Avis

Avis (page 4 of 25)

1.7

The worst experience of ripping us off

Extremely terrible customer service, poor communication and hidden costs etc.

Do not go there!!

If you don't want to get overcharged for something you didn't order. Think twice before you choose avis.

Hidden fees and poor communication

I have recently hired a car from Avis and had to give over my credit card details as expected however when I went onto my statement to see how much I ended up being charged it was excessive more that I expected and thought I had agreed to. I requested a receipt and clarification as to the extra charges via email on multiple occasions and have had no response. I have also called on multiple occasions and have been left on hold for over an hour on one occasion.
I would not use this service again due to the lack of respect they have for clarity and respect of their clients

jason

jasonVictoria

dont go avis

i rented a mercedes and pre paid for this and the extra insurance.
when i got home from our holiday avis took out $3700 from my account without asking.
i called the bank and gave them my pre paid invoice showing i had paid $600 for the car and its not $600 + $3700. bank is still fighting avis and i still dont have my money and its been 2 months.
the banks response so far is that this happens allot with rental car companys.

Do Not Go With Avis

Steven Anthony

Steven AnthonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avis: Dysfunctional service and predatory practices

PLJ

PLJHobart, TAS

Car type booked and paid for not available, persistent emails during rental period, and left item missing within 30 mins

Mr Pharmacist

Mr PharmacistIllawarra, NSW

RIP OFF

Always, ALWAYS video your car when dropping it off as AVIS will charge you for any non incidental "damages" otherwise AFTER the fact

this is regardless of them accepting the car in good faith and then them leaving the car unattended for 8 hours unattended in THEIR care

AND not even giving you the option of getting a comparison repair quote - if you fail to pay their demand, they send in a debt collector

Poor form AVIS, very poor form from a long term once loyal customer now looking elsewhere - wish I could give you no a ZERO star review

Poor Customer Service Post Hire

Newport Lad

Newport LadNewport

Very poor service Perth airport.

Neil E

Neil E

Were so helpful

Rented vehicle from Avis at Wellington Airport Nov 2019
Mentioned that I had to get my wifes wheelchair and bags to the car. Shelley from Avis offered to take time out to drive the vehicle to the Hotel entrance and then helped us load. Excellent service delivered with great kindness. Thank you.

Avoid it! They charge hidden cost without telling you.

Ripped Off !!!

Prebought voucher for small car at Frankfurt. Told not available. Must pay extra for bigger car! Paid. Returned with full tank. Charged extra petrol, upgrade (more than told). What a Rip OFF. Wrote emails & snail mail but Avis-Budget have not answered. Avoid this company at all costs!

November 5th 2019 Update: Finally an answer from Avis

In response to my letter (25th Oct) today (5 Nov) I've finally received an Email from the Executive Office, Avis Budget EMEA, apologising for the more than dis-satisfactory service I received at the Budget Frankfurt Airport. for which I left them a bad review. They apologised for their bad service and say they have refunded all the extra charges back onto my credit card. Many thanks.

Tracy

TracySydney, NSW

Terrible customer service, NO response at all

We have a faulty GPS with the car we rented at AVIS rental Hobart airport, we reported the issue and were told that duty manager was not around, we need to call back to sort it out. We made numerous calls afterwards and every time were promised someone will call back, yet no one does.

After two weeks waiting, we emailed AVIS customer service to report the issue. One month passed, the only response is a system generated reply saying please queue for response.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Don’t Go Near Or Even Consider Avis.italy (But Particularly Avis Rent-a-car (Fumicino Airport, Rome).

JOS

JOSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware the "Estimated cost"

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Hire Services

Very poor assistance in the US

Extremely poor service. I am still waiting for a service agent to arrive and jump start my hire car after 3 hours and 4 phone calls to roadside assistance and being told I am a liar because the original service agent couldn’t contact me (as I have an Australian mobile and am renting in the US and service agents phones don’t dial international??). After 20 years it will be hertz from now on!

We got scammed. Read reviews prior to renting.

Unfortunately we were scammed in Tallinn to pay 330eu for a scratch which was there prior to renting. Although we notified them regarding the scratch before signing and renting, we were told that small scratches are not considered as damage. On return, their representative told us that he has to include the scratch in his return form although there will be no extra cost for the scratch. Around 30min later we were charged 330eu from our credit card without our authorization.

Shana

ShanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My worst customer experience

Avoid Avis...!

Barry S.

Barry S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I've always had great service and no hassles with Avis

I rent cars throughout Australia on a regular basis and have always found Avis exceptionally easy to deal with and haven't had any issues.

My car is always ready, clean and in good mechanical order. The staff are always really friendly and helpful and the prices are really good.

The only gripe I have with them is that their call centre staff aren't overly friendly or helpful but I don't really have a need to call them often so it's not a big issue.

Matt Ward

Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80

Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong

Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Hire Services