B&D Doors and Openers

B&D Doors and Openers (page 3 of 3)

• Job Satisfaction

Itchy WitchAU

BnD are simply terrible auto garage door openers

Hi,

Like a car, all of our openers require servicing to ensure optimal performance. If there was an issue under warranty, then we would cover it under the warranty. Thank you.

Glenn S
Glenn SSydney

B&D rip-off repairs

James
JamesCanberra 2600, ACT

Service...

The service is just to say "here is the cost for a new one!

No service, no support, no love, just take your money, void your warranty. I had a panel door that had a motor issue. The board and such was fine. Rang B&D who did it even bother to send someone for a service, just quoted a new door. When asked what a service would cost, they said ‘same price’.

I fixed it myself for $130 in parts and a little over 2 hours work.

Door & Window Shops

Find out how B&D Doors and Openers compares to other Door & Window Shops

Mr C
Mr CEsperance

OMG

WARNING: If you live in a country town in Australia; your warranty on your B&D door is "Null and Void" from day one.
A long true story: Phone me on 0419 045 145
I'm available 24/7, (as a vital service to the unsuspecting public)

Deejohn
Deejohn

Broken cable

Impossible to get any service from these people. I called when the cable broke and the garage door literally crashed to the floor, it could have killed a small child.
Took over 4 days to get a date. When I did get confirmation on the phone they cancelled the call out when I didn't reply to their phone message within 1 hour. The next call out didn't happen because the serviceman was sick. I went elsewhere but was without a garage for 8 days.

Rip off pricing for repairs

Booked a service after drive chain became disengaged. It was emphasised in the phone contact that the call out fee was $175 and I did agree to this. When he came the manual override was reset and it worked. A couple of sprays of silicone lubricant and he was finished. Total time spent = 3 minutes, cost $175. The work bears no relation to the charge. I could have been helped over the phone with a help line.

Mlaveglia
MlavegliaAU

Servicing and customer service is terrible

Serviceman came out and told me I needed a new motor- $150. I rang same day to get the motor ordered in. Service man said he would also organise it to be done. Rang back after 10 days of their holidays to be told that they knew nothing about it. Had no notes regarding my phone call and the servicemen who apparently told them about the motor. Said they would order it in. I rang 2days later and still there was no info about the motor. 10 days later I still haven’t heard from them. I will be buying in the motor via ebay and a friend will install it.

Rip off service fee.

Phoned about a orange light illuminating on motor only to be told door needs servicing after only 2 years. my last door "no servicing" for 15 years and faultless, wish id dealt with them and and not the builders "poor" choice of B&D

Shane
ShaneSydney, NSW

Terrible garage door which opens by itself

Door & Window Shops

Find out how B&D Doors and Openers compares to other Door & Window Shops

Busymom
BusymomNot declared

Make sure your builder does not install- ask for another brand

Problems Already!

Brand new unit purchased and installed by B&D team and already having problems and only just 1 year old. Now having to pay more. What ever happened to getting a product that does what the company says! Very disappointed and wouldn't recommend.

san6451
san6451Melbourne

I wish I can Say They Are S@##

george bouzidis
george bouzidisPerth, WA

Caveat Emptor - Pontius Pilate Alive at B&D

Ceased manufacturing remote controls for garage doors. When contacted was told I needed to replace perfectly good motor then buy new 2 new remote controls. Attitude by staff was contemptuous to say the least. Can only describe this outfit as ruthless and opportunistic. KEEP VERY CLEAR.

craig
craigasked

i have two firma roller doors and b&d panel lift door all with b&d motorized openers . The openers are a set of pink and green , and a pair of green ones also and a large one secured in the house . But today i have lost the button side of one of the green ones , Where can i purschase and other one or a pair of new door openers please .

craig
craigasked

BnD Team MemberB&D Garage Doors and Openers

Hi Craig, thank you for your enquiry. To purchase a new B&D or ATA Remote you are able to go through to this email address. vicpickup@bnd.com.au. Please provide the model number or name of your opener when submitting. Have a great Day.

Karl D.
Karl D.asked

Hi from Canada,
I am having functional and parts sourcing problems for an original Ancor Roll-A-Door. The operator was replaced roughly 7 years ago with an RDO-2V1SM. The safety interlock used with keyless remote fob is an ATA PE-2 (not sure of the age). Recently, I noticed that the receiver relay will start clicking frantically when there is nothing breaking the IR beam. The door will not work from the operator keypad, or, the remote key fob. Now, I notice that when the "clicking" stops, The relay will not open (or, close) when obstruction is encountered. I have disassembled, cleaned and re-aimed the transmitter and receiver. I have done everything required in the operator manual, as well. Is this a PE-2 problem? Also, I have been trying to find the extruded vinyl seal for the bottom of this door without success...it is not a typical size. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

BnD Team MemberB&D Garage Doors and Openers

Hi Karl,

Thanks for submitting your question. Without being able to see the door or hear the sounds it's a little tough for us to advise. To ensure we give you the best advice, we would recommend calling our local Canadian Dealership in Vancouver on 604.637.2030. They will be able to effectively direct your inquiry.

If you have any trouble send us an email at customerenquiries@bnd.com.au and we will follow it up with them.

- Jade, Team Member at B&D