Avis

Avis

1.5

Greg Rublee
Greg RubleeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avis on Whitehorse Road - Awesome!

I promised a review and here it is. The folks at Avis on Whitehorse Road in the Blackburn area are first rate! Friendly and fair. A combination not found most places these days. Highly recommend them. Thank you!

CT1000
CT1000Sydney, NSW

Wasted 3 hours of my time at the airport

The person I was dealing with onsite was friendly enough, but does need more training in manual transactions. My card declined due to the third party payment system taking cash advancement payments instead of a 'hold' payment. I was on the phone to the bank for ages only to find out that the issue is with Avis. My card worked everywhere else. After having to taxi to and appointment and then coming back to the airport asking if there is another way to put the payment through, the customer service person said she could try manually. This should've been an option 3 hours ago when I first arrived at the desk and my card did not go through. Don't try calling their helpdesk either... terrible!

Vehicle TypeHyundai Tucson
Graham
GrahamSydney, NSW

AVIS Noosa

Found Karen at AVIS Noosa to be outstanding to deal with. Sorted cars with ease and had a great demeanor. Have always found AVIS to be reliable, but Karen had such great customer service that I wanted to comment.

Kamal
KamalSouth West, QLD

Scam

Booked online and agreed on $500 and was charged $1000+ with add on insurance..
I picked up the car on Thursday afternoon and returned on Tuesday morning.. it’s very over priced.

Tonya
TonyaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

There's no option to rate lower than one star- Worst experience ever- RUN RUN away!!

Jack
JackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent

Arrived in Cairns on Monday 11th of January 2021. There was a cast of thousands at the counter (most doing very little) yet had to wait more than 30 minutes after processing my reservation. I use AvisBudget on a regular basis, but this will be the last time.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla

Avis international scam

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry
Meegan
MeeganFar North Queensland, QLD

Never again!

I will never hire with Avis again, after dropping our car back a day early for them to fix a tiny stone chip. Avis never repaired it, hired the vehicle to the next renter and the chip turned into a massive crack across the whole windscreen.
We are now being blamed for this crack from the other driver and Avis and are being forced to pay for a whole new windscreen !?! Very dodgy tactics. I’ve called multiple times, sent numerous emails with photos but have still not had the charge reversed. Stay away

Going back to hertz

First time renting an avis after years of using hertz and end up buying a windscreen because of a small stone chip. Going back to HERTZ where Ive never experienced anything like this.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla

Vanessa Sun
Vanessa SunSydney, NSW

Ripped off by the Artarmon location

Vehicle TypeNissan Leaf
BPF
BPFSydney, NSW

Beware of unauthorized additional charges

Vehicle TypeHyundai Santa Fe
Pass
PassSydney, NSW

Charged more than $70 what was quoted without any explanation

Drew W.
Drew W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

I would rate this business -0 - Disgraceful and arrogant conduct - DO NOT USE THEM!! They don't care about their clients

Rob
RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Disappointing!!!

I've been using AVIS for a while for intrastate work trips. Recently had an incident where paint fell off the back of a truck and was splatted all over the side of the rental vehicle. I reported it to AVIS 10 mins after it occurred, provided all the details and arranged to swap the vehicle over that afternoon so AVIS might have a better chance of cleaning it.
Weeks later I'm sent an invoice for the excess amount suggesting I hadn't provided any details. Unbelievable! They are a massive company, are lazy and just DON'T CARE about looking after the people that provide them with business.
Will I be renting from AVIS again? There are much better options in Australia. Don't waste your time or money!

Vehicle TypeIntermediate car
Received Booked VehicleYes

Pushy customer service & watch out for hidden costs

I rented a car for 5 days through Avis in Malaga, Western Australia. When I picked up the car, they pushed me 3 or 4 times to pay extra to reduce the excess (an extra $500 or so) and were quite irritated when I refused. When I returned the car, it took several attempts to get a final invoice, to find they had overcharged me by $32. I've queried it, but they claim the fee was correct. I know it's a small amount, but I just want to warn others of their tactics.

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services