Avis

Avis

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Avis? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.8

I wish I had seen these reviews before I used avis

Tried to talk with someone at Avis with no success. hidden charges include hundreds extra to collect from the airport and their expensive insurance had a $4700 excess!! Go elsewhere

Vehicle TypeHyundai i30
Bas
BasSouth East Queensland, QLD

HOBART AIRPORT OVERCHARGED AND NO RESOLUTION AFTER 8 WEEKS ,

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla
Julian Ludowici
Julian LudowiciSydney

Overcharged and no resolution

Quoted $864 for 4 day rental. Charged $925 on return of vehicle then charged an extra $1234 a week later. Call centre in Philippines can’t resolve. Now consumer affairs! Use another company

Money grabbing liars

Vehicle TypeToyota RAV4
Car Rental Services

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Rental Services

Pathetic customer service, I reserved car for $69 .99, however I was charged 193.60 without explanation.

Pathetic customer service
I was charged $ 193.60, But was given receipt of $130.25
I requested to speak to the manager/supervisor on Friday, however no call back up until now. Even managers don’t Value Their customers

Vehicle TypeKia Rio
MaxE
MaxE

Avis has not released a holding deposit of 900 euro.

I hired a car from Avis in France paid for it and returned it as agreed on time and full of fuel. 25 days after returning the car Avis still have a holding deposit of 900 euro on my account.
Two emails to Avis and no reply, I have asked for the reason why the funds have not been released. I have until now been a regular Avis customer, no more.

Vehicle TypeMercedes-Benz GLA-Class X156
Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

AVIS - FRAUD

Christopher R.
Christopher R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not hire a car from this company

We hired a car from Melbourne Airport and were charged 29% fee for using the airport office to pick it up. Nowhere where we told or was it made clear that this would be charged. Plus transaction fees on the credit card, what a rip off, the daily rate is about 50% of the bill. Don't be fooled they lie to your face.
They also told us the hold on the credit card would come off when the car was returned, it was not taken off till 3 weeks later.

Do not use this company.

Kay L
Kay LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

The experience with the office staff was positive.
I didn't get the car I asked for.
Negative experience was when I got in the car,stunk of cigarette smoke,wasn't very clean.
Plus couldn't find how to release the handbrake.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry
Car Rental Services

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Rental Services

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services