Avis

Avis

1.1

Mark

MarkCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Avis Double Charged Me And No Contact At All!

I rented from AVIS in Bendigo last week. They over-charged my account without telling me, and even more on the second debit. I overheard a woman who got charged 3x while I was picking up the car, I thought it was random. But no, and the guy who I asked on the other line doesn't even listen and told me he'd call me back. NO CALL, I have to keep chasing until I get my money back. AVIS - just close your shop if you can't do proper service!!!

Alice Springs service

The poorest customer service and communication I have ever experienced. I will never be using Avis again and the Alice Springs branch is shocking. No help with a punctured tyre (which was like that on pick-up), a simple invoice took 6 weeks to obtain, the branch never answering their phone, counter not attended, road side assistance driving off (with no assistance), extremely poor management of the whole situation. Terrible.

Phoenix

PhoenixMurray Region, NSW

Do NOT hire from AVIS at Lake Como

Vehicle TypeBMW 1 Series

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Hire Services

Late to open, charged fees I was not informed of, extremely unprofessional

Still have not received bond or the holding payment that I was never informed about, pathetic company and extremely unprofessional. Did not awnser calls or be at the office during work hours, by far the worst car rental company in Australia.

mj.

mj.Perth, WA

extortion

Unfortunately I have had to return a rental car early as a result of caronavirus flight cancellations. Despite daily email spam from the Avis Ceo "that they understand and will waive charges" I have had my credit card gouged by avis for an extra A$1500.

Wendy

WendyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blatant rip off

I hired a car for a day from Avis in Hobart. I could not find a petrol station and they were due to close so I returned it happy to pay a little extra for them to fill up the car.
They charged $5 a litre!! It was $113 for 1/3 tank. Also I had booked a Corolla and got a Commodore so it used more fuel as well.
Total extortion and while I accept there is a cost to them refilling the car, that would be the same regardless of the amount of petrol needed.
Never again, Avis

Vehicle TypeHolden Commodore
Qianyue P.

Qianyue P.Sydney, NSW

Sent me a letter chasing up on fuel payment even through I have selected and paid for the prepaid fuel option offered

Vehicle TypeHyundai Tucson
Prakash

PrakashSydney, NSW

Beware you don't get your holding deposit

Appalled Customer

Appalled CustomerVictoria

The most appalling customer service ever experienced.

Appalling, rude, disgusting service. NEVER again.
Do not use Avis at Southern Cross Melbourne.
Absolutely disgraceful.
Use any other operator other than them. So rude, so unhelpful, will never ever go back to using them.

jason

jasonVictoria

dont go avis

i rented a mercedes and pre paid for this and the extra insurance.
when i got home from our holiday avis took out $3700 from my account without asking.
i called the bank and gave them my pre paid invoice showing i had paid $600 for the car and its not $600 + $3700. bank is still fighting avis and i still dont have my money and its been 2 months.
the banks response so far is that this happens allot with rental car companys.

Vehicle TypeAudi A8

Do Not Go With Avis

Vehicle TypeJeep Cherokee
PLJ

PLJHobart, TAS

Car type booked and paid for not available, persistent emails during rental period, and left item missing within 30 mins

Vehicle TypeHyundai Tucson
Newport Lad

Newport LadNewport

Very poor service Perth airport.

Tracy

TracySydney, NSW

Terrible customer service, NO response at all

We have a faulty GPS with the car we rented at AVIS rental Hobart airport, we reported the issue and were told that duty manager was not around, we need to call back to sort it out. We made numerous calls afterwards and every time were promised someone will call back, yet no one does.

After two weeks waiting, we emailed AVIS customer service to report the issue. One month passed, the only response is a system generated reply saying please queue for response.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a worse vehicle

Don’t Go Near Or Even Consider Avis.italy (But Particularly Avis Rent-a-car (Fumicino Airport, Rome).

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Hire Services

We got scammed. Read reviews prior to renting.

Unfortunately we were scammed in Tallinn to pay 330eu for a scratch which was there prior to renting. Although we notified them regarding the scratch before signing and renting, we were told that small scratches are not considered as damage. On return, their representative told us that he has to include the scratch in his return form although there will be no extra cost for the scratch. Around 30min later we were charged 330eu from our credit card without our authorization.

Vehicle TypePeugeot 308
Rippley

RippleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Rorting Subcontractors

Vehicle TypeWagon
CAL

CAL

customer service

Not a good customer service experience. Only hired as they hire until midnight. It took ages to sort this out and then I get given a Bright green car. Obviously because they weren't happy. I loved it though ! Got so much attention ! won't be renting again as their policies and procedures need to be reviewed as they are strict on everything.

Business Trip

Business TripSouth East Queensland, QLD

One day's hire $254 disgraceful and shame on you AVIS

We were told it would cost us $100 to have car dropped at Airport rather than from the Bayswater AVIS where we hired it from. We thought yeah excessive, but have to live with that. Due to dropping car at airport 2-1/2 hours later than 10:00am we were hit another day's hire including the insurance.

Vehicle TypeToyota Yaris
Amireh

AmirehSydney, NSW

No respect to your time and money

The worst company you can get service from. No respect to your time and money. I arrived Melbourne for pick up time 11:30am, waited an hour to get service, ended up catching taxi to town for my meeting at 1.

Vehicle TypeHolden Trax TJ

Matt Ward

Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80

Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong

Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Hire Services