Aware Super

See the Best Public Sector Superannuation Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Aware Super

• Rates and Fees
anthadams
anthadamsSydney, NSW

Poor preforming? Or what’s going on?

We’ve been following the sharemarket closely. Last 2 weeks was a great example of what others have said-
Share market rises by 1.5% over a couple of days and my super goes up by $750.
Share market drops by 1.5% over a couple of days and I’ve lost $2700!!!
I’ve read the cut and pasted comments, however, my partners balance in a larger fund does not behave quite like this.

Aware SuperAware Super

Poor website/Lack of communication/No secure electronic document submission

The website stalls and crashes. Today one of my accounts is not even listed and appears to have been completely deleted. They send out lots of generic colourful advertising via post even though I have requested only electronic communication. No secure facility for electronic document signing/lodgement - I live in outback WA and have had to find somebody with a printer so that I could sign a withdrawal request and post it to Wollongong because they won't accept an electronic submission, even though they have a WA office. I spoke to them a week ago and they have confirmed receipt of my request but it has still not been processed and does not show online at all.

Janette BrazelSydney, NSW

Nothing works

Can't get into website despite updating login details. Mobile app won't open despite re-installing. How dies Aware expect customer interaction if can't access our information. Nothing 'aware' about this brand.

Chris
Chris

Uncaring

I have been a member of this Super Fund for many years. Recently separated, under Court Orders (wording which was approved by Aware) husband needed to split some funds from his account with Aware (formally StatsPlus) to my account with Aware. After many phone calls and a letter no progress has been made. Their solution - open up a super account with Aware (formally Stateplus) have the funds put into this account, then rollover to my account and then close the newly opened account or operate two accounts. Certainly do not support their clients.

helicopter
helicopter

Be “Aware”

When I joined 11 yrs ago it was called health super. Then it became first state super & now it’s aware super. That is 3 name changes in 11yrs. I think the latest name change suits this fund best.
Be “aware” everyone.
I would imagine they have spent enormous amounts of members money on these name changes.
They cannot escape the reviews by changing names. There are numerous reasons I left the fund. Some of those reasons are already covered in other peoples reviews, so I won’t rehash them.
The last straw was their delaying tactics when I attempted to roll out of the fund. I have totally lost trust in them.
I do not recommend this fund.

Slow to process

I have noticed my balanced self funded fund is slow to adjust balance when Stocks go up but quick when they go down !. Feel I'm being robbed of what little interest I could have made.

Graeme
Graeme
narrabeenSydney, NSW

Very limited social responsibility

This is my super company that I pay to lose money in the stock market. But it also continuing to invest in coal to produce electricity!! and other fossil fuels. To add further insults it is proposing to increase the bonus for CBA management despite the share price tanking, fines being paid to the regulator and lying and cheating customers as shown in the Royal Commission.
AwareSuper considers that by following Government orders to follow the law the Chief Executive of CBA is worth an increase in salary of $1million and bonus of $8.4.
Meanwhile my super has reduced.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Tiger
Tiger

Satisfied customer!

I had been with First State Super for about 7 years when, due to a permanent injury I had to stop working, so I applied for TPD. I provided all the documentation they asked for and met their criteria. I kept copies of everything. They were good to deal with and from start to finish my successful claim was concluded in 5 months.

Madharry
MadharryCity

First State Super the big improver.

I think First State Super have really lifted their game over the last few years.
It's all relative as they may not be perfect but compared to some of the other Industry funds,e.g. Hostplus , they are brilliant in comparison.
They also have a great app,easy to deal with,low fees and are helpful.

Mike
MikeCentral West, NSW

Happy with there performance

I opened a first state super account approx 10 years ago when i was unable to salary sacrifice to my SASS account .
After reading some of the reviews on this site about low returns and high fees i got my last 3 annual statements out 2016/2017 in growth fund the yearly fees $95.00..investment earnings aprox 12.3%........2017/2018 in growth fund yearly fees $109.00 rate of return 10.1%..............2018/2019 in growth fund fees $121.61 return 7.8% this is an average of over 10% P/A...so as far as the insurance side of things fortunately i have never needed to claim but as far as the fees and returns and the customer phone service which again i have only used 2 or 3 times i am happy with there performance.......

brett H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Warning: you need to know this

brett H.

3 weeks. 226 people viewed. This must be a concern for many people.

gtp
gtp

Ok but you could do better.....

LJD
LJDSydney Surrounds, NSW

Income stream balance heading in the right direction!

I've been in the income stream phase of my super since 2014. I have always taken the minimum amount out each month and although the sharemarket has had some instability over this time I note that I now have more money in my account now than when I first entered retirement. This was certainly not my expectation. I'm happy with their performance.

MSWONDERLY
MSWONDERLYSydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor returns, high fees on allocated pensions

Dave
DaveMudgee

Limited Investment options

sharon b.
sharon b.asked

Aware super I would like to know how your advertisement on TV represent super every time I see it I think of private health insurance not meaning to offend just my observation

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, and we apologise for the delay in responding.

The intention of our film is to highlight the amazing work our members, particularly nurses and emergency services workers, do every day to care for our community.

Kind regards,

Sam

Fee
Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Bill Ho
Bill Ho

Their conservative growth option has performed horrible when benchmarked against other funds. Aust Super Conservative balanced has delivered approx 8% more in returns over the past three years. IOOF has the multiseries 50 which is similar risk, this has delivered approx 9% more pa over the past three years. Aware has a very ordinary track record with investment performance. Vic Super had a much better strike rate but i understand they are not calling the shots under the new merger.

Ananth Nagesh.
Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.