400 Series, 500 Series, 600 Series
See the Best Caravans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by A'van

Pros

• Fuss-free towing

• Spacious layout

Cons

• Insufficient after sales service

• Mileage 7,866.667 km
  • Interior Build Quality
  • Off-roading Performance
  • Exterior Build Quality
  • Comfort

So Far So Good

Purchased in October 2019 at Avan NSW.

John L
John LIllawarra, NSW

great Van after a few teething problems,

Purchased in September 2019 at Avan NSW, Nowra.

Pete
PeteSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bathroom Not thought out

Exhaust fan should be placed ubove shower in case its left open when it rains also a light should be placed ubove mirror so you can see whilst shaving or doing hair

noble
nobleBuderim

Nead more practical engineering for electrical!

Wayne
WayneSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Warranty is a dirty word

Floor PlanAspire 555 with adventure pack and L shaped dining
Blue Mac
Blue MacSydney Surrounds, NSW

ASPIRE499 with Bunks and double bed

The finish and quality was as good as any others.
The van is reliable and only problem was loose wire on water guage which Avan fixed without any hassles.This van is the most comfortable I have owned and I did own an earlier Avan plus a couple of Jaycos which were good but not as good as this one.
Towing is hassle free and follows me a dream.

Floor PlanBunks , Double bed, combo toilet shower
Donald Birks
Donald BirksGippsland, VIC

After 3 years finding it a great van.

Nice van, easy to tow. Has rear double bed could do with a little bigger but very comfy if have the inner spring and not the foam. Kitchen consisting of gas cook top, microwave oven, deep bowl sink, 12v range hood with light and 3 way fridge. Rear combination shower/toilet with separate vanity not a problem very compact. It has reverse cycle air-con. Would recommend.

Your Top 5 Caravan Questions, Answered

From long weekend camping trips to living on the road, caravans let us explore the great outdoors in comfort and style. Whether you’re interested in caravans for sale or caravan hire, a luxury caravan or the ‘simple life’ type, this article will answer five questions you might have about investing in a new home on wheels.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 July 2020
your-top-5-caravan-questions-answered
Rob
RobMandurah

Love our van

We have found our van to be great to tow. Only issue we have is the table is hard to get in behind and the seat are very uncomfortable, but hey you are not supposed to be sitting behind them for hours so no big deal. We did find that our dealer supplied us with the grey water hose and didn't mention that we needed a connector. However we were asked to read all the supplied material and it does say to buy a connector of the correct size. We have not had our first month service so I guess we will find out what the service is like then. But so far it has been good.

Floor PlanAvan Aspire 555

Phantom
PhantomHighland Park

Bad Workmanship

Floor Plan402 Aspire Double bed

Great little van

To find a little van with double bunks a double bed and shower and toilet was a big challenge with out going to a 20 ft or bigger van. This little van has it all, we just love it. Great to tow good clearance every thing we need for our weekends away. Like another person said they are not a $70 k van so don't expect a penthouse on wheels, but we love it and have had no problems.Hard to find a van with all this brand new for under $40 k with a 5 yr front to back warranty.

Perfect for us.

Bought out 499 in 2013. Not the perfect layout for us but what its got, its weight and especially the price was perfect for us. She tows well and havent had any problems. We love it.

Ohhhh not again

mik
mik

Few issues with Avan 499 Aspire

Had exactly the same issue when i picked up my Aspire back in 2013.They only had half the camp room ended up being nearly 4 months by the time i received the the missing parts.

Greatsparks
GreatsparksRedland City

Great Van

After researching far and wide, I purchased a second hand Avan Aspire 499 HT. Great little van, compact, easy to tow, tows like a dream. Van was 4 years old and had been used as an on site van, lived in 24/7. Everything still works with minimal sign of wear all AOK. Minor issues related to under floor wiring and plumbing (in my fastidious opinion) were easily fixed by me as I am a tradesman. Great little van and would recommend it to all but the wingers who want a $75k van in a van that costs $37k. Dec 2017 Update. I have since looked at other vans plumbing and wiring and they are generally installed in the same manner as in the Avan. The van is still keeping us very happy.

BuzzardAdelaide

Tread carefully before buying a carAvan

Like to know more - call me on 0418848316

Jamie C.
Jamie C.asked
Aspire Hardtop 499 Bunk

how comfortable and practical is the double bed since of its odd shape mattress? also are the bunks long enough to fit grown ups?

Mike
Mikeasked
Aspire Hardtop Series

Hi
Aspire hard top 563, 2013 model
Brake lights dont work and definately getting power from car.
Avan tells me there is a fuse box for those lights but it simply is not in the van. I think it may rely on car fuses.What can I do to fix the fault?

Bobasked
Aspire Hardtop Series

Hi, I have an Avan 555 Aspire. How do I remove the microwave. I can't see any way of getting it out. There doesn't seem to be any accessible mounting screws but it is very solid so must be mounted in some way?

ConsumerMan

I believe the fridge has to come out first. However if you join the AVAN Facebook group and ask your question there you most definitely will obtain many helpful answers

Bob

Thanks for that, I will check Facebook.

See all A'van Aspire Hardtop Series questions

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

Features:

• The caravans in the A’van Aspire Hardtop Series are designed for active travellers, whether they’re families or other groups of adventure seekers.
  • The tare weight of the caravans range from 1040kg to 1950kg, while the body length ranges from 3860mm to 6170mm.
  • They also come with a variety of layout and feature options, so you can choose and customise a mobile home that suits your travel needs.
  • The caravans have aluminium panels which are highly durable and provide insulation while remaining lightweight enough to allow for better fuel efficiency.
  • Features like LED ceiling lights, reading lights, USB charging points, a winding TV antenna with booster, and a 3-way fridge, cooktop, and rangehood help make you feel completely at home wherever you are.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that towing these caravans was a breeze.
  • They also appreciated how spacious this van was.

A point of pain:

• According to a number of reviews, it was difficult to reach A’van representatives for assistance when they needed help or had a question about their caravan.
Compare all 13 A'van Aspire Hardtop Series
CategoryCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravans
Sleeping Capacity4 people2 people2 people5 people
Tare Weight1,250 kg1,070 kg1,070 kg1,250 kg
Travel Length6.36 m5.33 m5.33 m6.36 m
Dimensions 1915 x 2390 x 4890 mm1915 x 2390 x 3860 mm1915 x 2390 x 3860 mm1915 x 2390 x 4890 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013