A'van Aspire Hardtop Series

A'van Aspire Hardtop Series (page 2 of 3)

400 Series, 500 Series, 600 Series

Pros

• Fuss-free towing

• Spacious layout

Cons

• Insufficient after sales service

• Mileage 10,433.333 km
  • Interior Build Quality
  • Off-roading Performance
  • Exterior Build Quality
  • Comfort

Great little van

To find a little van with double bunks a double bed and shower and toilet was a big challenge with out going to a 20 ft or bigger van. This little van has it all, we just love it. Great to tow good clearance every thing we need for our weekends away. Like another person said they are not a $70 k van so don't expect a penthouse on wheels, but we love it and have had no problems.Hard to find a van with all this brand new for under $40 k with a 5 yr front to back warranty.

Bad workmanship

Brought it second hand from a dealer who said it was fully serviced!!!! Not enough or poor quality wheel bearing grease had to replace all bearing due to overheating, Grey water floods shower recess. Low internal water pressure unless you use the pump as well. water leaking from under sink, clip hadn't been tightened. Support leg on awning won't hold up have to use a wooden dowel. .Flyscreen and shade cords broken on front window. Lucky i'm a retired fitter and have fixed it myself, didn't have much pleasure from the dealers. So just be warned the if you buy one second hand this is what you can expect...

Disappointing quality control and after sales service

Find out how A'van Aspire Hardtop Series compares to other Caravans

best van on the market by far

we picked up our aspire 555 this year and have been travelling for 2 months now. we love our 555 and cant really fault it in any. we purchused the van at the big show in feb and found the team a pleasure to deal with we have had a few minor issues (teathing problems) and avans respose has been great. we could not beleive how much is in the van not only for its size buy its weight as well. if you want a light weight but high quality van you cant go passed the avan range and i would highly recomand the team at avan. dont take my word for it get down to a show or even a dealer and check it out

Floor Plan555

Perfect for us.

Bought out 499 in 2013. Not the perfect layout for us but what its got, its weight and especially the price was perfect for us. She tows well and havent had any problems. We love it.

Mrs

Mrs

Very happy with aspire 499. Great after sale service by AW RV World

Bought an aspire 499, very happy with it. Nice and light and tows like a dream but most of all it was affordable. We use it to visit family who live in Vic and Wa and just sit it on their front lawn. Also use it for a few weekend trips here and there. We bought it through aw rv world and have nothing but positive things to say about them. We will be looking to getting a new van hopefully soon with an island bed and separate shower toilet, I like the avan frances.

Ohhhh not again

Kimbaadelaide

Unroadworthy? - lack of dealer action

mik

mik

Few issues with Avan 499 Aspire

Had exactly the same issue when i picked up my Aspire back in 2013.They only had half the camp room ended up being nearly 4 months by the time i received the the missing parts.

having trouble getting parts

We have been waiting over 4 months for our camp room which should have been with our Aspire 555 when we picked it up. Every time we contact the dealer its just one excuse after another. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve your problem. So far the care factor is zero

John W

John WBonnie Doon

Few issues with Avan 499 Aspire

Fly screen (door drops off runner.)Poptop material comes away from top liner in places.Sink flows into shower base (remedy was to cut drain and have seperate flow for shower and sink). Shower exhaust fan cover stuck to rubber seal. Not happy. Not much or little response from A-Van about these issues.

Greatsparks

GreatsparksRedland City

Great Van

After researching far and wide, I purchased a second hand Avan Aspire 499 HT. Great little van, compact, easy to tow, tows like a dream. Van was 4 years old and had been used as an on site van, lived in 24/7. Everything still works with minimal sign of wear all AOK. Minor issues related to under floor wiring and plumbing (in my fastidious opinion) were easily fixed by me as I am a tradesman. Great little van and would recommend it to all but the wingers who want a $75k van in a van that costs $37k. Dec 2017 Update. I have since looked at other vans plumbing and wiring and they are generally installed in the same manner as in the Avan. The van is still keeping us very happy.

its ok , I'm a bit of a handy man .

