Aware Super

Aware Super (page 2 of 7)

Listing monitored by Aware Super

• Rates and Fees
Non memberHunter Region, NSW

I am about to transfer all my funds to my husbands Super fund as I can not contact the Newcastle Office.

Steve
SteveIllawarra, NSW

Oops something didn't work. Please try again??

Oops something didn't work. Please try again. This is a joke of an app. I like to keep track of my super and cannot with Aware. About time to change super funds for the whole family.

Janette BrazelSydney, NSW

Nothing works

Can't get into website despite updating login details. Mobile app won't open despite re-installing. How dies Aware expect customer interaction if can't access our information. Nothing 'aware' about this brand.

Chris
Chris

Uncaring

I have been a member of this Super Fund for many years. Recently separated, under Court Orders (wording which was approved by Aware) husband needed to split some funds from his account with Aware (formally StatsPlus) to my account with Aware. After many phone calls and a letter no progress has been made. Their solution - open up a super account with Aware (formally Stateplus) have the funds put into this account, then rollover to my account and then close the newly opened account or operate two accounts. Certainly do not support their clients.

Tony
Tony

Unreliable.

Web site unreliable and login often unavailable.
Painfull process to merge Income streamimg account with regular account. You'd think I was taking THEIR money.
Consultants not helpful. Long wating time on the phone.
Currently looking to get out and join a fund that looks after its customers especially. Two stars is a regular score and Aware doesn't rate on any comparisons unless it is their own add.
Not a patch on FSS.

Aware SuperAware Super

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Jan
JanKimberley, WA

Not my Super - Review for death claim

Aware Super has recently taken over WA Super, and I can't believe the lack of communication and the 'hold ups' with our payout. There are unnecessary delays, with no clear reason provided. I was hung up on when they didn't like my questions. I will warn everyone I know away from this Super fund.

marilena
marilenaAU

Aware super

Since going from state plus to aware super it’s a continuous traumatic experience trying to log into my account there are days when I have no issues then all of a sudden it’s impossible to log in telling me my days it’s don’t match

Insurance Options
George M.Perth, WA

Stay Away

Only with Aware because of a merger with my old superfund. Stay away from Aware Super if i could give minus i would. it is a real mission to do a withdrawl and is a process and a half. I was also promised an email to arrive within 1 hr sill waiting a day after. My wife is with another super provider and her withdrawl was done online within 5 minutes everything identified online deposit to be made within 5 business days. Was advised by the lady that Aware will be on this new system in the next 18 months. These guys are stuck in the stone age!!!!

Like licking batteries

I have been in this fund for 13 years. I recently have been trying to roll over my balance into a self managed account. I have been delayed and ignored for about 6 weeks so far. Emails and phone calls not returned. In contrast, my wife went through this process with her fund and it was resolved almost immediately. Would recommend that anyone in Aware Super gets out ASAP. The only way I can explain their inefficient manner is that it is a delaying tactic.

Ehren.L
Ehren.L

Warren
Warren

Poor customer service .. can’t get my money

I submitted a form to withdraw some funds from my super account but the request was denied because I hadn’t used the form that has the new name on it despite the fact that the old and new forms are identical in terms of customer data that they collect. Rang the service desk and was told “someone” would ring me back and then was put on hold till I eventually hang up. Am looking at moving to a more customer focused fund.

helicopter
helicopter

Be “Aware”

When I joined 11 yrs ago it was called health super. Then it became first state super & now it’s aware super. That is 3 name changes in 11yrs. I think the latest name change suits this fund best.
Be “aware” everyone.
I would imagine they have spent enormous amounts of members money on these name changes.
They cannot escape the reviews by changing names. There are numerous reasons I left the fund. Some of those reasons are already covered in other peoples reviews, so I won’t rehash them.
The last straw was their delaying tactics when I attempted to roll out of the fund. I have totally lost trust in them.
I do not recommend this fund.

Slow to process

I have noticed my balanced self funded fund is slow to adjust balance when Stocks go up but quick when they go down !. Feel I'm being robbed of what little interest I could have made.

