Avis

3.3

michael j.

michael j.

Great resolution

As a result of Coronavirus I was required to return my hire car early. Initially I was charged excessively by Avis, this was rectified without fuss after I sent an email requesting a review. All other elements of the hire were seamless and the car was new.

Lawrie

LawrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Experience Ever Avis Hobart

We picked our pre reserved vehicle at the Hobart Airport after flying from Brisbane. The customer service from the counter staff and the pick up/ drop off guys in the rental carpark was excellent. We were greeted with a smile and were given an upgrade to a 4WD at no extra charge. We hired the car for 2 weeks and travelled all over Tasmania. It was a clean vehicle with low klms and drove really well. The cost was way below the competitors and good value for the money. There were no surprises at drop off and it was a very easy process. We would definitely recommend Avis at Hobart Airport

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Pajero Sport
Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a better vehicle

Pathetic customer service, I reserved car for $69 .99, however I was charged 193.60 without explanation.

Pathetic customer service
I was charged $ 193.60, But was given receipt of $130.25
I requested to speak to the manager/supervisor on Friday, however no call back up until now. Even managers don’t Value Their customers

Vehicle TypeKia Rio
Car Hire Services

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Hire Services

The Investor

The InvestorPerth

Avis Hobart Airport - Great Service

I booked by phone. Spoke to an Australian. Great service. We flew into Hobart on Wednesday 10.07.2019. I didn’t note the name of the lady attending the Avis counter, but her service was excellent. She processed all of the customers quickly & because the type of vehicle we booked wasn’t available, she upgraded us to a much better car at no extra cost. Was great start to our Tassie holiday. Thanks Avis

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival
MaxE

MaxE

Avis has not released a holding deposit of 900 euro.

I hired a car from Avis in France paid for it and returned it as agreed on time and full of fuel. 25 days after returning the car Avis still have a holding deposit of 900 euro on my account.
Two emails to Avis and no reply, I have asked for the reason why the funds have not been released. I have until now been a regular Avis customer, no more.

Vehicle TypeMercedes-Benz GLA-Class X156
Georgia M.

Georgia M.Sydney, NSW

Avis DUBBO-OUTSTANDING!

I rented from Dubbo airport in May. The guys at the airport were friendly, nothing was an issue. I had to extend my rental, it was handled compassionately and professionally.

Vehicle TypeHyundai i30
Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

AVIS - FRAUD

Christopher R.

Christopher R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not hire a car from this company

We hired a car from Melbourne Airport and were charged 29% fee for using the airport office to pick it up. Nowhere where we told or was it made clear that this would be charged. Plus transaction fees on the credit card, what a rip off, the daily rate is about 50% of the bill. Don't be fooled they lie to your face.
They also told us the hold on the credit card would come off when the car was returned, it was not taken off till 3 weeks later.

Do not use this company.

Kay L

Kay LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

The experience with the office staff was positive.
I didn't get the car I asked for.
Negative experience was when I got in the car,stunk of cigarette smoke,wasn't very clean.
Plus couldn't find how to release the handbrake.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry
Car Hire Services

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Hire Services

PatsDad

PatsDadGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faultless service.

This is for the Frankston, VIC. branch. We had a replacement car through Avis whilst ours was being repaired. Effortless process, had to extend a couple of times as our repairs were delayed, which was no problem, just a quick phone call. Drop of when finished was done in a couple of minutes. I can't speak highly enough about the branch.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla
Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a better vehicle

Graham at Avis Coffs Airport rocks!

Graham is always well prepared. Always happy and makes you feel good. Yeah it’s just a simple transaction and yet so many fail where he adds value. Well done Graham! Avis have great cars and deals too btw :)

Vehicle TypePeugeot 3008

Matt Ward

Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80

Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong

Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Hire Services