Avis

AVIS North Parramatta and AVIS Budget Lost Property

Vehicle TypeKia Cerato
Sim
SimSydney, NSW

Rented plenty of times, never had a problem

AKB
AKBQLD, 4500

Ideal car and excellent service

Ideal car and excellent service at pick-up and drop-off at Adelaide airport. Only issue is the time it's taking to process the payment. The $200 security deposit is still being withheld by the bank because of slow processing which I was informed would take two weeks. Why???

Tammy Bullen
Tammy BullenLogan Village

Always have what we need

Recently helped me, would recommend the slacks creek team. Very fast to act when we had little time to sort

Nevzat
Nevzat

Smooth trip

We hired an car via Vroom website to drive from Sydney to Newcastle. Got the car key & contract at their office at arrival terminal. Had upgrade to a bigger, clean, and new car. The process was so simple. Would used this service again.

Andrew
AndrewMelbourne

Wasn't optimistic but was fine

illi4
illi4Sydney, NSW

Everything went smooth

I'd like to write a positive review because I was really cautious after reading all the feedback here. In fact, all the car rentals are rated poorly here - probably because people are not usually motivated to leave positive feedback.

I got an economy Toyota for a day - the process went smooth, the car was fine. The return was quick and smooth too, and the deposit was returned in less than 5 working days.

Good experience

Booked a car (Sydney Airport) then found this site and was a little worried.
On arrival my car wasn't available so they upgraded me to a Camry. It had a few scuff marks on the outside but inside was clean and presentable.

My only neg would be the lack of information in regards to use and charges of toll roads on pick up.

Overall... a pleasant transaction.

Fast and good service with clear explanations given by the staff

Rented my car at Launceston - Downtown because it is now the school term break and all rental cars in Launceston Airport was fully booked. Was lucky enough to get a last min deal on AirportRentals.com and got a nice car. Clean and decent. Didn't had any issues with Avis. Car insurance was pretty comprehensive too where they cover from the first dollar once you choose to upgrade your insurance plan. Would definitely come back to Avis the next time I am in Australia.

Kimi
KimiMelbourne

Unexpected pleasant experience

Anonymousforjustice
AnonymousforjusticeBrisbane

My Experience Was Very Good.

I got a good price and good insurance rate which is a must to do if not too expensive. They were fast and I got my car ASAP. Here is the good thing, I left my phone in the Camry and had to run back before my flight and as I ran into the office and told them in a hurry the man Asian appearance, possibly their cleaner, handed it in whilst they were helping me, I got my plane and just want to say thanks. I have no complaints with Sydney Airport Office.

Tired and Emotional
Tired and EmotionalSydney, NSW

Avis Dublin was excellent! Avis Cyprus so-so.

We pre-booked a car on avis.com for Dublin and Larnaca. This site was great as I didn't need to pay anything or give a card. For both I paid in cash at the end of the rental. The car I got in Dublin was a 2015 model, very little marks etc, excellent. The staff at Kilmainham and the airport were quick and helpful.
The car we got in Cyprus was the opposite! It was marked ,damaged, missing bits from top to bottom. Also it was filthy. I worried it would breakdown every day. The staff at Larnaca were friendly but hot and very busy.We struggled to get the seatbelts from under the seats where they were jammed in. Please avis Cyprus update your cars and wash them between hires.

brettcombe
brettcombeAdelaide

Have never had any problems

I have rented with Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Thrifty many times over the years. Unlike the others I have never had a problem with Avis. There have always been staff on hand for both pickup and drop off and the vehicles are kept in excellent condition. By far and away the best of the four major car hire companies.

David4747
David4747MELBOURNE

RTA Toll Charge on Avis Rental

Rented a car from Avis for two days and a week later found a RTA toll charge on my credit card for a different part of the city. Examination of the RTA online toll document showed a different car registration. Avis responded to my query and are refunding the toll amount. I suggest renters check their credit card statements after any car rental where the firm has a deal with RTA and if it doesnt make sense go to the RTA website with your rental agreement (RA) number. Check the license plate details. I am happy with the response from Avis and the queries staff were polite and listened.
Complaint response was timely and satisfactory
Wonder if this kind of error is common

better than expected

got a double upgrade and two days free for a 14day hire from brisbane international,only downside was nobody on the desk at 10.30p.m on sunday.3 clients waiting.after two phone calls she turned up.no probs with the car it was excellent.we are going again for 3 weeks in october but the quote from avis was way too high and we have booked with another co for half their quote!
easy to pick up and return vehicle,car in excellent condition.
hanging around waiting for clerk to turn up.

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services