Avis

5 questions from our users

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Eveasked

Wondering how many ppl purchase excess reduction? Pay them the amount of the insurance way out from my budget. After read from so many car rental forum, how to force them to inspect the car before you leave because seem like they don't and charge whatever they like after return the car. Anyone have experience could guide how to prevent this happen? How to make sure they don't charge you a single after leave the place?

If Avis do not have staff in the office during normal office hours, they will charge you whatever they want.
I found that Europcar always seem to have staff in their office and in the past have always inspected the car before and after. I strongly recommend you use them, or try anybody else, except Avis.
If you have travel insurance, you should not need to increase the excess with any car rental company for an additional charge, check your travel insurance policy.

Eve

Thanks Gary! I will check with Europcar. My insurance only cover $750. So I need to purchase Tripcover.com for my car excess insurance. Only that they don't provide 24/7 assistant, that need additional charges same as Europcar. Melbourne need to pay for toll fee as well, after add on everything even I don't purchase excess reduction insurance, my cost will be much more higher.

Mariella
Mariellaasked

Has anyone purchased "Insurance excess waiver cover" from another party instead of Avis? Was it successful and did it fit in with Avis terms and conditions? I need car hire in Tassie in March 2014

Check one of the travel insurance companies. I've used 1Cover a few times, but have never had to claim. We received cover for all the normal travel type stuff plus hire vehicle excess for about $110 for 8 days for two people. You could just take out cover for one person if you only want to cover the vehicle excess.

Other Car Rental Services