21A'van Aspire Hardtop Series

A'van Aspire Hardtop Series Questions & Answers (page 4)

Anthony
Anthony · Aspire Hardtop 402 Double

Where is consumer affairs, all you have is VCAT. Avan proudly Australian, it's no wonder people are buying Chinese vans imported. Same goes for Jayco.

Peter L.
Peter L. · Aspire Hardtop Series

aspire 563 hard top
Box underneath van on Drivers side on the way to tanks is leaking , ie what is it and how do i repair ?

Trevor J. · Aspire Hardtop Series

hi just got a new aspire 555 and would just like to know if i have fill the tanks and do i need to use the electric pump if i,m at a powered site with mains water, thanks

Pete
Pete

You dont have to use the pump on powered site so you need to switch the pump off

David T
David T · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

I have a water leak in the front window above the bed, how do I fix this problem?
The window is intact the leaking looks like it is coming in from around the seals, how do you take the outside cover off?. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I don’t want to take it back to Avan.
Regards David

Geoff P.
Geoff P.

Get a tube of clear or white silicon from Bunnings and (generously) go all around where the frame joins the caravan body.

Kelly M. · Aspire Hardtop Series

Has anyone had an axel brake on an aspire 555? The axel is hollow.

Glyn
Glyn

Frankle

Hi , we have had no problem with ours but we have not used it much.
We are selling it though if you are interested.

Kelly M.

Thanks Frank but I don't think I would want another one after this.

Sandra R.
Sandra R. · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Hi there, we have a Avan aspire triple five has under-seat air con and it doesn't work very well, if someone can give us any advice it would be greatly appreciated
other than that we are very happy with our van, it got everything you need to travel,
thanks

Wayne

How old is the van? Have you changed the filters. If you take it back for warranty work at Bomaderry, empty the van first. Or my experience was, they emptied contents and camping equipment to the value of over $500 dollars into their boot for me.

Shannon Kennedy
Shannon Kennedy · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

Does the 2017 499 Avan aspire bunk have a gas/electric hot water system?

LPG/240V NOT LPG/12V

Allan M. · Aspire Hardtop Series

oops sorry it's a 2017 aspire

Allan M. · Aspire Hardtop Series

hi all can anyone tell me how to get the outside light cover to change a bulb txs in advance Allan.

Squeeze it

Allan M. · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

hi can a mazda cx5 tow this van its a diesel motor and say it can tow 1800 kgs txs

Frankle

Not to sure I think our van weighs under 1800 kg so you should be Ok to tow.If your interested our van has only been used twice and we are selling it as my Wife doesn’t really like caravaning.

John L

I have a cx9 with has a tow capacity of 2 tone towing the 555 and I am upgrading to a diesel 1 because of the fuel economy is poor and 2 because it does feel precarious especially when fully loaded. Mind u it is the off road version so it is more elevated I recommend u upgrade to avoid risks and burning out your clutch

John L

speaking of which in my upgrading, what do other people tow there Avan 555 with and what do you recommend?

Stephen C.
Stephen C.

Pajero Sport no problem at all

Norman B.
Norman B. · Aspire Hardtop Series

WHAT IS IN THE ENTERTAINMNET AND AMBIENCE , STYLE UPGRADES IN aVAN ASPIRE RANGE

Jody
Jody · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

hello everyone i have a aspire 499 2016 which we love but shortly after getting it the pump in the toilet keeps on going and have to pull fuse out to stop it which stops some of our lights working in van only a couple but annoying thankyou any help would be great

noble · Aspire Hardtop 499 Single

The hot water wont flow through any of the outlets. Is there a shut off to the hot water tank, other than the one on the blue cold water feed on my 2013 499 HT Aspire single.

Janey
Janey

Hi there. We have just picked up our Avan Aspire 555
Fridge light not coming on when we open the door.
Freezer cold but not freezing. Fridge has been on for 24 hours and control at full on the door indicators. Can anyone help with these questions please

scoopaman
scoopaman · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

We have a 499. There is a mains socket in the wardrobe with a plug in it but switched off. The lead from the plug goes down a channel in the wardrobe. Does anyone know what this is for? Thanks.

Wayne

Is it for the hot water? Is it for the fridge? Microwave ?Don’t know the layout of 499. We have the 555.