Pick up 499 pop top in Jan 2014. Read all the complaints that go back3years or so and you guessed it nothing has been done to fix the problems. water from sink floods toilet floor, roof sags on back corner, stairwell light not working , the van it's self is a little to low, you have to be a body builder to raise the roof , I put a baggage door road side to give access under bed , drop down table and rear poll carriers,

BuzzardAdelaide

Tread carefully before buying a carAvan

Like to know more - call me on 0418848316

Nice Caravan, 499 HT Aspire

Aspire 563 nov 2012

Looks good! But, have just had the brakes rewired, costly, because. Wiring was too small and brakes only received power along the line. Our bedroom window , double glaze, has come apart, currently duck taped. The catch on our skylight has broken while travelling along the road. The van is not sealed at all from dust coming up near the walls when travelling on short dirt roads , usually detours. Fridge had to be replaced (not 12 months old) would not go on gas, faulty inastalation and vents were in wring place. Very dissatisfied.

Kim

Kim

Avan aspire poptop LEAKS

Dale55

Dale55Old Junee

For an Aussie Built Van, at Affordable Price, it is the best I've Owned

lawrance

lawranceMelbourne, Victoria

Great value for money, looks contemporary and we love ours!

ChrsamPenrith

Avan 525 aspire poptop

Chrsam

Have since raised the height of the van by fitting axle under springs no more trouble of it bottoming out.

See all A'van Aspire Hardtop Series reviews

Bobasked

Aspire Hardtop Series

Hi, I have an Avan 555 Aspire. How do I remove the microwave. I can't see any way of getting it out. There doesn't seem to be any accessible mounting screws but it is very solid so must be mounted in some way?

ConsumerMan
ConsumerMan

I believe the fridge has to come out first. However if you join the AVAN Facebook group and ask your question there you most definitely will obtain many helpful answers

Bob

Thanks for that, I will check Facebook.

Michael H.

Michael H.asked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Ok, so I thought I would swap out the existing AC Delco battery for a new lithium jobby. This will be easy. Mistake, I didn't take pic. In the time it took to carry the old out and the new in the cables moved wherever they wanted and now I have six of them with no idea of what is positive or negative connected. Before going to an auto electrician It seemed prudent ask here. Is there a 12 volt inclined reader who has the wherewithal and time to send me a picture of how they are connected. The van is an 2019 Aspire 555, double bed and a Projecta management system with one solar panel. Any help is appreciated and worth a beer or two should we meet - out there.

Mr OK

Mr OKasked

Aspire Hardtop 555 Double

Anti-flap bar for my avan can you help me please Where do I get them and pack to install them can you help me please thank you

See all A'van Aspire Hardtop Series questions

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

A'van Aspire Hardtop Series

Features:

• The caravans in the A’van Aspire Hardtop Series are designed for active travellers, whether they’re families or other groups of adventure seekers.
  • The tare weight of the caravans range from 1040kg to 1950kg, while the body length ranges from 3860mm to 6170mm.
  • They also come with a variety of layout and feature options, so you can choose and customise a mobile home that suits your travel needs.
  • The caravans have aluminium panels which are highly durable and provide insulation while remaining lightweight enough to allow for better fuel efficiency.
  • Features like LED ceiling lights, reading lights, USB charging points, a winding TV antenna with booster, and a 3-way fridge, cooktop, and rangehood help make you feel completely at home wherever you are.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that towing these caravans was a breeze.
  • They also appreciated how spacious this van was.

A point of pain:

• According to a number of reviews, it was difficult to reach A’van representatives for assistance when they needed help or had a question about their caravan.
Compare all 13 A'van Aspire Hardtop Series
CategoryCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravans
Sleeping Capacity4 people2 people2 people5 people
Tare Weight1,250 kg1,070 kg1,070 kg1,250 kg
Travel Length6.36 m5.33 m5.33 m6.36 m
Dimensions 1915 x 2390 x 4890 mm1915 x 2390 x 3860 mm1915 x 2390 x 3860 mm1915 x 2390 x 4890 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013