Aware Super

Aware Super (page 7 of 8)

See the Best Public Sector Superannuation Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Aware Super

• Rates and Fees
Marc
Marc

Atrocios

Took 4 month to do what they are required by law to do in one week. No access to complaints, can't go past the so called supervisor, can't talk to administration and only threats to go to the ACCC and talk back radio gets them going.

Kampua
Kampua

Terrible service, disinterested staffs

I sent them a request to split my salary sacrifice with my wife in August. This was not done until October, I called and was told they received my request but has not processed it, they assured me this would be done immediately. And now in November it was still not done. I sent a complaint in their web site and never heard from them. I filled in a complaint form and sent to them and is still waiting for a response.

Aware SuperAware Super

Disinterested staff. No attempt at etiquette. No attempt to resolve issues. Everything is an effort.

Cannot obtain paper copies of recent statements. Staff are always rude and wanting to pass the buck rather than resolve issues. Incompetent. Very unimpressive. Stay clear of this superannuation fund. There are always excuses for them not to respond to emails. Very few First State Superannuation seminars held in Victoria. They do not simply care.

Aware SuperAware Super

We're sorry to hear you’re having trouble accessing paper copies of your recent statements. We've sent you a DM asking for your contact details so we can look into this for you. Thanks, Kat

FSSdisappoints
FSSdisappoints

Terrible service

I have just walked away from an appointment with a FSS "advisor",at penrith.
He had no interpersonal skills, spoke to me like I was wasting his time, and was belittling in his responses. No information was forthcoming unless I paid $2500, for a plan. I don't object to a fee for services, if I have an idea of what the plan/ options might encompass.
This information was not forthcoming.
Would you pay someone this money when you don't know what you will get for it?? He was brisk , rude and quite obnoxious, and I would never trust him to manage my life savings.

Still waiting
Still waiting

Hello, Hello Hello Hello ... Are you sure you are still there???

Rastus

New so called systems upgrade

Pip
PipSydney

Responsive and excellent

I have found FSS to be be very member focussed and cheaper than alternatives. Specific issues have included the new pension and contribution rules where they provided very useful advice. Ive found their new website and investment updates great

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Nonsensical transfer rules

Tried to merge defined benefit fund with associated accumulation fund. Both funds have the same name, same TFN, same address, same DOB, in fact they send both statements in one envelope. Transfer was denied because the prove of identity document had a preceding preferred name, the rest of name is similar. Lost valuable time and money as was OS for lengthy holiday, transfer was timed to market condition. Cannot understand this pedantic and illogical non action. Can some body explain? Now considering rolling over to another fund given the mediocre performance over time.

tobie
tobieSydney, NSW

Financial advice generic and useless

Information given for my financial needs was generic and useless. For more detailed advice I had to shell out $2,500. Why throw good money after bad? I think I will be setting up my own fund.

Find out how Aware Super compares to other Public Sector Superannuation Funds

Financial Service not worth the fees or angst

When it came time to move on to a transition to retirement I had a wonderful young man help. He has since resigned unhappy with the companies policies. I have had little to no help from a person assigned to me that I cant understand. I tried to get someone else to help but was pushed back to this assigned person. I have only received promotional emails and when I should have been given advice I was missed at a loss of over $3000 dollars paid in tax that should not have happened. Incompetent I would say yes, inept service I would say yes, terrible Website support once again yes. If I could work out how much I would lose by leaving them I would but also not easy. Maybe I should have made this no star rating.

ellen bussnsw, 2760

Total Permanent Disability

OleBob
OleBobSydney

What the hell is going on here?

Peter L
Peter LBendigo

Absolute disgrace

Made it almost impossible to retrieve my deceased mother's funds. Almost 8 months after her death they commanded we provide photo ID for her, which we did not have. Each time we satisfied their requirements they would come back with more. Genuine thieves. Disgusting and inconsiderate.

webwrx
webwrxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Removed performance graphs from website

They have a terrible new website and they have removed the unit price history performance graphs. These were very handy tools I frequently used to make decisions about which super mix to use. I've asked them twice why they are making it so difficult to access this basic info... no response. Now looking at other options.

Worst Super fund I have ever dealt with!

Maiden name on file, even with a certified copy of my drivers licence they won't talk to me.
What a rude incompetent bunch!
They don't deserve the 1 star I had to give them to complete this review.

Ripped Off
Ripped OffCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Leave your money where it is

What a strange incompetent bunch!

I fill out all the paper work again and again. I get everything certified that they ask for and yet I still can't roll over all my money in to first super. Somehow everything gets lost and if it’s been four weeks they close the application and I’m back to square one. I shouldn’t be annoyed because I can just go on to the website and do it all online. Its only my hard earned that they are wasting. So now at work, I advise all other employee’s to steer clear of first super and if I see a first super poster at work I quickly take it down.

This company is out to take your money, all of it.

Mich
Mich

Ignore enquires

I am so frustrated with that fund as it is anything but professional. There is no response to several enquires I had in the past. The login also fails every time I try to logon. I just want to rollover into a different super fund and leave that constant hassle with first state super behind me.

Susan. Melbourne
Susan. MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This Company Should Be Investgated

I totally agree with the other bad reviews. It took me 6 months to the day to transfer my Super monies which was quite a substantial amount. My financial adviser sent all the appropriate information and after 14 phone calls and delay tactics I lost $3000. Never ever ever put your Super in this fund. It has been a very stressful 6 months. I will also continue to tell people of their incompetence.

Oby Mah
Oby MahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

THESE GUYS ARE A CRIMINAL ORGANISATION, THEY LIE, CHEAT AND DO WHATEVER THEY CAN TO EAT YOUR CASH

I started a process with these people in April 2014 and it is now May 2015 and still not complete. They first claimed they didn't receive paper work. When I gave them the registered post tracking number they stated oh yea we did get it but it's incomplete. I am the person that needs to continuously ask for updates etc....
In the end they lie and cheat to try to squeeze every single dollar from you.

My father lost over $40000 with the delays caused by these animals and my wife and I just under 10k.
If you want to throw your money in the toilet and be spat on in the process have your super or investment with these people.

Until the day I die I will tell people about this company who give not the slightest about you or your money!!!!!

Mary
MarySydney

Worst Experience

Having retired and seeking assistance to transfer to an income stream has been the most exhausting experience with this fund, customer service is disinterested, further queries were met with ambivilance were am left with the feeling that no one cares or wants to help.

Started the process in November 2014 and still not resolved to my satisfaction. Unable to obtain elecronic access to information - IT problems, transparency problems

My summary is this fund is terrible

First State Super

Terrible experience with this fund.

First, I had two accounts inadvertently set up with this fund (same name, address, employer etc) and they charged me fees for both for two years before and refused to refund these once they consolidated the accounts

Second, when I tried to close any funds I had with them they continued them for approximately two months longer than necessary, again charging me fees for this.

I placed a formal complaint which was not responded to for two months and the response which basically said nothing can be done.

Amethyst1912
Amethyst1912Mid North Coast, NSW

A good company

We've been with this company for many years and have found staff from the Ballina office to be courteous, efficient and on the front foot. We like those we have had contact with and live problem free now we're in retirement. We're not out to make big $$$'s we want just to be secure and comfortable in our autumn years. We feel secure with FSS.
Reliable, not 'in your face'.
The whole industry is a mystery

MikeDC5