Blue Mac

On my 499 theere is two leads from the power point in the wardrobe, the black one goes to the microwave and the white one goes to the aircon but there is another black lead that runs down the corner then disapears at floor level,this is for the small screen on the outside of the wardrobe that tells water levels and battery levels as well as controling the water pump

Solar to battery

Vicki
Vicki · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

I have power for tv, kettle etc but no lights. Where is that circuit breaker? The breaker for lights. Thanks in advance!

Wayne

Ours is at the foot of the bed. Depends on the year model and how they were feeling on the day ,as to where it is. I find the variation in placing things in the van , astounding.

noble

Usually as far away from a convenient place to get to as possible!

Keith & Liz Thorogood
Keith & Liz Thorogood · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Can I tow an Avan Aspire 555 behind a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander and be legal?

Wayne

Depends which one you have . The es base model only has a towing capacity of 1600 whereas the exceed diesel has a towing capacity of 2000 kgs. Maximum atm of my van is 1840 kgs. The atm on your vehicle is between 1985 and 2290 kgs. Could be legal , but suggest you get weight distribution hitch and ESC on van , also you would need an electric brake controller. The ESC is to prevent sway from reaching the point that you flip the lot.

Wayne

Forgot to mention. Expect your fuel consumption to rise dramatically the smaller the motor. When we towed with the six cylinder cruiser,went from 13 To 17 litres per 100. With the 2.8 ‘16 hilux goes from 9.8 to 14.5 -16 per 100

Blue Mac

It is as Wayne said , the model of the van, as various lengths available plus your listed tow limits on the towing vehicle

bindi
bindi

Another significant concern is the down ball weight your vehicle is rated for. Of course, the down ball weight of the van depends on the way you pack it, but, be aware that The down ball weight of your packed van may be significantly higher than the rated value at empty. It is a good idea to get a scale and measure your down ball (sometimes called towball) weight.

Angela
Angela · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

Can we tow an Avan Aspire 499, prop pop top version if possible with a Suburu Forester (not diesel)? Has anyone had that experience and/or comments? Thankyou

Donald Birks

Your vehicles towing capacity. Needs to be 1550 kg.

Blue Mac

Suburu have tow capacity of braked 1500 across the range of foresters according to their site and they do say that max towing speed is 80kph. As the tare of the van is 1250kg you would be on the limits very quickly.

noble

Can it do it, and how comfortably will it do it; 2 sides of same coin.Tow mine with a 2.5 TD Auto king cab Navara. No problem except we don't exactly speed up the grind into Toowoomba!

Bill
Bill · Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

I feel I got the wrong awning when I got the pull out & not the wind out Thule awning.

What are your thoughts?

noble

Pull out much preferred, and I have both, on 2 different rigs of course.. Quicker, and much easier to set up, and pack up. The way the Thule is set up with the weight hung off the extending arms has the potential for big problems as well.

s.Rosie · Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

Hi folks, we purchased new an Avan 499 HT IN 2015. Has only done about 10,000 klms & the skylight hatch at the front has cracked the plastic frame towards the backside. Has anyone replaced one of these before. I rang the local dealer & he said that it is an easy fix just buy a new skylight $360.00 & put it in. Does anyone know who makes the skylight as I would like to ask them if I could buy the plastic frame. I cant just buy the frame I have to buy the whole skylight. Thanks very much Steve.

Rob M
Rob M

I had a small crack in mine too. I just removed the silicone from the top and also the 2 sides and resealed. Make sure you reseal the top with the crack at the same time so nothing leaks.

noble

Had a similar crack problem with the frame, and fixed it with Fixtech 15 marine sealant. No more leaking.

s.Rosie

Thanks folks that answered my question was very much appreciated. Have repeals now & am on my first trip since fixing, so far so good & have had some rain to test it out.

Jan · Aspire Hardtop Series

Where is fuse box in 499 series please?

Donald Birks

At the rear under the bed.

Jan

Thank you so much Donald.... but by the tim this whole Q & A things I registered and u answered .... we had of course found it ( and felt pretty stupid I o!) not to worry , this caravanning seems a never ending learning Journey?!

Cheers

noble

What a pain that location was. No longer there in the 2014 I own. Now located at the foot of the bed just out side of storage area, and out of view under the lip of plywood bed frame/storage cover.

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

Select a listing for your question
A'van Aspire Hardtop Series