable person would expect the sink to function for more than 3 years and under Aust Consumer Law they are obliged to make good.
If the decline (unlikely) then record it all, get it professionally fixed and ask Fair Trading to act on your behalf inc your being willing to go to the tribunal.
I believe you only need to ask Avan but who knows.
I think I'm right about the law but ring Fair Trading and ask them.

Totally up to you to just ask for your rights

I will. Thankyou

Jan H.
Jan H. · Aspire Hardtop Series

How do you turn on to 240 v power on the hot water system.

Turn it on
. I've got an Aspire 563
I just plug it in and turn on the power point on mine that's under the bed, it heats after a while
To go to gas I just use the switch but read the instructions to make sure you correctly and safely light the gas

Jennifer W.
Jennifer W. · Aspire Hardtop Series

We have the Avan Aspire 499 … how do you detach the table to lower it and form the spare bed. It looks like it just hooks over the bar … I’m reluctant to force it up in case that’s the incorrect way to do it and I snap something … since it’s only hard plastic.

Greg M

Sorry Jennifer our table is a hydraulic unit. To get that up and down my wife kneels on it. It’s quite funny to watch although easy to do.

Chris F.
Chris F.

Yes to detach the table you grab it about halfway along and gently raise the edge closest to you to about 45degrees while lifting. It is a little heavy and feels a bit scary until you get the hang of it. We've taken 3 grandchildren away for a weekend each and it worked well.

Julie K. · Aspire Hardtop Series

Has anyone experienced a loud hollow banging when towing, particularly in cross winds.

Mike

Never had that noise but are you sure things like skylight and bathroom hatch are fully closed, and everything operable like windows, front boot etc are secured. It's got to be something really easy like TV aerial
Good luck

Julie K.

Nope, all secure. We have a tunnel boot. Sounds like it is near the hitch or from behind the fridge. It sounds like a hollow drum

Barbara B.
Barbara B. · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

We have a 2021 Avan Aspire 555 hardtop single axle. Manufacturer said to put 40psi in but they seem very soft when reversing! I am towing with 2012 Ford Territory. Could someone help with tyre pressure?

I use 40 psi and no problem towing. Zero, nil
I've got a fridge problem. The vent isn't where the fridge makers instructions says it should be but Avan guy declined to fix it so I've got to totally remove the fridge to clean the gas. That's really difficult.

Jenny S.
Jenny S. · Aspire Hardtop Series

We are having trouble locking our new aspire 499 avan outside door??

Mike

We found door not very good and installled a Camec door
Much better

Jamie C.
Jamie C. · Aspire Hardtop 499 Bunk

how comfortable and practical is the double bed since of its odd shape mattress? also are the bunks long enough to fit grown ups?

Mike · Aspire Hardtop Series

Hi
Aspire hard top 563, 2013 model
Brake lights dont work and definately getting power from car.
Avan tells me there is a fuse box for those lights but it simply is not in the van. I think it may rely on car fuses.What can I do to fix the fault?

Bob · Aspire Hardtop Series

Hi, I have an Avan 555 Aspire. How do I remove the microwave. I can't see any way of getting it out. There doesn't seem to be any accessible mounting screws but it is very solid so must be mounted in some way?

ConsumerMan

I believe the fridge has to come out first. However if you join the AVAN Facebook group and ask your question there you most definitely will obtain many helpful answers

Bob

Thanks for that, I will check Facebook.

Michael H.
Michael H. · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Ok, so I thought I would swap out the existing AC Delco battery for a new lithium jobby. This will be easy. Mistake, I didn't take pic. In the time it took to carry the old out and the new in the cables moved wherever they wanted and now I have six of them with no idea of what is positive or negative connected. Before going to an auto electrician It seemed prudent ask here. Is there a 12 volt inclined reader who has the wherewithal and time to send me a picture of how they are connected. The van is an 2019 Aspire 555, double bed and a Projecta management system with one solar panel. Any help is appreciated and worth a beer or two should we meet - out there.

