• Rates and Fees
Chris

Chris

Uncaring

I have been a member of this Super Fund for many years. Recently separated, under Court Orders (wording which was approved by Aware) husband needed to split some funds from his account with Aware (formally StatsPlus) to my account with Aware. After many phone calls and a letter no progress has been made. Their solution - open up a super account with Aware (formally Stateplus) have the funds put into this account, then rollover to my account and then close the newly opened account or operate two accounts. Certainly do not support their clients.

helicopter

helicopter

Be “Aware”

When I joined 11 yrs ago it was called health super. Then it became first state super & now it’s aware super. That is 3 name changes in 11yrs. I think the latest name change suits this fund best.
Be “aware” everyone.
I would imagine they have spent enormous amounts of members money on these name changes.
They cannot escape the reviews by changing names. There are numerous reasons I left the fund. Some of those reasons are already covered in other peoples reviews, so I won’t rehash them.
The last straw was their delaying tactics when I attempted to roll out of the fund. I have totally lost trust in them.
I do not recommend this fund.

Slow to process

I have noticed my balanced self funded fund is slow to adjust balance when Stocks go up but quick when they go down !. Feel I'm being robbed of what little interest I could have made.

Graeme
Graeme

narrabeenSydney, NSW

Very limited social responsibility

This is my super company that I pay to lose money in the stock market. But it also continuing to invest in coal to produce electricity!! and other fossil fuels. To add further insults it is proposing to increase the bonus for CBA management despite the share price tanking, fines being paid to the regulator and lying and cheating customers as shown in the Royal Commission.
AwareSuper considers that by following Government orders to follow the law the Chief Executive of CBA is worth an increase in salary of $1million and bonus of $8.4.
Meanwhile my super has reduced.

brett H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Warning: you need to know this

brett H.

3 weeks. 226 people viewed. This must be a concern for many people.

gtp

gtp

Ok but you could do better.....

MSWONDERLY

MSWONDERLYSydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor returns, high fees on allocated pensions

Dave

DaveMudgee

Limited Investment options

Poor performance 2018

Disappointing results on the growth fund June - Dec 2018 resulting in about 4% loss + inflation rate of near 2%... surely no CEO xmas bonuses went out this year. I've been with FSS, my employer default fund for 12 years and salary sacrificing for the past 5 years. With these results I think I should consider other options.

Linda

Linda

Lack on contact, bad returns, fees for no service

My husband and I have been with StatePlus since 2014. Our financial adviser left and we were not told by Canberra Office. This office used to be responsive but since the move to Nishi it is very difficult to get anything out of them, let alone a return phone call. Both my husband and I have left messages for contact with no results. We are both considering moving our money out of this fund to a more customer-focussed fund that has better returns and lower fees.

Keller

KellerSydney

Non-disclosure.

Very disappointed with high fees and lousy returns. Much information in my view withheld particularly in relation to what was laid bare by Royal Commission.

PipCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Not great

SSFS to Stateplus

DHD

DHDCANBERRA

Back office fails

We have had a string of problems all related to the back office. Alas it seems that the Canberra Office has little connection with its customers. This is most recently highlighted by the move to the Nishi Building. Who in their right mind would move a business that is suposed to be focuessed around client needs to a location where the parking is limited? The web site suggests 1.3km from bus interchange. Have the forgotten the large number of retired clients? Time to move on.

David MitchellTheodore 2905, ACT

Canberra Office

David Mitchell

As there has been no action or resolution on the Canberra managment matters, my wife and I now have to drive both ways from Canberra to the Liverpool office of State Plus where we have been warmly welcomed and received professional advice.

Broken Top

Broken Top

Check out the figures - if you can

Steve P

Steve PSydney

Not happy - locked out of account

Nonsensical transfer rules

Tried to merge defined benefit fund with associated accumulation fund. Both funds have the same name, same TFN, same address, same DOB, in fact they send both statements in one envelope. Transfer was denied because the prove of identity document had a preceding preferred name, the rest of name is similar. Lost valuable time and money as was OS for lengthy holiday, transfer was timed to market condition. Cannot understand this pedantic and illogical non action. Can some body explain? Now considering rolling over to another fund given the mediocre performance over time.

What a strange incompetent bunch!

I fill out all the paper work again and again. I get everything certified that they ask for and yet I still can't roll over all my money in to first super. Somehow everything gets lost and if it’s been four weeks they close the application and I’m back to square one. I shouldn’t be annoyed because I can just go on to the website and do it all online. Its only my hard earned that they are wasting. So now at work, I advise all other employee’s to steer clear of first super and if I see a first super poster at work I quickly take it down.

Bad

Cash return for the 12 months to 31/12/10 was 4.0%
If you set up your own super an d put your money in a term deposit you would have received at least 5%. "High Growth" fund also returned just 2.2% for the 12 months to 2010, though many investment valuations largely recovered much ground in 2010 (the 3 year average return for this fund is minus -3.6%). 10 Year average return for any fund is less than 5.5% , so probably better off in a term deposit over this same period.
None that I could identify. Takes paperwork out of managing your own fund perhaps.
Returns in line or below the cash rate returns over similar periods.

Fee

Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Ananth Nagesh.

Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.
Beau

Kate B.

Kate B.asked

What is the interest paid frequency - annually, monthly, quartetly?

Warren
Warren

Your super account consists of a number of units that are invested as you choose. The value of the units will go up and down depending on the strategy you choose. Eg shares, property, cash. Interest is not paid like a bank account. The value of your units will change daily. :)

Get an answer from our members and Aware Super representatives