Babybee Rover

Pros

• Lightweight design

• Smooth to manoeuvre on a variety of surfaces

• Range of pram accessories included

• Suitable for Running Yes (0) · No (15)
  • Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage
Mel

Mel Victoria

It's good but I wouldn't choose it again

Purchased in July 2020.

Hayls

Hayls Western Australia

Pram good, customer service poor

Basically the title says it all. Pram is fine, took 2 weeks to arrive. Customer service was crap and because of that, I will not be purchasing from them again.

Purchased in November 2020 for $900.00.

RSG

RSGSydney, NSW

Prompt customer support

Prompt response by their CS team & replacement parts were sent quickly. Easily swapped over the Rover part and pram is up & running. Overall, i'm happy with the with support & product.

Babybee P.babybeeprams

So great to hear thank you!

NOT ALL TERRAIN!!

I bought the rover 2019 for my little one born September 2020.
Sadly did I miss on the page that nowhere does it state how it handles different terrains. I live in rural Victoria and this pram is so wobbly I have found it has almost flipped twice due to the wheels catching and spinning themselves.
The pram is not a one handed push either as if i try to push the pram with 1 hand the front wheels lock and pull to one side, I then have to stop lift the pram unclick the front wheels and put them back in for them to run smoothly again.
I worry so much for the safety of my child as I cannot trust that this pram won't lock or flip as it has a mind of its own.

Purchased in June 2020.

Safety
Daniel O'Leary

Daniel O'LearySydney, NSW

You get what you pay for.

Purchased in October 2020 at online for $875.00.

Kelsey

KelseyDarwin, NT

Nice but not perfect

Purchased in September 2020 at BabyBee online for $900.00.

Babybee P.Babybee

Thanks for the review Kelsey, you should be able to fold the ROVER without it touching the ground - so please email in to the team at hello@babybeeprams.com.au if you would like any further help.

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

From great to average.

It's a beautiful pram with simple functionality. Two biggest drawbacks: 1. The frame scratches way too easily. 2. The website doesn't accurately represent the height of the pram when seating toddlers. It's uncomfortable for them past around 1.5 years. Have a look at the photos of Emmy on the website for the height indication, poor kid is about to break her neck trying to fit into that pram.

Pram also creeks a lot and front wheels often have a mind of their own.

Overall I was really excited for this pram, but a year on and I'm not so sure anymore!

Purchased in June 2019 at Babybee website for $799.00.

Alison

AlisonPerth, WA

A good pram with a few minor issues

This is a good pram which is sturdy, easy to collapse and generally handles well. I find with the seat in the parent facing position the steering is a little more difficult and I can't manage with only one hand for long as I feel the centre of balance is a little off. My other minor issue is that I find the basket in not easily accessible from behind the pram, only in front. While not a huge problem, it would be great if this were accessible from both aspects.

Purchased in September 2020 for $800.00.

Hi Alison,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our ROVER... I will definitely pass on the basket access feedback to the team!
Cheers,
Babybee Team

JoH

JoHPerth, WA

Maybe I just didn't get lucky.

Purchased in July 2020 for $799.00.

AKS

AKSNortheast, VIC

Was disappointed with this pram

This pram is very clunky. Smooth on perfectly flat ground (Supermarket floors, new asphalt) - but anything with a bump or uneven surface is it terribly rough and noisy (ie. footpath, grass, dirt, gravel) I was told this is normal for the pram. My baby can’t sleep on walks unless I stick to the asphalt walking track as she wakes up with all the bumps - even on the footpath. It also pulls to the left and can not be pushed with one hand! Difficult to enjoy a coffee on your walk when you can’t hold coffee and push and can’t sit in cup holder with all the bumps! Also my baby is 3 months old and too long for the bassinet, the seat is not supposed to be used until 6 months old. The brake is also sticky at times. Very disappointed with this pram!

Jess

JessLaunceston, TAS

Love it! Not for everyone though so make sure it ticks the boxes you need

Purchased in April 2019 for $749.00.

Babybee P.Babybee

Thanks so much for taking the time to review, Jess!

Review collected in partnership with Babybee

Jf G.

Jf G.Sydney, NSW

Good price but average pram. Too heavy, weak front wheels and not easy to carry it. We were expecting more for sure

Performance 4/10
Suspension 4/10
Child comfortability 8/10

As a general result, other brands seem to be more reliable and that’s why you don’t see more babybee prams anywhere else.

I am starting to think that the reviews we read were not real as they were too good

Purchased in March 2020 for $800.00.

Lydia B.

Lydia B.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointed with maneuverability,

Wheels are terrible to glide over anything uneven, even a very slight change in surface, this was my biggest issue. It's very squeaky which can be a bit annoying like listening to an old clapped out car, have only used on road and pavements. Features I enjoyed were being able to set the stroller or bassinet forward or rear facing and positioning of stroller incline/decline. The material is quite hard wearing also. But other features that need attention are the basket being too small and coming away from the pram when opening/closing. The canopy needs to be longer to cover bub when trying to sleep.

Purchased at Babybee for $750.00.

Nele A.

Nele A.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Good enough pram

Purchased in June 2019 for $749.99.

Babybee P.Babybee

Great price but heavy and small seat

I bought this pram as it looked great and was very good value for money.

After using the pram for a little while I found the steering heavy and the seat small. My little one was almost touching the canopy at 8 months. Compared to some of my new mum-friends prams I found this a little disappointing, even though a good price.

Purchased in March 2018.

michellek

michellekGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

This is my 2nd pram for my second child and can say my previous pram was much better. Its definitely not compact and takes up most of my car boot. Also compared to my other pram its a little clumsy to fold and in two parts. On carpet was beautiful but once we went outside started to rattle. Also be aware of the return policy, once you take it on any surface apart from carpet they will not accept it back

Purchased in January 2019.

