AVG Antivirus

AVG Antivirus (page 2 of 3)

1.3

Graeme

GraemeBega

I'm sorry I can't leave a minus star for VPN

PhilS

PhilSmelbourne

Malware! AVG has become invasive and innapprpriate.

Annethema

AnnethemaLaunceston, TAS

AVG - Basically 'Pesterware'

Quite happy, thanks!

Switches itself off

It is switched off all the time. I was in trial period and I had to keep checking the app on my phone and switching it back on. I also got severely hacked while using it. Including my gmail account of 9 years. Completely blocked. iPhone and Mac. I contacted avg many times. I have screenshots to prove. They answered that they had no sign of an account with me in new or old email. Then I just noticed they have charged me for a year subscription. Despite that I didn’t want a subscription they told me they can only refund me if I send information such as a ref no that they never gave me.

Rip off

You can't turn off auto renew on their internet security software it tells you to go your avg account and not even there can you turn it off so they keep charging your credit card..

Brad

BradAU

scammers got hold of my paypal account

these scammers got hold of my paypal account, and charged me for no reason.
then my bank was overdrafted and i got charged dishonour fees. so annoyed
and thier anti virus is a joke, its free for a reason because its useless.

Al.

Al.Wimmera, VIC

Paid Versions A.V.G. Programs.

Paul

PaulSydney

AVG anti virus paid version - Great anti virus, but some minor reservations

Lee

LeeCentral Queensland, QLD

Automatic billing with massive increases

Originally i paid and agreed to $59 for one year. I did not notice last year that i was charged $129 then this year the increase was to $189. I never was aware of automatic billing but my issue is not that (as we know how sneaky these companies are with this) but the massive increase. Paypal have agreed with my refund as they are in the belief that this would have never been agreed to. I have not even been using the service.

lularoe27

lularoe27Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Annoying scare tactic ads badgering you for more money

I've had AVG paid version for a few years now it used to be great and just run in background effortlessly and tell you when you had a virus. Now AVG constantly has pop ups (even when you're paying $80/yr) with scare tactics like "your PC is not safe!!!" download this other product from us! "Free up space - get our PC tune up program" ad after ad after ad...AVG is more of a virus on my computer than any virus it would seem. I stupidly forgot to turn off their auto renewal feature and got lumped with it again but come next time it's "bye Felicia" . Invest in another AV product.

Caz

CazEAST GOSFORD

Automatic debit

I have had AVG anti virus and tuneup for 10 years, and last week I received an email from them for an automatic renewal debit for $49.99. I have never approved automatic renewals with them. I contacted PayPay about the transaction and now have to wait for a refund. I am a pensioner and that money was for my health insurance monthly payment which has now been declined by the bank for lack of funds. I checked my AVG page and there were no automatic debits approved by me. I am not impressed with AVG just taking money without my approval.

Chelle

ChelleAdelaide

Never again

Andrew T

Andrew TDeception Bay

AVG Internet Security Paid Version

Couldn't install AVG since they updated it for the 2017 Version, had nothing but trouble, it was great before they changed the whole interface and look. Had to install an old version just to get through the install on my pc.

When I do a scan with AVG it always tells me at the end that I should buy AVG Tuneup! And this is a product that my Dad purchased for my family. I have screenshots I will upload if I can.

Annie

AnnieAustralia

DNS server doesn't exist caused by AVG scan

Chuba

ChubaSouth Australia

Good free antivirus

Had an AVG Ultimate for 1 year , it was alright, although i didn't need half of extras there, only antivirus (which is available in free version anyway) and internet security (not sure if it did anything at all). After the subscription expired wanted to leave just the free antivirus but because of constant spam from AVG and automatic installation if their extras , switched to another free antivirus which works invisible. Very happy I have uninstalled AVG :)

happy33

happy33Sydney, NSW

Really BAD!!!

AVG a Waste of Money

Aussie Reviewer

Aussie ReviewerAustralia, Melbourne

Waste Of Time

Waste of time and money.
Guy's save the trouble and find another Anti-Virus.
Sales reps are quick to take your money, but when it comes to refund due the program having incompatibility with other programs you already have installed on your PC/Laptop they lack a lot of support.
Both the PC tune-up and the antivirus are very heavy on the process side of the PC/Laptop which you will noticed performance loss. Honestly Save your money and find another application that does work correctly without the trouble of the antivirus having conflict issues with other programs.
Years ago I would have recommended this program to anyone, but now I wouldn't look at it let alone buy it.

Technician00

Technician00brissie

AVG Now Rubbish

No Tech support.
No Replays to emails.
No Return calls.
No customer support.
No one can understand the them. English shocking..
No but you get spam ads ever day to buy more Avg crap.
No send a complaint every day and get nothing done.