Avis

Avis (page 4 of 35)

Drew W.
Drew W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

I would rate this business -0 - Disgraceful and arrogant conduct - DO NOT USE THEM!! They don't care about their clients

Rob
RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Disappointing!!!

I've been using AVIS for a while for intrastate work trips. Recently had an incident where paint fell off the back of a truck and was splatted all over the side of the rental vehicle. I reported it to AVIS 10 mins after it occurred, provided all the details and arranged to swap the vehicle over that afternoon so AVIS might have a better chance of cleaning it.
Weeks later I'm sent an invoice for the excess amount suggesting I hadn't provided any details. Unbelievable! They are a massive company, are lazy and just DON'T CARE about looking after the people that provide them with business.
Will I be renting from AVIS again? There are much better options in Australia. Don't waste your time or money!

Pushy customer service & watch out for hidden costs

I rented a car for 5 days through Avis in Malaga, Western Australia. When I picked up the car, they pushed me 3 or 4 times to pay extra to reduce the excess (an extra $500 or so) and were quite irritated when I refused. When I returned the car, it took several attempts to get a final invoice, to find they had overcharged me by $32. I've queried it, but they claim the fee was correct. I know it's a small amount, but I just want to warn others of their tactics.

michael j.
michael j.

Great resolution

As a result of Coronavirus I was required to return my hire car early. Initially I was charged excessively by Avis, this was rectified without fuss after I sent an email requesting a review. All other elements of the hire were seamless and the car was new.

Kmr
KmrSydney, NSW

scammed me on a petrol tank refill

I returned my car with a full tank and had receipts but they added a tank of fuel to my credit card without telling me. They were hoping I didnt notice. It took weeks to fix the mess. I wont use them again

paul
paulsydney

Greedy cash grab over Coronavirus cancellations

Ernie
ErnieSydney, NSW

AVOID AVIS at all costs -> Dishonest misleading trade practices, inconsistent messages from staff, no customer service

Worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life

I tried to return my car to the Paramatta office this morning. Granted, I arrived probably just before or at 12noon (did not check specific time upon arrival as I did not expect office to be closed already). I then called customer service to try and see where else I could go, but its only Airport office that remains open and another 60 mins drive from this office. The customer service officer had to return in any event
to open in any event for a truck that was also waiting to pick-up cars...and this guy also said he was there before 12 noon.
Officer told me boldly he will not accept my car! Probably worst customer service in years!!

mj.
mj.Perth, WA

extortion

Unfortunately I have had to return a rental car early as a result of caronavirus flight cancellations. Despite daily email spam from the Avis Ceo "that they understand and will waive charges" I have had my credit card gouged by avis for an extra A$1500.

VMB
VMBSydney, NSW

Beware of AVIS’ flawed system, inconsistent practices and incompetent staff

Shelly
ShellyQueensland

Misleading and deceptive

I hired a Avis budget vehicle in Cape Town, South Africa. The staff member advised that the car did not include breakdown insurance and to cover this I would need to purchase the premium insurance. This was in fact incorrect. My car hire included breakdown, but she stated it did NOT. Who wants to take the risk in South Africa. As a result I paid an additional $360. Travellers beware of this deceptive and misleading information.

Linda J
Linda JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware. They charge extra.

Wendy
WendyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blatant rip off

I hired a car for a day from Avis in Hobart. I could not find a petrol station and they were due to close so I returned it happy to pay a little extra for them to fill up the car.
They charged $5 a litre!! It was $113 for 1/3 tank. Also I had booked a Corolla and got a Commodore so it used more fuel as well.
Total extortion and while I accept there is a cost to them refilling the car, that would be the same regardless of the amount of petrol needed.
Never again, Avis

Qianyue P.
Qianyue P.Sydney, NSW

Sent me a letter chasing up on fuel payment even through I have selected and paid for the prepaid fuel option offered

Johnson T.
Johnson T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dishonest Car Rental

They overcharge me for credit card surcharge but they ignore my refund request. In the invoice stated 1.17% surcharge fee but end up they charged me 6.9% fee. Please stay away.

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services