Aware Super

Aware Super (page 4 of 8)

• Rates and Fees

Received a letter saying my account had been CLOSED.

Letter received saying my account has been closed and they would like me back. I have not closed and had consolidated 2 other fund accounts with them at the beginning of the year.
I feel physically ill.
Stolen IP Fees of ~ $3,000, offered $300 in return....still waiting....

Nona   I go now

Nona I go nowAU

Become more complex to monitor

Been in Allocated Pension (Balanced) for many years, paying for financial advice that I didn't really need. Now moved to the Fixed Income Plan product which includes billable financial advice (ie: if no advice, no fee). Returns are lower than Australian Super (7% / 12%), but exposure to risk would be lower. Admin performance lets them down.

Keller

KellerSydney

Non-disclosure.

Very disappointed with high fees and lousy returns. Much information in my view withheld particularly in relation to what was laid bare by Royal Commission.

PipCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Not great

Lady

LadyWestern Sydney

Superannuation is Confusing

Meg

Meg

Where are our ANNUAL statements from last financial year???

Still in my email inbox sits the email of 10 September 2018 stating that I should disregard all previous mentions of my 2017-18 annual statement and that it would be ready shortly. Nothing has happened. Every two weeks I ring the 1800 number to a call centre which seems to be fielding queries from all sorts of funds, each time to be told it will be ready shortly. Anyone joining this fund nowadays must be nuts!!! Warn your heirs and successors, fellow retirees. It was good as State Super Financial Services, seems shonkier by the week ever since as we are merged and acquired and are told the new logo/service/location/login/website are all "exciting".

Ren

RenPort Macquarie

Robbers and misery creaters

Aware SuperAware Super

I have been with FSS for over 10 years and found them good, but loging into my account is impossible. When you log in on your site a message comes up saying Um.. This isn't super. Please help.

Naida
Naida

how do I private message?

Worst customer service ever, its terrible and nasty real talk

If you like to waste your money and your time this is the answer ( First state super).I have been with them for 3 years now, horrible experience with their service team, sneaky and nasty and refused to pay my money back. Best thing they do is ignoring you enquiries and they are masters in deception. I will get heart attack soon because of them.

Ahmad Obeidat

Same Experience - impossible to close account

Rob

RobCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Excellent Customer Service

Can't understand all the negative feedback around customer service. I have always found FSS representatives to be courteous and prompt. No complaints over the past 10 years what so ever.

Kie, Sydney

No Customer Service, Deregistered my account and charging for services im not eligible for.

Marie Hart

Marie HartSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

First state super have no customer service, they never answer emails in a timely fashion

SSFS to Stateplus

Rocky

RockyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Impossible to roll over out of First State Super, not accepting email and requesting post the docume

Che

Che

Lack of Customer Service Very frustrating company!

They had my other beneficiary name incorrectly spelt on my profile. When I inquired about it the lady whom I spoke with she insisted that's how i wrote it on my form. I told her I have checked that and that beneficiary is my daughter how in the world I will spell her name incorrectly because I named her. So she asked me to mail another form which i did immediately and mailed to them it has been 4 mos now since I mailed my form to them but they haven't updated it!!!! What a shame!!! its only a name change which can be done as easy as 123 but they are so incompetent about it so how we gonna trust them of our hard earned super if that single thing they cannot do it properly!

Paul38Illawarra, NSW

State Plus, a private fund

Transfer/roll over out of First State

Difficult to transfer funds out of first state super.
Been an ongoing issue for the last 6 months as there is always some glitch..
Has costed me so far around about $4000 from fees that first state is charging from still having an account with them.
Don't bother sending a response to this first state super offering to help.... This review is in response to your lack of assistance via the various phone and email correspondences ..

DHD

DHDCANBERRA

Back office fails

We have had a string of problems all related to the back office. Alas it seems that the Canberra Office has little connection with its customers. This is most recently highlighted by the move to the Nishi Building. Who in their right mind would move a business that is suposed to be focuessed around client needs to a location where the parking is limited? The web site suggests 1.3km from bus interchange. Have the forgotten the large number of retired clients? Time to move on.

TomB

TomBHawthorn East

Very difficult to leave

I am in the process of combining all of my super accounts into a single account. I have had 4 different super providers from different jobs over my working life. All of the other providers it was incredibly easy to transfer into my new account, no fees and done instantly.
First State charge $36 and also force you to provide 100 points of certified identification - Eg copy of passport etc signed by a JP.
I think its terrible service. I didn't need to provide this certified identification to open the account and they are also going to charge me to transfer my own money, despite all of the fees they have already taken. Other Super Annuation companies make it so easy to transfer, I feel like First State intentionally make it hard.

Fee

Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Ananth Nagesh.

Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.
Beau

Kate B.

Kate B.asked

What is the interest paid frequency - annually, monthly, quartetly?

Warren
Warren

Your super account consists of a number of units that are invested as you choose. The value of the units will go up and down depending on the strategy you choose. Eg shares, property, cash. Interest is not paid like a bank account. The value of your units will change daily. :)

Get an answer from our members and Aware Super representatives