• Rates and Fees
Sam in

Sam inPerth, WA

Terrible forms and procedures

First time trying to understand this super fund after my super was rolled over to Aware Super given WA Super was merged with them. So far, just looking at their website, I am regretting why I did not change my super fund earlier. They need forms to be filled in for simple changes and sent to them by MAIL! Come on, we are not in the stone stage! Changes should be made possible online! I have just been with them for 3 months and I am already totally scared of staying with this super fund. Does not look reliable! Plus I had a basic insurance cover with my previous fund and on merging, Aware Super has put me on emergency/manual cover for high-risk jobs while I am an office-based staff!!!

Tony

Tony

Unreliable.

Web site unreliable and login often unavailable.
Painfull process to merge Income streamimg account with regular account. You'd think I was taking THEIR money.
Consultants not helpful. Long wating time on the phone.
Currently looking to get out and join a fund that looks after its customers especially. Two stars is a regular score and Aware doesn't rate on any comparisons unless it is their own add.
Not a patch on FSS.

Jan

JanKimberley, WA

Not my Super - Review for death claim

Aware Super has recently taken over WA Super, and I can't believe the lack of communication and the 'hold ups' with our payout. There are unnecessary delays, with no clear reason provided. I was hung up on when they didn't like my questions. I will warn everyone I know away from this Super fund.

marilena

marilenaAU

Aware super

Since going from state plus to aware super it’s a continuous traumatic experience trying to log into my account there are days when I have no issues then all of a sudden it’s impossible to log in telling me my days it’s don’t match

Insurance Options

George M.Perth, WA

Stay Away

Only with Aware because of a merger with my old superfund. Stay away from Aware Super if i could give minus i would. it is a real mission to do a withdrawl and is a process and a half. I was also promised an email to arrive within 1 hr sill waiting a day after. My wife is with another super provider and her withdrawl was done online within 5 minutes everything identified online deposit to be made within 5 business days. Was advised by the lady that Aware will be on this new system in the next 18 months. These guys are stuck in the stone age!!!!

Like licking batteries

I have been in this fund for 13 years. I recently have been trying to roll over my balance into a self managed account. I have been delayed and ignored for about 6 weeks so far. Emails and phone calls not returned. In contrast, my wife went through this process with her fund and it was resolved almost immediately. Would recommend that anyone in Aware Super gets out ASAP. The only way I can explain their inefficient manner is that it is a delaying tactic.

Ehren.L
Ehren.L

Warren

Poor customer service .. can’t get my money

I submitted a form to withdraw some funds from my super account but the request was denied because I hadn’t used the form that has the new name on it despite the fact that the old and new forms are identical in terms of customer data that they collect. Rang the service desk and was told “someone” would ring me back and then was put on hold till I eventually hang up. Am looking at moving to a more customer focused fund.

kratov

kratovSydney, NSW

misleading and unhelpful.

I opened an account with first state super and they sent me an email saying I have 14 days to cancel it if I change my mind. I changed my mind and I called them today: 25/08/2020 and told them I want to cancel the account. the lady put me through to someone else who knew nothing. I told her again I want to cancel the account and it is my right. she said she was going to send me a form via post and I said no, I want it via email and since I do not have a printer I want to be able to sign it digitally. she refused and I hanged up. they have rules and do not follow them. disgusting.

willnash279Sydney, NSW

Name change is lipstick on a pig

I left years ago after crap returns, now they are investing $$$ in a name change?? How about portfolio management with a focus on returns. Leave now to a cheaper fund!

willnash279

Your fees are not competitive and this is a key factor in eroding any mediocre returns you may have achieved. Shop around folks and look at the fine print especially the fees.

JandI

JandI

Deceptive and Manipulation help them take your fees without the commensurate service and value.

Shane Austin

Shane AustinCentral Queensland, QLD

Very rude, very difficult to deal with, end wrong information, AVOID!!!!

Trying to roll over into a SMSF was a nightmare, constantly stalling and could not provide any decent service, I am so glad I have left this fund, avoid at all cost

Run from State Plus

I am a licensed financial adviser who has a client we cannot move from this fund (Flexible Income Plan) due to adverse Centrelink implications or we would leave tomorrow. Over the past 15 years of dealing with them on behalf of several clients, the service has gone from bad to worse, not to mention the fund performance. We requested removal from the account of State Plus advisers back in 2015 due to fees for no service and requested but did not receive, a refund. Only after the Royal Commission was an amount recently paid. We have had to put up with very poor service and deliberate blocking whenever we ask for information on valid authorities. It is a conflicted fund providing conflicted advice and you can do much better elsewhere.

Disappointed customer

Disappointed customer

Such poor customer service

My husband is recently self employed & phoned First state super to clarify how much he could put in before the end of the financial year to achieve the 25.000 cap.Even with 2 phone calls , customer service was very poor . They could not give simple information but kept insisting that we should check our balance on the online service. Will definitely be moving our super to a company who employ well trained staff who are more helpful.

Fair GoSydney, NSW

I'm outa here ASAP

Nikki

Nikki

Terrible service.

If you want to make a complaint you can’t make it as part of the call you have made for service support or assistance. A separate email needs to be sent. First state super then respond I cryptic emails that don’t help or address you’re circumstances. When you call to seek further advice staff refer you back to the email that is not clear. If I was to make an educated this happens because staff do not understand what has been sent out themselves. I would not recommend this super fund to any one based off service.

James L

James LCanberra 2600, ACT

Fee for no service scandal

This is a company that has compensated its clients to the tune of close to $100 million for charging clients an ongoing advice fee of 0.75% that many clients are not even aware that they are paying a fee for.

Advisors are also remunerated based on how much money they bring in to the firm by way of recommending contributions to a StatePlus super fund.

Bunch of thieves. Stay away.

TPD and Customer service

I've been with them for 16 years. I see they have no problem deducting their fees, but submit a TPD claim and try following up. Good luck!! I've been nothing but nice and screwed around from the start. They never answer the phone or reply to email. Promise to update and never call back. Not once.
I was going to say that maybe you have to actually die for something to happen, but i read a previous review and even that seems unlikely.
On a positive note, they are polite but it's at the stage where being nice is pointless.
I'm just going to ring them 10 times a day until they are as annoyed as me.
I hope they don't expect my business following this matter. FSS are no better than their bottom dwelling insurer.

Fee

Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Ananth Nagesh.

Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.
Beau

Kate B.

Kate B.asked

What is the interest paid frequency - annually, monthly, quartetly?

Warren

Your super account consists of a number of units that are invested as you choose. The value of the units will go up and down depending on the strategy you choose. Eg shares, property, cash. Interest is not paid like a bank account. The value of your units will change daily. :)

Get an answer from our members and Aware Super representatives