Baby Jogger City Elite

Baby Jogger City Elite Questions & Answers

50 questions from our users

Chloe

Chloeasked

Hi I have a city elite pram years ago for my son but now have another one on the way, I just want to know what bassinets are compatible with the city elite please? I bought one second hand but they’re the wrong adapters for it.

Hi Chloe,
Congratulations on Baby Number 2!
The City Elite is compatible with our Deluxe Bassinet.

The Deluxe Bassinet is sold with the adaptors that you need to attach it to your City Elite.

Do you know which model of Bassinet you purchased second hand?

E inbox@theamazingbabycompany.com.au
T 03 8872 6772

KLKasked

Hi, I am looking to buy a Baby Jogger City Elite 2. Can you please let me know if the existing Baby Jogger Compact capsule (approx 2 years old) is compatible with the new model pram?
Thank you!

KLK

Sorry I mean the Compact Bassinet. Or the Deluxe Bassinet. Have found both listed as compatible with the City Elite, but no mention of whether they are with the City Elite 2 or not.
Thanks!

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Good Morning, thank you for your question. You will need the Mini2/GT2/Elite2 bassinet. You can find this at the link below.

Krystinaasked

Hi Guys,
Have a baby jogger Elite 2017 Model. How do you take off the straps to be able to fit a pram liner? or Can't this be done?

Jess Judd

Hi, did you end up finding out if this can be done? I was just given a pram liner and trying to fit it now

Krystina

No one replied. But it couldn’t be done. I had to get a new one made instead with clip buttons. So annoying. Least I can use the first one with my select so not all was lost.

Jess Judd

Ah thanks for letting me know. I’ll stop trying haha

Jayne E.

Jayne E.asked

Hi, I have a Baby Jogger City Elite single pram. I am trying to find which adaptors I need to fit the bassinet into the pram, can you please send me a photo of the bassinet adaptors I need?
Cheers

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Hi, thank you for your question. Can you please email our customer service team at inbox@tabc.com.au and they will be able to assist. Please attach a photo of your pram and bassinet, so they can point you in the right direction. Thank you

Sahana G.

Sahana G.asked

Hi can I use my City elite stroller and bassinet at the same time?

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Hi Sahana, thank you for your enquiry. The City Elite stroller is a single stroller, so you are able to use the bassinet or the seat, but not both at the same time.

If you're looking for a pram with the ability to convert to a double pram we could recommend looking at the Baby Jogger City Select or City Select Lux, as these prams can be used with a combination of a seat and bassinet to accommodate a newborn and a toddler.

Please let us know if this answers your question or if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind Regards
The Baby Jogger Team

Megiemay

Megiemayasked

Hi, I have both a city elite and a mini gt. Can either of these models adjust to add a second seat? (I have a 10m old and due again in 4 months.) Or will I need to get a new stroller? :(

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Hi there Congratulations on your new pending arrival !
The Elite and GT are only single strollers they don't have the capability to attach a second seat . You would need to look at the side by side GT2 or Select / Select LUX range

Simoneasked

I have a big 3.5 year old 25kg boy and he’s Around 105cm tall. I tried him in a city elite in store but his feet hung over the foot plate a little. Can this be adjusted to lengthen?

Rebecca

No it can't be but I have a under 3 year old who is around that tall and yes they do hang over a little at times depending on how his sitting but he seems to not worry about it. You won't find many tough strollers that have the leg room for that age group unless you go steelcraft agile or something or look on baby jogger site for something more to your needs

Simone

Thanks so much that helps out a lot.

Your welcome

Karlee D

Karlee Dasked

Hi I am looking at purchasing a second hand elite 2017 model, just want to confirm that a deluxe bassinet - 10th anniversary edition will fit it?
Also I have seen pictures of bassinets fitted to just the frame, like with none of the seat/material attached - is this an option with the 2017 model? Is it just a mater of unattaching it and reattaching it when you a switch to the seat when Bub is older?

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Hi Karlee, the short answer is yes to all of your questions.
The Deluxe Bassinet fits the 2017 Elite.
Also, simply remove the fabrics to have that sleek frame only look - but remember to re-attached the folding mechanism otherwise your stroller wont fold!

Good luck and great choice!

Selina S.

Selina S.asked

Hello, I was wondering if the 2017 model for the Baby Jogger City Elite has Fixed Straps or Clip Straps?

Marika H.
Marika H.

They're fixed to the seat and clip together in a 5 point harness to strap the kid in.

Rebecca

They are fixed into it and the four straps click in at the front so it makes a full harness

Hi Selina,

The above answers are correct, also note on this model the Harness straps and Waist straps are also connected (cannot be separated)

Kind Regards,
Customer Service Team

Fionnlagh M.

