Avis

Avis (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Avis? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Anna R
Anna RSydney

Great service but refunds are terrible

Good service but refunds and passing the blame onto the banks when spoke to bank about getting the proof in writing that’s Avis is complete I was informed we don’t do those letters you will need to wait not happy I’ve had car hires previous thru thrifty never an issue and refund done with in 3 days.

ausgiraffe
ausgiraffeSouth West, QLD

Manager very rude and confronting

We hired a car and the next morning it wouldn't start. We tried everything but to no avail, so we called Avis. The manager immediately blamed us, saying we would have to pay to have the car towed back, and accusing us of somehow creating the problem before she even knew what had happened. The mechanic came out and of course couldn't blame us for a car with dodgy electronics. What upset us was the way we were spoken to. It was appalling.

Lies and deceit

Sav
SavPerth

Poor Customer Service

Moss
Moss

The trick to make you pay more!

Gerhard
GerhardAdelaide

Fuel over charge.

The booking and quality of the car was not the issue. On return of the vehicle I was notified of the rediculious price for refueling the car. I turned back and refueled the car at the nearest servo for $27. Three months later I started receiving phone calls and letters for a outstanding refuel amount of $ 119 including a relocation fee and other additional charges. I submitted my bank statement as proof of payment and still received a letter for hand over and "do not rent" list.

Deplorable charging $400 additional fee upfront because I used Debit Card to pay AVIS Perth Airport

Customer service woman full of apologies but no power to change it- only 1 service counter open right down other end of terminal, travel with 6 m.o. baby - very inconvenient after 4.5 hour flight.

It was good until...........

Lellow
Lellow
Getskills
GetskillsIllawarra, NSW

Where's my Deposit?

Danny HAmaroo 2914, ACT

Please read this before renting anything

AJB
AJBSydney

Terrible - always have such a long wait

The booking process is always fine but getting the car at Sydney airport is always so painful. Always long queues, no self service, slow staff, it takes ages in the queue and then even longer to get the car.

CoR
CoRMelbourne

Beware AVIS: Tasmania

Recently had the misfortune to find AVIS rental car had experienced car door damage from another car in a car park. The damage consisted of a 1-2 cm dent (no paint damage occurred). I had deducted from my credit card $906.40 for the repair. Exorbitant!! AVIS response to my query about the cost and request for an additional repair quote was ignored. Beware AVIS car rental in Tasmania.

Bianca
BiancaPerth WA

Poor staff attitude

nice car,decent cost, crap customer service and slow

Still havent got money back,nice car, they also took extra money out account for no reason and took for ages to get $887 back to me always got transferred very rude. Never ever again!

Verity
Verity

Watch out for sneaky extra fees

george kSydney, NSW

Head injury and they didn't care....

Hired a Camry from Avis Launceston Airport. The first day we parked on a hill and one of my passengers opened the boot, only to have the latch crash down on her forehead, causing a bruise and soreness. The boot lid struts were worn out. When we returned the car we pointed this out and the rep said "thanks, I'll note it down". No questions about whether our passenger was ok, not to mention any apology.

george k

Reported Energy Australia and, to their credit, got a really quick response. Nothing at all back from Avis, take your money and run, no responsibility accepted.

Avis Melbourne Airport. Never Again

I waited over an hour to receive a car that I booked over a month ago.I was expecting to find the car I booked but I received another one !!

Do the staff know the products they sell.

JB
JB

Preferred customer Penalty

Be careful when booking with Avis over the internet with your Preferred customer number. Chances are you will get a higher rate than the day rate without being Preferred. Avis does this world wide . On a long trip the difference can run in ten thousands of $$$. Try it out you!

Fred
Fred

Avis Staff can't use a computer

Gone downhill...

Sarahwashingmachine
Sarahwashingmachine

Watch out for the prices

Derfsenrab
DerfsenrabCANBERRA

Unprofessional, disinterested response after accident

whiteyn
whiteynvic, 3331

Bad

Bad

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services