Nona   I go now

Nona I go nowAU

Become more complex to monitor

Been in Allocated Pension (Balanced) for many years, paying for financial advice that I didn't really need. Now moved to the Fixed Income Plan product which includes billable financial advice (ie: if no advice, no fee). Returns are lower than Australian Super (7% / 12%), but exposure to risk would be lower. Admin performance lets them down.

Get accounting advice as well as financial advice

There are some competent Planners, but unfortunately they can only provide financial advice and not accounting advice. I was a client of State Super now Stateplus and decided to take my business to an accounting firm who also specialised in financial management. A far better result for me. When I first went to Stateplus the planners were very friendly and provided sound advice, but in 2015 when most of the planners that I had seen left, I felt it time to move on as well. It's a shame that the Canberra City office is run so poorly, since the new manager and practice manager have been employed.

Not happy jan

Rippy
Rippy

Its all ok now been fixed up thank you very much
Happy day

So glad to hear. Have a great weekend. Thanks, Kat

Public Sector Superannuation Funds

Find out how Aware Super compares to other Public Sector Superannuation Funds

Ouch -60% Increase In Insurance Rates -

I'm very happy with the fund performance over the past seven years.However,I have found their customer service attitude rather archaic , which I suppose makes sense as they represent the public service.
I was denied Income Protection insurance last year because of my job classification, even though this is the fund for my job and industry. I've just had a 60% hike in my life insurance premiums because their insurer has taken a hiding on Income protection Policies, which I am not part of.
The website. Good performance and lo fees.
Treats customers like a necessary evil.

Bruno09
Bruno09

Thanks Mark, Like I said , I'm happy with the funds performance. I've come to terms with the insurance hike after doing comparison shopping. I've also noticed the service is much better lately.

Fee

Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Ananth Nagesh.

Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.
Beau

Kate B.

Kate B.asked

What is the interest paid frequency - annually, monthly, quartetly?

Warren
Warren

Your super account consists of a number of units that are invested as you choose. The value of the units will go up and down depending on the strategy you choose. Eg shares, property, cash. Interest is not paid like a bank account. The value of your units will change daily. :)

Get an answer from our members and Aware Super representatives