Avis

Avis (page 3 of 25)

1.7

bill

billSydney, NSW

Avis charged me for a rental fee that I already pre-paid through rentalcars.com

Bunda

Bunda

Dishonest or just devious?

Robyn Littlefair

Robyn LittlefairSouth Australia

Avis abandoned us

Karen S

Karen SSydney, NSW

Unexplained Charges

Hired a car in South Africa. Avis received a speeding fine and charged me an admin fee, which is fine. I received no copy of the fine and was not advised how I should pay it or what to do. 4 months later two additional charges for the same amount were debited on my credit card. I have been trying for a month to get an explanation. I am told they are not erroneous charges but no evidence of any additional fines or charges has been provided. It seems looking through the reviews here that Avis just charges whatever they want with no proof. I chose Avis because I thought they were a reputable company but I guess not. Well done Avis you have lost all my future business. Don't use them is my recommendation.

Mr C

Mr CDarwin, NT

Overcharged on quote

I hired a car in Hobart & was told & shown on a small screen that for four days my total charge was $648 however when I checked my account later that night they had charged me $871. I went back to see the hire staff the next day & was told that I should have been told they would charge me extra however they didn’t which makes the transaction illegal.

Total Professionalism

Great service, Great price, Great car !
Highly recommend Tony from Blackburn Avis ! Tony’s level of professionalism was second to none. Fair, honest and went the extra mile. Toyota Kluger very nice car.

James

JamesSydney, NSW

Terrible Service and Extra Charges

I rented a car in Cairns for 24hrs, and returned it within 24hrs and the initial quote I received was for 1 days rental. When I received the receipt I had been charged for 2 days rental. Because the staff in the Cairns office had not processed the return supposedly till 4hrs over the 1 day rental time. The time they say I returned the car I was already on the flight home. After 3mths and numerous emails I still have not been able to get any action from AVIS. Avoid them at all cost, if I could give a minus rating I would.

Asif H.

Asif H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

unexplained charges after 3 months

Frank E

Frank ESouth East Queensland, QLD

Non existent customer service. Unexplained additional charges

Made reservation for car pickup in Adelaide months ago. Price charged on my card a lot more than what was quoted. When I asked about this they said I should wait till the end of the rental and then get the contract then only could I query??? No tyre and windscreen cover was offered as it usually is (but I never queried this as I have always had good service from Avis...in South Africa) and as luck would have it a tyre had to be replaced and I had to fork out for this. Do not sure Avis is the benchmark anymore, I will use other car rental providers next time.

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Hire Services

Pathetic customer service, I reserved car for $69 .99, however I was charged 193.60 without explanation.

Pathetic customer service
I was charged $ 193.60, But was given receipt of $130.25
I requested to speak to the manager/supervisor on Friday, however no call back up until now. Even managers don’t Value Their customers

Jim Jones

Jim Jones

let’s put these guys outa business!!

Pathetic customer service, I didn’t even receive my car. After politely asking are there any solutions to 2 different people on the telephone I literally felt like I was talking to a brick wall. I didn’t even mind if I didn’t get the car, but they just wouldn’t give me any decent communication. It was as if they were trying to annoy me more. These guys should not be in business . Full stop!!
Absolutely disgusting!! Sydney branch Alexandria, but it’s the whole company attitude that really stinks.

Terrible Service

I went to pick up my car that was fully Paid, the instruction said to bring ID and Drivers licence. When I got there they wanted a Physical credit card. They could not use pay wave, eft or Scan of my card. I have not carried a card for years having always used payWave. There was no manager available no one to speak to and customer service was Closed. This is a business destined to fail. Sell your shares they will be broke very soon.

False Bookings

On the 14/12/19 I went to flight centre Cleveland and booked accommodation and car hire and payed by debit card for a ASX or similar $1034.59 Pick up Perth Air Port 11pm 26/12/19 return Perth airport 4/1/20 11am Now apparently this vehicle is no longer available and my car hire is cancelled yet when we filled out the calendar it was available . Now it is to late to book any similar sized vehicles , When I rang to speak to them about this they fobbed me off from the Philippines bad service bad customer service and told me bold faced lies DO NOT BOOK with this company they can not be trusted to stand by their bookings or their customer bad show you have lost my business for good.

Liam G.

Liam G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Robbers

Terrible absolutely robbed me of money

Charged $227 for 1 day and $79 because I was back 2 hours late.

Had lots of extra hidden charges and I had to buy $50 extra insurance cover .

NEVER AGAIN would in use this company

Don't ever book overseas services through Avis Australia

Employees do a worse job than 1 ply toilet paper

Appalled Customer

Appalled CustomerVictoria

The most appalling customer service ever experienced.

Appalling, rude, disgusting service. NEVER again.
Do not use Avis at Southern Cross Melbourne.
Absolutely disgraceful.
Use any other operator other than them. So rude, so unhelpful, will never ever go back to using them.

Rip Off..!!!!

I made a booking and cancelled the booking on the same day and they bloody ripped me off for a cancellation fee for $82.50
I clicked on ER option on the website and when I got the confirmation email it only said that I had paid for LDW which is not what I had signed up for hence went on to cancel the booking as I was getting a cheaper deal elsewhere
I tried to call them on their toll free number 136333 and the call wouldn't even connect..!!!
Bad company, bad service, bad ethics
Will always discourage everyone who want to hire a vehicle through them
#avis #avisaustralia #boycottavis

ROKU

ROKUWestern Australia

left Out In The Snow !

Arrived in Dayton USA recently, had a car booked with Avis weeks in advance, had confirmation from them twice, aircraft arrived on time but late flight in, on arrival LOW temps and snow falling. After waiting in line for over 35 - 45 minutes the 19 of us waiting in line were told," Only 8 cars were available, but we all had reservation's ? " When asked how this could happen and what were Avis going to do were advised they would do nothing, there was a Taxi rank outside if we wanted a Taxi, but at 1am in the morning, Taxi's were few and far between. There was NO attempt by staff to help the people Avis had let down and other car renters had no cars either. Shame on you AVIS, NEVER again, losers !

RossM

RossMPerth, WA

Poor post rental customer service

I submitted a complaint on 10 Sept regarding overcharging and despite a promise this would be rectified it hasn't been 2.5 months later. I have sent follow up emails and made phone calls but still waiting for a promised call back. It appears Avis have outsourced everything to an Asian call centre. They might as well be using robots because they are impossible to deal with. Avis used to have such great customer service but this is no longer the case and my decades of loyalty are over and I will be looking at using another company.

Matt Ward

Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80

Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong

Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Hire Services