Baby Jogger Summit XC

Baby Jogger Summit XC

5.0 from 1 review

Fantastic pram that is so light to push

I love this pram. It has been everywhere with us including overseas trips. It is very versatile as you can fix the front wheel and use it for jogging or difficult surfaces like sand at the beach, or just allow it to pivot for normal use. It is an easy one hand push and I have found it so much easy to push even when compared to decent European style prams such as the Quinny Buzz and Joolz Day. It can also take a child up to 35kg so good when my boy is older and he wants to come for a run with me.
Even though this is a large pram, it is actually quite lightweight when compared to other fully featured prams at 11kgs (the new Elite is 10.8). It has a hand brake which is very useful and reassuring when going down hills. It also has the standard foot brake. I think the new Elite has a hand brake, but when I bought this the Elite didnt. I bought imported mine from the States as at the time they were selling for $999 here and the old (360) model. Now you can get the XC here for a bit over $600. The recline is gradual as it uses a cord system instead of pressing a button.
We have taken on several overseas trips and we just take it up to where we board the plane and they take it from there. We also have the carry bag and have packed it in that for travel as well.t has been great to have travelling as it can get over cobblestones and rough trails easily. We have even taken bushwalking when I had a sore back and couldn't use the carrier.
The mesh basket area on the back is great to put things in. The basket underneath can be a bit difficult to get to sometimes. But if you get the BJ Nappy Bag, this just fixes on the side and the basket underneath is good for smaller things. The accessories can be expensive but they are handy. We got the parent console (which I use all the time) and the belly bar with the console for the child. The bar can be a bit high, but it is handy to put toys etc in. When my boy was a baby we had the bassinet which you can pick up easily enough second hand and we also used the Maxi Cosi car seat to make a travel system. The bassinet and the car seat use the same adapters.
The hood on this pram is brilliant and huge and with the recline it is really a great little hide away for a sleeping child. The child does sit back quite far in the pram though which is great for sun protection etc, but now my boy is a toddler I do find him sometimes pulling himself forward a bit to have a look around.

It is a very well made pram and we have had no issues with it. The rear wheels are large at 16" but this is what makes it so easy to push and it also has suspension. The wheel base at the back is wide, but surprisingly, even though it looks large, it is actually not much larger than many of the other standard prams I have looked at. This can be a bit of an issue if you are going in and out of shops. I have an umbrella stroller I keep in the car for shopping.

The one handed fold on this is brilliant and it folds up reasonably small. We compared this with the Mountain Buggy Terrain which is similar and the fold on that is huge.
The material is very quick dry and keeps them cool in summer, but we put a sheepskin on it for winter.
Very easy to push, tackles any terrain, easy one handed fold, brilliant sun protection,great quality, verstatile
large for shopping aisles/cafes