Baby & Toddler Town

Baby & Toddler Town

2.0

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (66)

Phate

PhateSydney, NSW

Gone into administration do a charge back if possible

Found out today after calling them that they went into administration, their phones ring out, their warehouse can't receive any more voice mails. If you bought anything and didn't get it do a charge back with your bank ASAP. I luckily got 2 items from them 2 weeks ago, but we still are in the hole about $200 from something we lay buyed and their up sell (since we spent >= $1000) gave us a "$400 photography voucher" no doubt will be dishonored.

My wife and I now have to try and get a new mattress/protector weeks before Christmas where finances are tight.

If anyone has any recommended recourse for getting the money back let me know.

Jo S

Jo SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

CAUTION: Dodgy business practice

Purchased a stroller on the 16 November, received notification on the 18 November that would take 2-3 weeks for the delivery as out of stock. As we need this stroller as we are travelling overseas I cancelled the order and was told I would get a refund in 2-3 business days. Still waiting. After multiple calls and again the promise of a refund - still nothing.
I call now and can't leave a message as the mailbox is full. No response to emails. And, yes the website is under construction. I have received no notification that the business is liquidation, however, I believe the previous posts on this site as we are having a similar experience with this business.

Laz

LazSydney, NSW

Baby and Toddler town Marsden Park closed.

Gabi

GabiSouthwest, VIC

Warning- Do not buy from this company!

Liz R

Liz RSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Worst experience ever.

Customer

Customer

Very Poor Customer Service

JaCe888Sydney, NSW

Poor inventory management means you may be waiting a very long time for your order.

Stefano C.

Stefano C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SHOP

They advertise products they don't have. You are lucky if you receive your order in 4-5 weeks. And don't waste your time trying to contact them, it's completely useless: they just don't reply your emails and don't pick up the phone.

Alinta

AlintaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Never will buy from this shop again

If I could give a minus I would, I ordered the tandem seat plus adaptors for my pram which was advertised in the catalog once Id placed my order I then received an email stating Id was out of stock and Id be waiting 3-4 weeks I thought why advertise something you don't have in stock anyway once 4 weeks came I hadn't received my products or any more emails or calls stating when Id receive them I called 5 times and each time I was told that an order would be placed that week its now been 2 months and I've only just received my item today. Poor communication and nasty service will never buy anything from this shop again

Jacqui

Very poor experience - took my money to make the sale but then emailed me saying it wasn't in stock. Still waiting...

They advertised a product (a high chair tray) in stock, then took my money, and emailed me saying they were out of stock, and I am still waiting for delivery 1 month later with no date of when it will be sent to me just apologies via email whenever I follow up. It's illegal in Australia to advertise that you have stock in order to make the sale, when in actual fact you don't have it. Very very poor site will not buy from them again. I have given them one more day to have it 'delivered' (they keep saying they are expecting delivery this/last week etc), and if it does;t come I've demanded a refund and will buy from some one who actually can honour their word. Waste of time.

Samantha M.

Samantha M.Canberra 2600, ACT

Don't buy from Baby & Toddler Town!

Nothing is ever in stock but they don't tell you until after you have paid. Took 7 weeks to receive my last order. Terrible communication and customer service, I kept being told it was on its way. They never take responsibility. Avoid this site!

Nicole F.

Nicole F.South East Queensland, QLD

One of the worst customer service experiences ever

tenwebb

tenwebbNSW, 2650

Never buy from Baby And Toddler Town

Jenny

JennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This company is a sham do not purchase from their online sale.

Won't be shopping again

Since having good experiences in store, I've placed two online orders. Both times items have been out of stock (while not being listed as so). Two months later I've had to ask for a refund (After twice being told two to three weeks wait on two different products). The only updates on my purchases were after I'd enquire- days or weeks later, if at all. I had to ask for the items that WERE in stock to be sent. Baby gear doesn't have a long usage life, what a waste of time.

Mrs K

Mrs KSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible Service & Now Spamming My Mobile

Service is slow, takes longer than what they quote to receive your products. I've asked them to stop sending me text messages but they keep doing it anyway! Company seems to care only about profit and not the customer experience.

Ardriana F.

Ardriana F.Darwin, NT

Extremely poor service. Missing pieces

Waited over 2 months for an item to be delivered. Items went on sale again to the public before mine were delivered. Once arrived parts were missing. Sourced missing parts myself as it just wasn’t worth the hassle of contacting them again.

No positive comments unfortunately. Plenty of baby shops out there for future purchases.

Sarah B

Sarah BSydney, NSW

Terrible service

I ignored the reviews and ordered a cot and a pram. What a surprise. Both out of stock. Money was taken but no communication on when the cot would be available for pick up. I am now stressed and worried as my big ticket items are in doubt of being here on time. The store has not even received my order 1 week after an online order. You CANNOT get through to these people on the phone. I was just put on hold and then phone down. Shameful.

JacquiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible; take your money but don't have the goods in stock

Avoid this place!

We purchased 3 items from the online store which was showing as in stock at the time. A day later we recieved an email stating 2 out of 3 items were out of stock and that we needed to wait 2 to 3 weeks, unacceptable! This company will sell you products that they undoubtedly know they have no stock of.

In the meantime, we missed out on a sale for the same items at a different store. We weren't offered a refund until we asked for it. Avoid this place!

Al R.asked

Hi everyone, Has anyone had any progress with speaking to Fair Trading?
I lost $1500 on a bugaboo, received an email saying it was on back order for 2-3 weeks, was provided a $50 voucher which I used and topped up with more money to order Bugaboo accessories, only to AGAIN receive an email saying all items were on back order 2-3 weeks (all paid for with debit card so my bank has no options for me).
From these reviews it appears the store was knowingly selling stock they never had or couldn't fulfill.
This appears to have been going on for 6 months +, which surely must be illegal?

Vab608

The company is in liquidation. Did you receive an email from them to advise the matter? Bad luck to me too, I lost $1010 for Egg stroller. I paid by Zip not credit card & could not get money back as could not dispute or reverse transaction. Extremely angry but ...what can we do?

Al R.

Yes I did.. I was more curious around whether fair trading could do anything as it sounds as though they had been trading insolvent with knowledge they had no stock for months and months... I cant believe we have no protection as consumers if not using credit!

Vab608

What did you pay to them? Credit card? Did you lodge any dispute? I know, they are worst than a theft. Trading no stock & trying to take our $$$ as much as possible... Now they priority pay for secured debtors, employees but not us...

Dakotaasked

Has anyone actually received there items?? Despite the mess around from the company?? Did you eventually receive it?

Rachael C.
Rachael C.

I haven’t received yet but they have dispatched it on the day they said they were expecting stock when I enquired, so fingers crossed I get it soon!

Dakota

I ended up getting a refund

Danielle W.
Danielle W.

I received only 2 out of 4 items I paid for.... 2 months later?!? Zero email correspondence, simply received a refund with no correspondence telling me the other two items were no longer on stock. Shocking service, I am so angry. Never ever shopping with them again.

Dakotaasked

Did anyone receive there refund ?

Snicklefritz
Snicklefritz

I have not received any response to my emails. I have lodged a complaint with fair trade.

Dakota

Thanks. I actually called them 3 times this morning, got a bit angry and they offered a refund. And I have now got my refund 3 hours later. I would definitely be calling them

Other Mother & Baby Shops