Exact same pram but cheaper from Baby Bunting called Panorama

I recently bought the Rover trying to support an Australia company but found the exact same product in baby bunting under another brand. I mean identical I put both prams side by side and the baby bunting one is $100 less. After reading the babybee website again, they are definitely not Australian designed, and they just import them from china. The lady in baby bunting told me yes other brands have it I guess I thought I would buying some unique.

Am I happy with the purchase, if you are looking for a cheaper pram that looks good, but slightly flimsy and bulky, then yes. However I wish I just saved $100 and went straight to baby bunting..

Purchased in March 2019 for $749.99.

Babybee P.Babybee

Looks good, but functionally flawed

The suspension is good, and it performs well on different terrains. Baby is comfortable, although recline is awkward for sleeping with the knees raised above torso.
The liner keeps slipping down and won’t stay in place. The brake bar is in an awkward position and I keep kicking my toes.
It is still large when collapsed and takes up the majority of my car boot. Removing the seat prior to collapsing is awkward.
The covers on the harnesses keep sliding off.
It looks good and is made of good quality materials.

Purchased in August 2019 for $670.00.

Hi There,
We are sorry to hear that the ROVER is not proving to be the perfect fit for you. If there is anything that we can do to make your experience with the pram easier, please do contact us at hello@babybeeprams.com.au
Best,
Team Babybee

Tal2019
Tal2019
jak2015

jak2015Perth, WA

Nice looking pram, decent quality but bulky and takes up a lot of space in my boot.

My husband has complained from the beginning about the space this takes up. Now, I have agreed to downsize to a compact pram.

I have a BMW X6 with decent boot space but it still takes up a lot of room in there.

It is also annoying to have two parts to assemble every time, but if you are researching prams that is a choice to consider. It is a beautiful pram and does run smoothly. The liner was a bit ugly, in my opinion but you can buy custom ones.

Purchased in March 2018 at BabyBee for $649.00.

Rover returned - poor build quality

Purchased in December 2018 for $600.00.

Review collected in partnership with Babybee

Catherine

Catherineasked

Rover

Hi when will the version 2021 coming out? Thanks

Babybee P.Babybee

Thanks for your question!

Feedback from the 2019 model ROVER has been really positive (plus we just won the ProductReview award for best 4 wheel pram!).

The product team is discussing some minor cosmetic changes to the ROVER, however, any new model wouldn't be expected until at least the middle of the year.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have any other questions by emailing us at hello@babybeeprams.com.au - we're here to help!

Catherine

Catherineasked

Rover

Can you get a hook on the pram and hook your own bag on it?

Kylie Jean Garcia
Kylie Jean Garcia

I think you can - yes. But I didn’t worry about it because there’s so much room underneath to put your nappy bag and the pram also comes with a detachable handlebar bag to fit phone, wallet, coffee, baby accessories in should you want them close at hand.

Babybee P.Babybee

Hi! Thanks for your question! We do recommend just using the provided handlebar bag on our prams - our ROVER has a handlebar weight limit of 1kg, and our DUO2 has a limit of 2kg. There are also lots of pockets and plenty of room in the basket to pop all your essentials and more! I hope this helps, but please contact us at hello@babybeeprams.com.au if you have any other questions - we are here to help!

Krystal D.

Krystal D.asked

Rover 2019

Hi there, just wondering if there are any plans of creating canopy colour packs for the rover 19? Similar to what’s available for the discontinued comet range? Thanks

Babybee P.Babybee

Hi Krystal! We don't have anything coming, but I will pass on the suggestion to the product development team, they are always looking for customer feedback and suggestions.

Get an answer from our members and Babybee representatives

Features:

• Newborn-friendly, and can be used by infants 0-4 years old
  • Suitable for using as a travel system. If you purchase a bundle, this includes a compatible car capsule and adaptors, along with the pram. You can also purchase the compatible capsules separately, the range of which includes the popular Maxi Cosi Citi and Maxi Cosi Titan baby capsules.
  • Lightweight and compact design weighs in at 10.9kg
  • Choice of three fabric colours; grey, black and sage
  • Includes several pram accessories with every purchase, including a UPF 50+ seat cover, rain cover, seat liner, harness covers, and a handlebar bag.

Points of praise for the Babybee Rover:

• The most outstanding feature that reviewers raved about was the easy manoeuvrability of this pram. One reviewer commented, ‘…I can literally move the pram with one finger. So smooth!’ while another stated, ‘A breeze to operate.’
  • The lightweight design also made the Babybee a pleasure to handle on a daily basis
  • The compatible capsule was straightforward and non-fiddly, with one reviewer commenting that it ‘clicks perfectly into the pram conversion brackets’
  • Ease of assembly was appreciated by a number of reviewers
  • For a four-wheeler pram, the Babybee Rover made small work of manoeuvring more left-of-field surfaces, including dirt tracks. It was described by one reviewer as being ‘farm-life tested.’
  • Many reviewers appreciated the aesthetic of their pram, and were proud to display it in public.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

All this praise can’t go unacknowledged. Accordingly, the Babybee Rover has won a 2021 Award for Best 4-Wheeler Pram. Its highest scores were awarded for its excellent manoeuvrability and value for money.

Compare both Babybee Rover

Seating TypeSingleSingle
Suitable Age0+ months6+ months
Max User Weight 20 kg20 kg
Seat OrientationReversibleReversible
Bassinet CompatibleYes (Included)Yes (Sold Separately)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adaptersYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Wheel MaterialSolid
Weight13 kg11 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Folded Dimensions45 x 58 x 87 cm50 x 58 x 78 cm