Oricom BabySense

Oricom BabySense (page 2 of 8)

JaimeePerth

Peace of mind

Monitor is easy to set up, has excellent sound and a clear visual screen. The vibrate alert with additional volume options is excellent to wake Mum but not Dad (who needs to get up and work) overnight, however we can turn it up if necessary. The breathing sensors are an additional feature we haven’t yet needed to use but once bubs is rolling we will be and have tested them and feel confident about their use. Highly recommend.

Jaimee

Thank you. We still have a while to go until then but appreciate the reminder. Thanks

Blake

BlakeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good alarm with some flaws

Easy setup and loud alarm.
The alarm doesn’t trigger if you have the ceiling fan on any speed above the lowest, this makes it a challenge to use in summer.
There is a really bright blue strobe light on the unit, this is extremely annoying and we’ve had to cover it with electrical tape so it’ll stop waking our baby.

Would have preferred it to be wireless so we can monitor it from anywhere in the house. Plus any false alarms (ie when dream feeding) would be alerted in our main bedroom rather than waking the baby when you’re trying to be quiet.

Oricom I.Oricom

Brilliant Monitor worth the investment.

The Oricom BabySensor 2 is absolutely brilliant for peace of mind for baby with in-build breathing and motion sensors alarming you if any indication occurs. Much better than other brands on the market, leader in design, great product I couldn’t do without with a new baby especially while I’m sleeping. I feel rested and assured this is just wonderful!!

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Rebecca, thanks for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Babysense2. All the best with your future use, Oricom Baby Care.

Becc

Becc

Saved my son's life

We use the baby sense breathing sensor and the other night our 5 mo son rolled on to his face in his sleep and didn’t roll back. He was suffocating and not breathing properly and the alarm alerted us, saving our sons life. I’m so, so thankful! We have since purchased a second for his other cot in our room.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Becc, thanks so much for the message and review. We are glad to hear of your story and appreciate you taking the time to let others know of the experience with Babysense2. We wish you all the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Wouldn’t raise a baby without it

Super easy to set up and really helps put my mind at ease. Thankfully have never had the alarm go off but when testing it the alarm is loud and would definitely wake us up. We own a few oricom products and they have all exceeded our expectations. Would definitely recommend

Oricom BabySense2

We have been using the Oricom Sense2 for approx 2 months now and think its a great little device. The camera quality is great and is really convinient in a double story house when baby is sleeping upstairs. Would love for the battery to be a little stronger and longer in duration but very happy with the purchase!

JonWodonga

Randomly misfires, poorly designed.

We got this for peace of mind, but it's actually MORE stressful to have.

Firstly, it sometimes goes off with the baby in the cot/bassinet, when the baby is completely fine (even when awake/moving about. Some pressure sensor if it can't detect a baby rolling over)

Secondly, sometimes when you take the baby out, it DOESN'T go off. We picked the baby up the other day and went to feed him, only to have the alarm go off about 8 minutes later.

Lastly, the module ONLY has batteries, with no option for plugging power in directly. Not exactly a sturdy design when you're using it to warn you of your baby potentially dying. The batteries should be the backup option, not the main power supply.

Jon

We undertake the performance test as needed according to the user guide. We still have the issue. The batteries are also brand-new, so it cannot be chalked up to low power issues.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Jon, we would love to work with you to determine what is happening here. Please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Mandy12Perth, WA

Good product for peace of mind

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Mandy, thanks for the message. Thanks for the review and for taking the time to provide that feedback which will be discussed for future product development. We wish you all the best with your future Oricom product use. Oricom Baby Care.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Mandy, thanks again for the valuable feedback. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Lana

Lana

Biggest cause of stress for new parents

Chan

ChanNew South Wales

Terrible, please don't waste your money!!

This is a terrible product! It went off numerous times per night!! Our baby was perfectly fine, we ended up having to take it off because we as first time parents were stressing so much about it our midwife advised to get rid of it and said they do NOT recommend having one.

Doesn't work in bassinette

Andrea

AndreaSydney

Works as expected

I bought this product as an additional safety measure to alert me when there's something wrong with bub. So far, it has always alerted me when bub was taken out of the cot while it's on.

