Avis

Avis (page 2 of 35)

Avis Longreach

Great service from Avis in Longreach until I was overcharged on vehicle return. Customer service was terrible in failing to resolve the matter. I’d use an alternate company in future.

Tonya
TonyaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

There's no option to rate lower than one star- Worst experience ever- RUN RUN away!!

Money grabbing liars

Lisa H.
Lisa H.Sydney, NSW

Avis car rentals Campbelltown

MICK ODEEAdelaide

Disgraceful Service

Avis took $450.01 out of my account to hire a car for 1 day on the 15/1/21. They said $200 of this was a bond and that it would be refunded after 4-5 days. 5 days later they took a further $256.45 out of my account for a total of $706.46. I rang them today to ask why and they told me the initial $405.01 will be credited back to me within 10 days and it is currently "Pending" and will be released by my bank. My bank balance is therefore currently $706.46 in the red. This company take money out of my account as they please, then tell me it is now my banks concern to release it back to my account. Don't trust this company!!!!

MICK ODEE

I have just rung my bank and
they stated I need to ask Avis to provide them with a release funds form. I have been on the phone waiting on hold now for over 20 mins to speak with someone. Their "service" is disgraceful!

Jack
JackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent

Arrived in Cairns on Monday 11th of January 2021. There was a cast of thousands at the counter (most doing very little) yet had to wait more than 30 minutes after processing my reservation. I use AvisBudget on a regular basis, but this will be the last time.

Avis international scam

Can’t trust their online booking and customer service non existent

Confirmation of reservation received online - phoned site to confirm pickup and told no vehicle after all - queried the information online and number and told “that’s just how the system works

Andy
Andy

Poor customer service

Via a phone call Avis staff adviced their office was open, we traveled 30km in rural Vic to pick up the car and surprise surprise the office was closed... Thank you, Avis! Never you again!

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Rental Services

They could not honour their reservation and failed to deliver.

Very poor customer service. Even though Avis confirmed the reservation three times by email and once by phone, they could not deliver the vehicle, even worse the location was closed until 2021. Overseas call centres on which they rely on have no idea what is going on in Australia.

beezee
beezeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great experience with Avis at Hobart airport

Mark
MarkCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Avis Double Charged Me And No Contact At All!

I rented from AVIS in Bendigo last week. They over-charged my account without telling me, and even more on the second debit. I overheard a woman who got charged 3x while I was picking up the car, I thought it was random. But no, and the guy who I asked on the other line doesn't even listen and told me he'd call me back. NO CALL, I have to keep chasing until I get my money back. AVIS - just close your shop if you can't do proper service!!!

Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a worse vehicle
Magnus
MagnusAdelaide

Disgraceful costumer service

Avis your costumer service is disgraceful too say the least. I rang the office on Pitt Street, Sydney on many occasions but nobody bothered to pick up the phone. I also rang your costumer service 136333 and after a long wait I spoke to a person you couldn't understand. It's not good enough - use Australian call centres. Won't be renting with Avis again.

Narrabri Avis

Meegan
MeeganFar North Queensland, QLD

Never again!

I will never hire with Avis again, after dropping our car back a day early for them to fix a tiny stone chip. Avis never repaired it, hired the vehicle to the next renter and the chip turned into a massive crack across the whole windscreen.
We are now being blamed for this crack from the other driver and Avis and are being forced to pay for a whole new windscreen !?! Very dodgy tactics. I’ve called multiple times, sent numerous emails with photos but have still not had the charge reversed. Stay away

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services