Avis

Avis

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Avis? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Greg Rublee
Greg RubleeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avis on Whitehorse Road - Awesome!

I promised a review and here it is. The folks at Avis on Whitehorse Road in the Blackburn area are first rate! Friendly and fair. A combination not found most places these days. Highly recommend them. Thank you!

Graham
GrahamSydney, NSW

AVIS Noosa

Found Karen at AVIS Noosa to be outstanding to deal with. Sorted cars with ease and had a great demeanor. Have always found AVIS to be reliable, but Karen had such great customer service that I wanted to comment.

beezee
beezeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great experience with Avis at Hobart airport

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Rental Services

Pushy customer service & watch out for hidden costs

I rented a car for 5 days through Avis in Malaga, Western Australia. When I picked up the car, they pushed me 3 or 4 times to pay extra to reduce the excess (an extra $500 or so) and were quite irritated when I refused. When I returned the car, it took several attempts to get a final invoice, to find they had overcharged me by $32. I've queried it, but they claim the fee was correct. I know it's a small amount, but I just want to warn others of their tactics.

michael j.
michael j.

Great resolution

As a result of Coronavirus I was required to return my hire car early. Initially I was charged excessively by Avis, this was rectified without fuss after I sent an email requesting a review. All other elements of the hire were seamless and the car was new.

Kmr
KmrSydney, NSW

scammed me on a petrol tank refill

I returned my car with a full tank and had receipts but they added a tank of fuel to my credit card without telling me. They were hoping I didnt notice. It took weeks to fix the mess. I wont use them again

Andrew
AndrewWestern Australia

Debit Cards

Lawrie
LawrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Experience Ever Avis Hobart

We picked our pre reserved vehicle at the Hobart Airport after flying from Brisbane. The customer service from the counter staff and the pick up/ drop off guys in the rental carpark was excellent. We were greeted with a smile and were given an upgrade to a 4WD at no extra charge. We hired the car for 2 weeks and travelled all over Tasmania. It was a clean vehicle with low klms and drove really well. The cost was way below the competitors and good value for the money. There were no surprises at drop off and it was a very easy process. We would definitely recommend Avis at Hobart Airport

Bunda
Bunda

Dishonest or just devious?

Total Professionalism

Great service, Great price, Great car !
Highly recommend Tony from Blackburn Avis ! Tony’s level of professionalism was second to none. Fair, honest and went the extra mile. Toyota Kluger very nice car.

Newport Lad
Newport LadNewport

Very poor service Perth airport.

Neil E
Neil E

Were so helpful

Rented vehicle from Avis at Wellington Airport Nov 2019
Mentioned that I had to get my wifes wheelchair and bags to the car. Shelley from Avis offered to take time out to drive the vehicle to the Hotel entrance and then helped us load. Excellent service delivered with great kindness. Thank you.

JOS
JOSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware the "Estimated cost"

Barry S.
Barry S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I've always had great service and no hassles with Avis

I rent cars throughout Australia on a regular basis and have always found Avis exceptionally easy to deal with and haven't had any issues.

My car is always ready, clean and in good mechanical order. The staff are always really friendly and helpful and the prices are really good.

The only gripe I have with them is that their call centre staff aren't overly friendly or helpful but I don't really have a need to call them often so it's not a big issue.

The Investor
The InvestorPerth

Avis Hobart Airport - Great Service

I booked by phone. Spoke to an Australian. Great service. We flew into Hobart on Wednesday 10.07.2019. I didn’t note the name of the lady attending the Avis counter, but her service was excellent. She processed all of the customers quickly & because the type of vehicle we booked wasn’t available, she upgraded us to a much better car at no extra cost. Was great start to our Tassie holiday. Thanks Avis

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services