B&D Doors and Openers

B&D Doors and Openers (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Door & Window Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Answer the phone!!

Been on hold for over 30 min. sick of listening to the voice recording.
How do you make money if you never answer the phone.

Hi Kevin,
I am sorry to hear that we didn't get to your call. Could you please private message your contact number and we will call you?
Kind Regards,
B&D

Xin

XinSydney

Don’t buy. Easy to broke, expensive to repair

I have a B&D CADP installed in my house. The motor starts playing stopping game to us just right after the 5 year warranty expired. The installer informed us that B&D is not willing to do repair for us since the motor is now dead 6 month after the warranty expired. Instead, I need to pay $450 for repairing it if I still want to fix it. Which is $25 cheaper to buy a same model in new from eBays. Are you guys mad??? Terrible quality, supper bad services (not helping anything if you just out of warranty), super expensive for parts...... just move away from B&D!!!

OCD FusspotBrisbane

A premium product

Paden

PadenBunbury WA

B&D are not worth the trouble

Itchy WitchAU

BnD are simply terrible auto garage door openers

Hi,

Like a car, all of our openers require servicing to ensure optimal performance. If there was an issue under warranty, then we would cover it under the warranty. Thank you.

Glenn S

Glenn SSydney

B&D rip-off repairs

Service...

The service is just to say "here is the cost for a new one!

No service, no support, no love, just take your money, void your warranty. I had a panel door that had a motor issue. The board and such was fine. Rang B&D who did it even bother to send someone for a service, just quoted a new door. When asked what a service would cost, they said ‘same price’.

I fixed it myself for $130 in parts and a little over 2 hours work.

Mr C

Mr CEsperance

OMG

WARNING: If you live in a country town in Australia; your warranty on your B&D door is "Null and Void" from day one.
A long true story: Phone me on 0419 045 145
I'm available 24/7, (as a vital service to the unsuspecting public)

Deejohn

Deejohn

Broken cable

Impossible to get any service from these people. I called when the cable broke and the garage door literally crashed to the floor, it could have killed a small child.
Took over 4 days to get a date. When I did get confirmation on the phone they cancelled the call out when I didn't reply to their phone message within 1 hour. The next call out didn't happen because the serviceman was sick. I went elsewhere but was without a garage for 8 days.

Rip off pricing for repairs

Booked a service after drive chain became disengaged. It was emphasised in the phone contact that the call out fee was $175 and I did agree to this. When he came the manual override was reset and it worked. A couple of sprays of silicone lubricant and he was finished. Total time spent = 3 minutes, cost $175. The work bears no relation to the charge. I could have been helped over the phone with a help line.

Mlaveglia

MlavegliaAU

Servicing and customer service is terrible

Serviceman came out and told me I needed a new motor- $150. I rang same day to get the motor ordered in. Service man said he would also organise it to be done. Rang back after 10 days of their holidays to be told that they knew nothing about it. Had no notes regarding my phone call and the servicemen who apparently told them about the motor. Said they would order it in. I rang 2days later and still there was no info about the motor. 10 days later I still haven’t heard from them. I will be buying in the motor via ebay and a friend will install it.

Rip off service fee.

Phoned about a orange light illuminating on motor only to be told door needs servicing after only 2 years. my last door "no servicing" for 15 years and faultless, wish id dealt with them and and not the builders "poor" choice of B&D

Shane

ShaneSydney, NSW

Terrible garage door which opens by itself

BusymomNot declared

Make sure your builder does not install- ask for another brand

Problems Already!

Brand new unit purchased and installed by B&D team and already having problems and only just 1 year old. Now having to pay more. What ever happened to getting a product that does what the company says! Very disappointed and wouldn't recommend.

san6451

san6451Melbourne

I wish I can Say They Are S@##

george bouzidis

george bouzidisPerth, WA

Caveat Emptor - Pontius Pilate Alive at B&D

Ceased manufacturing remote controls for garage doors. When contacted was told I needed to replace perfectly good motor then buy new 2 new remote controls. Attitude by staff was contemptuous to say the least. Can only describe this outfit as ruthless and opportunistic. KEEP VERY CLEAR.

Peter

Peterasked

Do I need to lubricate rollers?

OCD Fusspot

Hi Peter. The rollers on your B&D door (as long as it is a panelift not a roller door) have ball bearings and generally don't need lube but if they are binding or stiff then a shot of Inox, WD40 etc won't hurt. If your door is a roller door (rolls up like a blind) then absolutely no lube is to be applied to the tracks as this will eventually foul the braided rubbing strips on the edges of the door and make it stick instead of slide. If your door is an older model it is also a good idea to spray a small amount in the pivoting part of the metal hinges, if yours are metal. If you have the internal nylon hinges then no lube is neccessary. I hope this helps.

Peter

Peterasked

Parents have installed 2 motors back in 2010, every time there's a problem under warranty you get charged service call - like seriously?! Found out you need to service them every year which is around $140 of so which in 5 years you can get new motors. Just yesterday all 4 controls are playing up and signal very very weak - have changed batteries and still the same. Parents had old B&D door (without computer) and went your over 10years with no servicing (control was the size of 3 iPhones) not happy. Any other brands that don't need servicing?

Busymom

Looks shady to me. I had my B&D door serviced when the motor started acting up after 3 years. I was told it needed servicing. All they did was oil the sides. Didnt even touch the motor. Then the motor died altogether after a month and i had to replace. 6 months later the door startet creaking really loudly. B&D said they will charge a call out fee to "look" at it. I asked about warranty and they told me that they (meaning only B&D) had to service the door every year to honour their warranty. Because i havent done that they will charge me. I told them Ive thrown enough money and Im stuck with a really noisy door. My experience with B&D is that its crap from motor to doors and my house is only 4 years.
My old house built in 2003 had steel line. Not once did i change the motor nor got it serviced. i sold the house without any issues. When i lost the remote steelline came to reprogram without charging a service fee.

Robowen
Robowen

I think the issues both of you experienced are with the garage door company hired to undertake the job and not B&D. Throughout Australia B&D only own 2 or 3 businesses. All of the other businesses are privately owned and are part of an accredited dealership. Even tradies operating as sole traders can obtain B&D doors. Anyone 'oiling the sides' should be asked to leave immediately as tracks and guides should not be greased or oiled. If the motor died it may have been incorrectly specified for the size of the door, it may have been over working due to dried out oil or grease in the guides. The springs may have been under tensioned. All of this is the installer / servicers responsibility to check. Installers are generally sub contractors and their level of competence is gauged by how many installs they do a day and how many years doing the job. I've worked for both Steel-Line and B&D and I can promise you Steel-Line is not a better product. In answer to the original question. Where you have machinery and moving wearable parts why would you not want it serviced.? Your garage door is just as important than your car and needs regular maintenance. Have the opener serviced at the same time as the garage door. As for being charged for warranty, depending on who you call out it is acceptable for them to charge you if they didn't install the original opener. If they are not the installers then you should call the manufacturers who will log a resolve warranty call. B&D don't make their own openers nor do Steel-Line. B&D Warranty calls for openers are usually carried out by Automatic Technology Australia (Ata).
As I said, It's not B&D that's the issue.

Get an answer from our members and B&D Doors and Openers representatives