Aware Super

Aware Super (page 4 of 7)

Listing monitored by Aware Super

• Rates and Fees
Max
Max

Shop Elseware No Customer Service

I have found First State Super to be stuck in the past, beurecratic no customer service. They are not competitive and have a very antiquated way of doing business. They recently took a premium of over $400 out of my account with out my permission despite not having any insurance. I have contacted them on a number of times and could not even talk to a manager. I would definately look elsewhere when considering First State Super. They are fine if you dont have to contact them when they make a mistake they are very slow to fi
x it. I am still awaiting my refund.

Aware SuperAware Super

A good and timely response to my questions

I had a query about the contribution tax in my transaction history. The FFS staff were quick to respond and gave me information that was accurate. I am also satisfied with the way my superfund is performing, knowing the volatility in today’s markets. My super has rebounded quite well since late last year.

Keep up the good work FSS

Neil
Neil

Failure to repay fees for no service

Terrible

Took a year to receive payment of a death benefit.... sent details 6 times and they claimed to have not received them.

Completely unfair as we had funeral expenses to pay and are now completely out of pocket due to incompetent administration and inefficient handling of a claim.

Still waiting on payment despite it all being approved etc.

Chris Weston
Chris WestonSydney, NSW

Rip Off Blood Suckers

I did casual work and had not choice but to put my super into a First State Super account. The super amount was $43.57. Although it is not a lot of super, it was taken by First State Super due to their stealthy opt out insurance policy. Because I did not know I had to opt out of their imposed insurance. I lost all my super.

$43.57 into super fund 31/07/2017
$0.29 interest earned
$6.54 - tax
$5.63 (Direct fee (net of tax) Not sure what this fee is for.
$31.69 Insurance premium I never asked for. My life and permanent disability insurance is with my main super fund. Who in their right mind puts a $31.69 insurance fee on $43???

Balance at 29/1/2018 $0.00

Aware SuperAware Super

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Dave
DaveMudgee

Limited Investment options

Strike1
Strike1Syndey

Low caliber investment managers!

I joined FSS's based on historical returns and the low fee. I was not looking for 10-11% "high growth" returns but a stable and secure investment and therefore opted for "balanced growth". Over the last one and a half year my net returns [(current balance)/(employer contribution - contribution tax)] were 2.7%. I could have got 2.8% with ING's Saving Maximiser account. I am disappointed and moving to another super fund.

Poor performance 2018

Disappointing results on the growth fund June - Dec 2018 resulting in about 4% loss + inflation rate of near 2%... surely no CEO xmas bonuses went out this year. I've been with FSS, my employer default fund for 12 years and salary sacrificing for the past 5 years. With these results I think I should consider other options.

NeilMGosford

Account losing money rapidly

Linda
Linda

Lack on contact, bad returns, fees for no service

My husband and I have been with StatePlus since 2014. Our financial adviser left and we were not told by Canberra Office. This office used to be responsive but since the move to Nishi it is very difficult to get anything out of them, let alone a return phone call. Both my husband and I have left messages for contact with no results. We are both considering moving our money out of this fund to a more customer-focussed fund that has better returns and lower fees.

Jess
JessBurnie

Disgusting treatment of widow

Poor performance

Am a new member and find the returns to be very poor and my fund is decreasing despite being assured that as a retiree drawing a monthly pension, my funds are in safe portfolios. I get the impression that the fund managers are not managing the funds well and hence their investments are risky. I am disappointed having them manage my super.

Received a letter saying my account had been CLOSED.

Letter received saying my account has been closed and they would like me back. I have not closed and had consolidated 2 other fund accounts with them at the beginning of the year.
I feel physically ill.
Stolen IP Fees of ~ $3,000, offered $300 in return....still waiting....

Nona   I go now
Nona I go nowAU

Become more complex to monitor

Been in Allocated Pension (Balanced) for many years, paying for financial advice that I didn't really need. Now moved to the Fixed Income Plan product which includes billable financial advice (ie: if no advice, no fee). Returns are lower than Australian Super (7% / 12%), but exposure to risk would be lower. Admin performance lets them down.

Keller
KellerSydney

Non-disclosure.

Very disappointed with high fees and lousy returns. Much information in my view withheld particularly in relation to what was laid bare by Royal Commission.

PipCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Not great

Lady
LadyWestern Sydney

Superannuation is Confusing

Meg
Meg

Where are our ANNUAL statements from last financial year???

Still in my email inbox sits the email of 10 September 2018 stating that I should disregard all previous mentions of my 2017-18 annual statement and that it would be ready shortly. Nothing has happened. Every two weeks I ring the 1800 number to a call centre which seems to be fielding queries from all sorts of funds, each time to be told it will be ready shortly. Anyone joining this fund nowadays must be nuts!!! Warn your heirs and successors, fellow retirees. It was good as State Super Financial Services, seems shonkier by the week ever since as we are merged and acquired and are told the new logo/service/location/login/website are all "exciting".

Ren
RenPort Macquarie

Robbers and misery creaters

Aware SuperAware Super

I have been with FSS for over 10 years and found them good, but loging into my account is impossible. When you log in on your site a message comes up saying Um.. This isn't super. Please help.

Naida
Naida

how do I private message?

Worst customer service ever, its terrible and nasty real talk

If you like to waste your money and your time this is the answer ( First state super).I have been with them for 3 years now, horrible experience with their service team, sneaky and nasty and refused to pay my money back. Best thing they do is ignoring you enquiries and they are masters in deception. I will get heart attack soon because of them.

Ahmad Obeidat

Same Experience - impossible to close account

Rob
RobCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Excellent Customer Service

Can't understand all the negative feedback around customer service. I have always found FSS representatives to be courteous and prompt. No complaints over the past 10 years what so ever.

Kie, Sydney

No Customer Service, Deregistered my account and charging for services im not eligible for.

Marie Hart
Marie HartSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

First state super have no customer service, they never answer emails in a timely fashion

sharon b.
sharon b.asked

Aware super I would like to know how your advertisement on TV represent super every time I see it I think of private health insurance not meaning to offend just my observation

Fee
Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Bill Ho
Bill Ho

Their conservative growth option has performed horrible when benchmarked against other funds. Aust Super Conservative balanced has delivered approx 8% more in returns over the past three years. IOOF has the multiseries 50 which is similar risk, this has delivered approx 9% more pa over the past three years. Aware has a very ordinary track record with investment performance. Vic Super had a much better strike rate but i understand they are not calling the shots under the new merger.

Ananth Nagesh.
Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.