In terms of set-up the Grotime cot allowed an easy set-up, no need for screws.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Andrea, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your experience with the Babysense 2 and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care

Elmo

ElmoShellharbour

Only one flaw

This is excellent product and it has only one flaw in my opinion. It would need third sensor pad to cover the whole cot/bassinet and thus prevent false alarms when bob manages to get into corner far enough from the sensor pad. Maybe the issue will resolve itself as the baby grows but for our 13 month old we still get the occasional false alarm. Lucky not too many as the engineer in me optimised the sensor pad locations and marked them with sharpie on the cot.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. Importantly, the Babysense2 is only designed for use from 0-12 months. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Libby D

Libby D

Gives me the reassurance I need!

This is such a wonderful product. Having such accurate sleep sensors puts my mind at ease and I am confident in resting and completing household tasks while my baby sleeps. The 20 second warning is also a great reminder to not only check on baby but also to turn the sensor off before the alarm sounds.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Libby, thanks so much for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Quality Assured

Quality AssuredPerth, WA

Good, but the out of range alarms are killing me...

We have been happy with this product for our son’s cot. Pros include being able to secure it to our son’s bassinet and then cot with ease. Cons once your baby starts moving around the cot (6months plus) you will have to disconnect the alarm, or be woken up every hour... Also, it often goes off in the middle of the night stating “out of range” even though it hasn’t been moved and we live in the room less than 1 metre from the cot.
Overall, for the price it has been good and it helped ease my worries when our baby first moved into his own room :).

Brilliant

Brilliant. Perfect for peace of mind.

Yes I have had a couple of occasions where it was a false alarm but that more then makes up for all the other times. These were more when I moved my child to cot and she would curl up in the corner of the bed and it would trigger the alarm as she was off the senses.

In fact I think there was one time where my newborn may have actually stopped breathing and this alerted me to it.

It's invaluable!

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Anne, thanks for the message and for the honest review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Alison82

Alison82Gosnells

Non stop false alarms!

Marlene S.Oricom

We are sorry to hear of, your experience with the Oricom Babysense2. Our Support Manager will contact you today to discuss this further.

belsSydney, NSW

A little annoying...

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Bels, thanks for the update. If you need to discuss anything, please feel free to give Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will able to discuss with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

umop3pisdn or Alex

umop3pisdn or AlexBrisbane

Safety First!

Very happy with this monitor system, just need to keep our little one ON the sensors (she can't crawl yet but still manages to move all around her cot!) The only possible issue I have is if the pedestal fan is blowing on the cot, the alarm doesn't trigger. I took our daughter out, forgot to turn it off and left the fan on. Came back in about 10min later to turn the fan off, 20sec later, alarm went nuts. So great product, just leave the fan on oscillate, not blowing directly at the cot/bassinet.
Oh yeah, would be good if the sensor leads were just a little longer, we hang the base unit from the bottom of the side rail on the cot but the leads just need to be about another 10cm longer so it's not such a tight fit.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of the experience you have had and have passed your feedback on. Thanks and all the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Cagey

CageySydney

Feel safe with this in the nursery room

We use this with the Oricom Secure710 Digital monitor. The 710 is use for video and sound. And the Sense2 is for movement monitor. Really have to have these 2 working together. Works as expected, never had any issues. It's highly sensitive, which is great. This is what we wanted. Without these product, we could sleep at night. Great product.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of the experience you have had with both the Babysense2 and the SC710. All the best with your future use, Oricom Baby Care.

Zoe

Zoeasked

Hi I have a sc710 (very happy with it), now I'm wanting to add another camera and need to find the right combination. I want to have vox on both cameras. Is there a product combination that will work without any interference issues?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Zoe, thanks for the message. The SC710 is multi camera capable, but the VOX mode does not work the same in multi camera mode. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Disappointed26

Disappointed26asked

What is the difference between the Oricom 2 and 7 baby monitors?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. The Babysense7 is a smaller more compact control unit, with a more sleek aesthetic. The visual light indicator has changed from blue to green. Both units utilise two sensor pads which are placed under the babys mattress, and are both classified as a medical device on the ARTG. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Chele

Cheleasked

We have been using the babysense for about 3 months and the last 2 nights we have had 3 false alarms. We do the check daily and the alarms have gone off well after it's been switched on, this morning bub was moving and chatting when it was going off. Do you have any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Chele, thanks for the message. The Babysense is an extremely sensitive device and installation has to be perfect as per the User Guide instructions. As you mentioned, it is important that daily checks are made on the device, as per instruction on page 11. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot and assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors