B&D Doors and Openers

B&D Doors and Openers Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

craig

craigasked

i have two firma roller doors and b&d panel lift door all with b&d motorized openers . The openers are a set of pink and green , and a pair of green ones also and a large one secured in the house . But today i have lost the button side of one of the green ones , Where can i purschase and other one or a pair of new door openers please .

craig

craigasked

BnD Team MemberB&D Garage Doors and Openers

Hi Craig, thank you for your enquiry. To purchase a new B&D or ATA Remote you are able to go through to this email address. vicpickup@bnd.com.au. Please provide the model number or name of your opener when submitting. Have a great Day.

Karl D.

Karl D.asked

Hi from Canada,
I am having functional and parts sourcing problems for an original Ancor Roll-A-Door. The operator was replaced roughly 7 years ago with an RDO-2V1SM. The safety interlock used with keyless remote fob is an ATA PE-2 (not sure of the age). Recently, I noticed that the receiver relay will start clicking frantically when there is nothing breaking the IR beam. The door will not work from the operator keypad, or, the remote key fob. Now, I notice that when the "clicking" stops, The relay will not open (or, close) when obstruction is encountered. I have disassembled, cleaned and re-aimed the transmitter and receiver. I have done everything required in the operator manual, as well. Is this a PE-2 problem? Also, I have been trying to find the extruded vinyl seal for the bottom of this door without success...it is not a typical size. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for submitting your question. Without being able to see the door or hear the sounds it's a little tough for us to advise. To ensure we give you the best advice, we would recommend calling our local Canadian Dealership in Vancouver on 604.637.2030. They will be able to effectively direct your inquiry.

If you have any trouble send us an email at customerenquiries@bnd.com.au and we will follow it up with them.

- Jade, Team Member at B&D

Robertasked

how do I get access to the "Code Set" button to reprogramme my spare RMD809 Remote Control to my new residence Roll-a-door. It is covered by a clear plastic cover that seems firmly fixed in place..

Hi Robert,

If you can please call our Help and Advice team on 13 62 63, that would be great. We need to ascertain which model of opener you have to make sure we are giving you the correct advice.

- Jade, B&D Team Member

Robert

My telephone query was most efficiently answered. Thank you.

Joseph L.

Joseph L.asked

my garage door cables had jumped out the spool , how to reset them

clayton
clayton

ring b&d and ask over the phone, they are pretty helpful.

Ian S.

Ian S.asked

How do I program a remote

tony
tony

Contact Patrick on 0432175864 he is electrician who insrslled the additional remote controllers to the unit.

For new remotes for your Roller door use Patrick above or contact Josh on 0412056208 as he provides the actual remotes. Excellent prices.
Any problems..let me know. Cheers..Tony

Peter

Peterasked

Do I need to lubricate rollers?

OCD Fusspot
OCD Fusspot

Hi Peter. The rollers on your B&D door (as long as it is a panelift not a roller door) have ball bearings and generally don't need lube but if they are binding or stiff then a shot of Inox, WD40 etc won't hurt. If your door is a roller door (rolls up like a blind) then absolutely no lube is to be applied to the tracks as this will eventually foul the braided rubbing strips on the edges of the door and make it stick instead of slide. If your door is an older model it is also a good idea to spray a small amount in the pivoting part of the metal hinges, if yours are metal. If you have the internal nylon hinges then no lube is neccessary. I hope this helps.

Peter

Peterasked

Parents have installed 2 motors back in 2010, every time there's a problem under warranty you get charged service call - like seriously?! Found out you need to service them every year which is around $140 of so which in 5 years you can get new motors. Just yesterday all 4 controls are playing up and signal very very weak - have changed batteries and still the same. Parents had old B&D door (without computer) and went your over 10years with no servicing (control was the size of 3 iPhones) not happy. Any other brands that don't need servicing?

Busymom
Busymom

Looks shady to me. I had my B&D door serviced when the motor started acting up after 3 years. I was told it needed servicing. All they did was oil the sides. Didnt even touch the motor. Then the motor died altogether after a month and i had to replace. 6 months later the door startet creaking really loudly. B&D said they will charge a call out fee to "look" at it. I asked about warranty and they told me that they (meaning only B&D) had to service the door every year to honour their warranty. Because i havent done that they will charge me. I told them Ive thrown enough money and Im stuck with a really noisy door. My experience with B&D is that its crap from motor to doors and my house is only 4 years.
My old house built in 2003 had steel line. Not once did i change the motor nor got it serviced. i sold the house without any issues. When i lost the remote steelline came to reprogram without charging a service fee.

Robowen
Robowen

I think the issues both of you experienced are with the garage door company hired to undertake the job and not B&D. Throughout Australia B&D only own 2 or 3 businesses. All of the other businesses are privately owned and are part of an accredited dealership. Even tradies operating as sole traders can obtain B&D doors. Anyone 'oiling the sides' should be asked to leave immediately as tracks and guides should not be greased or oiled. If the motor died it may have been incorrectly specified for the size of the door, it may have been over working due to dried out oil or grease in the guides. The springs may have been under tensioned. All of this is the installer / servicers responsibility to check. Installers are generally sub contractors and their level of competence is gauged by how many installs they do a day and how many years doing the job. I've worked for both Steel-Line and B&D and I can promise you Steel-Line is not a better product. In answer to the original question. Where you have machinery and moving wearable parts why would you not want it serviced.? Your garage door is just as important than your car and needs regular maintenance. Have the opener serviced at the same time as the garage door. As for being charged for warranty, depending on who you call out it is acceptable for them to charge you if they didn't install the original opener. If they are not the installers then you should call the manufacturers who will log a resolve warranty call. B&D don't make their own openers nor do Steel-Line. B&D Warranty calls for openers are usually carried out by Automatic Technology Australia (Ata).
As I said, It's not B&D that's the issue.

Get an answer from our members and B&D Garage Doors and Openers representatives