Graeme
Graeme
narrabeenSydney, NSW

Very limited social responsibility

This is my super company that I pay to lose money in the stock market. But it also continuing to invest in coal to produce electricity!! and other fossil fuels. To add further insults it is proposing to increase the bonus for CBA management despite the share price tanking, fines being paid to the regulator and lying and cheating customers as shown in the Royal Commission.
AwareSuper considers that by following Government orders to follow the law the Chief Executive of CBA is worth an increase in salary of $1million and bonus of $8.4.
Meanwhile my super has reduced.

kratov
kratovSydney, NSW

misleading and unhelpful.

I opened an account with first state super and they sent me an email saying I have 14 days to cancel it if I change my mind. I changed my mind and I called them today: 25/08/2020 and told them I want to cancel the account. the lady put me through to someone else who knew nothing. I told her again I want to cancel the account and it is my right. she said she was going to send me a form via post and I said no, I want it via email and since I do not have a printer I want to be able to sign it digitally. she refused and I hanged up. they have rules and do not follow them. disgusting.

willnash279Sydney, NSW

Name change is lipstick on a pig

I left years ago after crap returns, now they are investing $$$ in a name change?? How about portfolio management with a focus on returns. Leave now to a cheaper fund!

willnash279

Your fees are not competitive and this is a key factor in eroding any mediocre returns you may have achieved. Shop around folks and look at the fine print especially the fees.

JandI
JandI

Deceptive and Manipulation help them take your fees without the commensurate service and value.

Shane Austin
Shane AustinCentral Queensland, QLD

Very rude, very difficult to deal with, end wrong information, AVOID!!!!

Trying to roll over into a SMSF was a nightmare, constantly stalling and could not provide any decent service, I am so glad I have left this fund, avoid at all cost

Run from State Plus

I am a licensed financial adviser who has a client we cannot move from this fund (Flexible Income Plan) due to adverse Centrelink implications or we would leave tomorrow. Over the past 15 years of dealing with them on behalf of several clients, the service has gone from bad to worse, not to mention the fund performance. We requested removal from the account of State Plus advisers back in 2015 due to fees for no service and requested but did not receive, a refund. Only after the Royal Commission was an amount recently paid. We have had to put up with very poor service and deliberate blocking whenever we ask for information on valid authorities. It is a conflicted fund providing conflicted advice and you can do much better elsewhere.

Disappointed customer
Disappointed customer

Such poor customer service

My husband is recently self employed & phoned First state super to clarify how much he could put in before the end of the financial year to achieve the 25.000 cap.Even with 2 phone calls , customer service was very poor . They could not give simple information but kept insisting that we should check our balance on the online service. Will definitely be moving our super to a company who employ well trained staff who are more helpful.

Tiger
Tiger

Satisfied customer!

I had been with First State Super for about 7 years when, due to a permanent injury I had to stop working, so I applied for TPD. I provided all the documentation they asked for and met their criteria. I kept copies of everything. They were good to deal with and from start to finish my successful claim was concluded in 5 months.

Fair GoSydney, NSW

Do not Trust this Super Fund

Madharry
MadharryCity

First State Super the big improver.

I think First State Super have really lifted their game over the last few years.
It's all relative as they may not be perfect but compared to some of the other Industry funds,e.g. Hostplus , they are brilliant in comparison.
They also have a great app,easy to deal with,low fees and are helpful.

BelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ErnieHunter Region, NSW

I'm outa here ASAP

sharon b.
sharon b.asked

Aware super I would like to know how your advertisement on TV represent super every time I see it I think of private health insurance not meaning to offend just my observation

Fee
Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Bill Ho
Bill Ho

Their conservative growth option has performed horrible when benchmarked against other funds. Aust Super Conservative balanced has delivered approx 8% more in returns over the past three years. IOOF has the multiseries 50 which is similar risk, this has delivered approx 9% more pa over the past three years. Aware has a very ordinary track record with investment performance. Vic Super had a much better strike rate but i understand they are not calling the shots under the new merger.

Ananth Nagesh.
Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.