Mr OK
Mr OK · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Anti-flap bar for my avan can you help me please Where do I get them and pack to install them can you help me please thank you

Janey
Janey · Aspire Hardtop Series

Have just picked up our Avan Aspire 555 van.
Light not coming on when door is open. Was working for a short while but now no light. What’s wrong please?
Freezer only cool not freezing?? Why won’t it freeze?
Fridge still not really cold even after a day. Temperature thermostat at full but should be cooler. What’s wrong please.
Thanks everyone

ConsumerMan

All fridges work better when full of food rather than empty. Caravan needs to be reasonably level for fridge to work efficiently. I suggest you join the Facebook Avan User Group and ask your question there. You will definitely get many answers plus a whole heap of other information

Rhonda M. · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

We use a Mazda BT50 2018 twin cab to tow a 2019 Avan Aspire 555 Hardtop with adventure pack are sway bars recommended to be fitted to our van?

Hi Rhonda
We tow with a Ford Everest 3.2 . We started off with Load Distribution bars and a sway bar and have now become comfortable without them. For the effort of putting them on and off each time there was not enough change to warrant keeping them. We do not have the problem of transferring the weight to the front wheels. I hope this helps
Cheers Greg

Rhonda M.

Thanks Greg We have not had a problem but we are new to caravanning and have noticed a lot of vans with bars on them. Thanks again for your info and enjoy camping.
Cheers Rhonda and John

Derise R.
Derise R. · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

Hi, we wanted to get a second water tank, but have been told that we can't because of weight issues on the axle. Can anyone tell me if this is correct.

ConsumerMan

It should be OK but remember Avan are not generous with payload allowance so you would have to watch your ATM. You know, you would get more answers to this question and many more if asked on the Facebook Avan User group

Greg M

Assuming that you have one 95 L tank (95kg) and want to add another 95 L this would make up 190 kg of your 300kg allowance for a single axle. This leaves you with 110kg for the rest of everything else you want to pack in your caravan. We found this impossible to do. After my experience of my Avan I would suggest that you are already past your ATM. To stay legal I would pay some money and have it professionally weighed or you could find yourself uninsured. There is a chance that you could end up with a unworkable caravan. Good luck.

Sue C.
Sue C. · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

How do I fix the water leak around the toilet inside the van??

Mike

Probably cassette seals, if it smells of urine that's the problem Easy fix new seals or new cadence
Maybe you can let me know how to get Avan to put the fridge vent where fridge maker says it should be.

Mazz M.
Mazz M. · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Should we stow our tv for traveling?

Margaret Horrell
Margaret Horrell

Yes ,we leave ours under the pillows on the bed.

DonDunn33
DonDunn33 · Aspire Hardtop Series

We have aspire 555 with adventure pack just wondering capacity of hot water tank, it has gas and electric switch for hot water takes about 10 minutes to heat up for shower. Also I believe we have 2 x 95 litre tanks had to do a slow feed to fill them up so all the air can filter out just wondering does anyone else have same issue

ConsumerMan

I believe the HWS is 23 litres. Should be in your user manual. Yes, slow fill of water tanks is the secret, and when you think they are full wait 30 minutes to breath then add more. If you join the Avan user group on Facebook you will receive many many more answers to your questions and find out lots of amazing tips and tricks.

Greg M

My unit looks like a Swift 20L unit, gas/electric, I assume it has a capacity of 20 L. This probably should not be added to the 190L in your tanks. Both of my tanks have a vacuum break line with the outlet located next to the filler nozzle. It is not a system to be filled quickly. It’s been my experience that to fill these tanks it will put you over the caravan weight limit and possibly your towball weight, if you value your insurance check this out. I hope this helps.
Cheers Greg M

Assunta warn
Assunta warn · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

What is fridge e in 555-3 avan

Assunta warn
Assunta warn · Aspire Hardtop Series

What is fridge size in 555-3

ConsumerMan

If you join the Avan group on Facebook I am sure you will receive your answer in an instant plus much more valuable information.

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

Select a listing for your question
A'van Aspire Hardtop Series