Avis

Avis (page 3 of 3)

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Avis? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

RemoveMe
RemoveMeSydney, NSW, 2000

Bad

I am a preferred member and they still continually get my order wrong, countless times i have received a manual when i can only drive an automatic, I also had the opportunity to deal with their insurance claims area which ended up costing me over $3000
They have wide range/choice of cars, always clean
staff attitude is poor and they are often forgetful

Dijoca
DijocaVictoria

Bad

Overall they have excellent cars and service (never more then a couple years old) but you have to pay too much for it. I’m happy driving a slightly older car for cheaper rate. The GPS is handy but again it costs. It is just a simple to use a map. If you can find discount coupons for them it brings their prices down nicely. The excess is fair not ridiculous like some others I cold mention. Windscreen damage is still and expensive extra but defiantly worth it when driving cross-country.
new cars, always very clean, gps available
average rates need to use coupons

Car Rental Services

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Rental Services

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services