Aware Super

See the Best Public Sector Superannuation Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Aware Super

• Rates and Fees
SamwVictoria

Disorganised communication. Rude staff.

Samw

Don’t worry. Just improve your service pretending you are “”me””

Fred
FredChisholm 2905, ACT

Hopeless

The financial advisor allocated to us does not reply when we leave a message although we are charged over$ 2000.00 pa for advice. I have lost count of the number of advisors we have had since starting with State Super, about 15 years ago . For some reason they don't stay there for long.

SarahSydney, NSW

Extremely poor customer service

I have been with Aware Super for 10 + years. The returns have been reasonable and they have an acceptable mobile app. However 6 months ago we tried to deposit a spouse transfer. It appears they make an administrative error and lost the funds that were meant to be deposited. We tried to contact Aware Super for over 2 months. The only correspondence we have received was being told they could not do anything about it. Apart from that they have ignored 6-8 separate emails and have not even responded to complaints through AFCA. Unfortunately their customer service is terrible - I have never been treated so poorly by any other organisation. I would strongly recommend selecting a different super fund.

Caro
CaroDarwin, NT

Absolutely No Service

Trying to withdraw Funds, wrong forms emailed, phone call after phone call not returned. Totally inconsistent advice given ,continues from 26th July. Think I’ve spoken with 8 persons . No service

FayzSydney, NSW

Won’t call back on Enquiries line

I’ve been waiting for a call back since 1pm . It’s now 4.15pm. I had an Enquiry 4 weeks ago, action requested still not activated on my account. Forms still not sent to me. Very unsatisfactory

Fayz

Hi. Fay Bolton here. My Aware Super membership number is [Number Removed]. My mobile number is [Number Removed]. I look forward to finally speaking to someone.

Ronald O.
Ronald O.Southwest, VIC

Appalling Communication

Lex Wilkie

DO NOT take out TPD. They DO NOT / WONT pay you if you cannot work in your profession.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Agree Aware service is pathetic joke

Same experience - unable to contact Aware at all. Their replies on this site suggesting complainants message them are a joke -Ive sent several over 3weeks and never had a response.

lotus7
lotus7Sydney, NSW

It’s my money , not Mercers.

Unable to contact aware super (administration ‘ Mercer’) within 2 weeks of EOFY, cannot access account through on line app. to make routine change. This fund does not offer acceptable member service. In my experience with this, 9 other super Aware is the least member friendly fund. There are far better administered super funds than Aware. Would not recommend this disaster to anyone.

If I could write zero stars I would

If I could write zero stars I would. Absolutely appalling excise for a super fund, customer service is non existent and they send you letters that arrive the day your super form is due to say you have one detail missing so it’s not been processed. Will be changing funds ASAP. Absolutely furious

Mary M
Mary MSydney, NSW

absolutely horrendous treatment of clients wishing to contact them by phone

I was originally with State Super and now transferred to Aware.
Calling State Super was easy - you spoke to a person who could help you or direct your call.
Now you are put on hold - 30 mins and still hanging on! Very dissatisfied.

Spiderweb
SpiderwebSydney

Ads traumatising, harmful

Bit hard to enjoy TV when every 5min this company put really vivid accident experiences in ones face I'm starting to develop PTS feelings whenever that stupid motorbike accident starts I brace & squeeze eyes shut hard, I've never been in motorbike accident but this is repeateded & very vivid like your their, it should be banned kids will be watching this over & over as well. you are HARMING people with these adds for the sake of making money!!

chris
chrisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Waiting time of 50 minutes ??

Customer service is slipping now FSS is now part of Aware. The responses to investment questions are now just to generic to be of any use and really disappointing given the fee's charged as a percentage of the asset.

Bad service

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced,I can never get thru and they never return calls.if I could just take my money an run I would leave this bunch.

Aware SuperAware Super

What has happend to answering phone calls?

We have been with this super fund for many years and never have we had this type of problem. We can't get through on any lines to get a simple answer to a question. What has happened to this company that answering a phone call is beyond them.

sharon b.
sharon b.asked

Aware super I would like to know how your advertisement on TV represent super every time I see it I think of private health insurance not meaning to offend just my observation

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, and we apologise for the delay in responding.

The intention of our film is to highlight the amazing work our members, particularly nurses and emergency services workers, do every day to care for our community.

Kind regards,

Sam

Fee
Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Bill Ho
Bill Ho

Their conservative growth option has performed horrible when benchmarked against other funds. Aust Super Conservative balanced has delivered approx 8% more in returns over the past three years. IOOF has the multiseries 50 which is similar risk, this has delivered approx 9% more pa over the past three years. Aware has a very ordinary track record with investment performance. Vic Super had a much better strike rate but i understand they are not calling the shots under the new merger.

Ananth Nagesh.
Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.