Listing monitored by Aware Super

• Rates and Fees
Tiger
Tiger

Satisfied customer!

I had been with First State Super for about 7 years when, due to a permanent injury I had to stop working, so I applied for TPD. I provided all the documentation they asked for and met their criteria. I kept copies of everything. They were good to deal with and from start to finish my successful claim was concluded in 5 months.

Madharry
MadharryCity

First State Super the big improver.

I think First State Super have really lifted their game over the last few years.
It's all relative as they may not be perfect but compared to some of the other Industry funds,e.g. Hostplus , they are brilliant in comparison.
They also have a great app,easy to deal with,low fees and are helpful.

Mike
MikeCentral West, NSW

Happy with there performance

I opened a first state super account approx 10 years ago when i was unable to salary sacrifice to my SASS account .
After reading some of the reviews on this site about low returns and high fees i got my last 3 annual statements out 2016/2017 in growth fund the yearly fees $95.00..investment earnings aprox 12.3%........2017/2018 in growth fund yearly fees $109.00 rate of return 10.1%..............2018/2019 in growth fund fees $121.61 return 7.8% this is an average of over 10% P/A...so as far as the insurance side of things fortunately i have never needed to claim but as far as the fees and returns and the customer phone service which again i have only used 2 or 3 times i am happy with there performance.......

Public Sector Superannuation Funds

Find out how Aware Super compares to other Public Sector Superannuation Funds

LJD
LJDSydney Surrounds, NSW

Income stream balance heading in the right direction!

I've been in the income stream phase of my super since 2014. I have always taken the minimum amount out each month and although the sharemarket has had some instability over this time I note that I now have more money in my account now than when I first entered retirement. This was certainly not my expectation. I'm happy with their performance.

Mark B
Mark BCanberra

Sound financial advice

I found State Plus has provided me with helpful and consistent advice. Thus was especially true during the GFC when it was tempting to move the funds. I changed planner when my long time planner retired and the transition to a new planner was fine. I’ve done very well out of State Plus - well done guys.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Ant
AntSydney

Got their act together!

Two years ago my review of the Customer Service was scathing - but I am happy to be able to write that my last two recent transactions have been smooth, quick and easy. I am a happy customer at last!

Aware SuperAware Super

Hi Ant, that's great to hear! I'm really pleased your recent interactions have been positive ones. Thanks for taking the time to share. Thanks, Kat

MikeDC5
MikeDC5AU

Pretty good

ajayvius
ajayvius

Good

I consolidated two other super funds into this one a few years ago and found it an easy enough process to go through. I have invested in high risk strategies with lots of shares as I have a long time before I am due to retire. It is easy to move this investment diversity about to suit different levels of risk exposure. I think the fees on this are reasonable although I haven't looked around too much to compare it to other superannuation funds. The online service is good and user friendly though they still send out paper mail which duplicates the information which is online.
Professionally run.

sharon b.
sharon b.asked

Aware super I would like to know how your advertisement on TV represent super every time I see it I think of private health insurance not meaning to offend just my observation

Fee
Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Bill Ho
Bill Ho

Their conservative growth option has performed horrible when benchmarked against other funds. Aust Super Conservative balanced has delivered approx 8% more in returns over the past three years. IOOF has the multiseries 50 which is similar risk, this has delivered approx 9% more pa over the past three years. Aware has a very ordinary track record with investment performance. Vic Super had a much better strike rate but i understand they are not calling the shots under the new merger.

Ananth Nagesh.
Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.