Fionnlagh M.asked

Can you use a deluxe bassinet in a city elite 2?

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Hi there , The Elite 2 has it's own bassinet so no unfortunately the Deluxe bassinet isn't compatible .
Visit our website for more details -https://babyjoggerstrollers.com.au/product/city-elite-2/

Eama

Eamaasked

Another question about a recently purchased second-hand elite.... I noticed in a lot of pictures there is fabric that attaches to the bar/frame behind the canopy. The one I purchased does not have this extra piece of fabric. What is it’s purpose? Thanks!

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Good afternoon, this is a parent console that comes with the pram. if you wish to purchase please call us on 03 8872 6772 or email us at sales@theamazingbabycompany.com.au. Thank you

Eama

Eamaasked

I just purchased a 2015 city elite second hand (charcoal colour). It does not have the base and bum board - is it supposed to? Thanks!

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Good Morning, thank you for your question. The Elite did not come with these boards. You can purchase a back board for your pram from www.tabc.com.au . thank you

Mekaela M.

Mekaela M.asked

Hi baby jogger, just wondering if it is worth buying a backboard for my city elite? I want to use for light jogging/travel pram as it folds so well! My little one is 16 months old. Just want to know if it will be comfier with the back board (especially while jogging) or if the board will make it too stiff and it is comfier without, being more of a sling like seat? Hope that makes sense, thank you!

SCN

SCNasked

Hi I was wondering whether the Chicco Key Fit plus infant capsule is compatible with the Baby Jogger City Elite or/and the Baby Jogger city mini GT 10th anniversary edition?

Good afternoon,

thank you for your enquiry. These adapters have been discontinued for some time now. You may still find them at some Baby Jogger retailers, however we don't have any in stock.

Matthias P.

Matthias P.asked

Hi guys, our due date is 2nd of April and I really got my eyes on the city elite. I'm contemplating wether to buy new or second hand. After having a brand new one in my hands at a local shop I was very impressed with the suspension if the pram. My question is: Did the suspension massively improve from previous year models to the 2018/19 model city elite or has the system never really changed and is just as awesome as the one on a brand new model?

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Good Afternoon, thank you for your enquiry. The suspension on the new Elite 2 has been upgraded. There is benefits to purchasing the pram new rather than 2nd hand. When purchasing 2nd hand you don't receive any warranties. If you are to purchase new then you are entitled to a 2 yr warranty when you register your receipt with us at www.babyjoggerstrollers.com.au. You will love the new Elite 2. Thank you

Alana dasked

I purchased a city elite second hand and just wondering if there should be a board or something in the back of the seat. There is no support in it.

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Hi, thank you for your question. the Original Elite didn't come with the backing boards, however they can be purchased at www.TABC.com.au and I have attached the link below for you.

Alana d

Thankyou so much for your response. I have just ordered it

AJPLasked

Hi everyone. I purchased our Baby Jogger City Elite brand new in 2015. It has a 3 point harness and the buckle needs to be replaced as one side no longer fastens. It looks like the straps are sewn into the pram seat so am wondering how to replace the buckle so it is safe to use for baby #2. Any tips?

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Hi AJPL, are you able to please send through photos and a description of what has happened with your stroller to inbox@tabc.com.au
Once we receive this, we will be able to assist you further.

AJPL

Sure thing Service team and thanks heaps for the quick response. Legends.

Vanessa A.asked

I have a second hand baby jogger city elite 2014 model and would like to know if its possible to undo the side harness straps to fit a universal pram liner? They seem fixed.

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Hi Vanessa, Unfortunately we do not recommend this. You should be able to find a universal pram liner from your local baby shop to fit the stroller.

Vanessa A.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I did purchase a universal liner a few months back that said it was compatible with this model, but it is not unfortunately so I just wanted to confirm. Cheers

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if we can assist with anything further.

Charlotte

Charlotteasked

We have the city elite and love it. Had it for our 3 year old but now need it for our 4 month old. Does it only face outwards? Is there a temporary seat insert we can buy to have our boy facing us for the first little while. Thanks

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Good morning, thank you for your enquiry. We are very happy to hear you love your Elite. You can use a Compact Bassinet or a Deluxe Bassinet. However as bub is already 4 months old, you would only get around 2 months use out of it. Thank you Baby Jogger Customer Service Team

H Roberts

H Robertsasked

Hi,

We are expecting a baby in March next year and have really liked the Baby Jogger Elite when we have tried it out. But we have heard that there is a new updated model of the elite coming out soon is it possible for you to give me an idea of when it will be released please?

Get an answer from our members and Baby Jogger representatives