Baccarat IconiX

Baccarat IconiX Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Baccarat

8 questions from our users

SandyFigsasked

Which is better? Baccarat or Scanpan?

Wendy Jones
Wendy Jones

the older Baccarat cookware I have is fantastic, but as I am starting to replace it, I find the newer Baccarat IconiX is not of the same quality. It marks really easily and not able to be removed, and not as non stick. The Scanpan frypans I have I cannot fault

SandyFigs

Thank you. This has made my decision a lot easier to make now.

Matisse A.
Matisse A.asked

Inevitably they have oil burn marks.. any idea how to get rid of these ? Can I use easy off bam? A scoured isn’t cutting it

Wayne Carveth
Wayne Carveth

I don't know that product you used but I used Essteele Stainless & Copper Cleaner with a moist paper towel & got a shiny finish. I don't know if it's still available. I learned that you never turn the gas up high even if you want fierce cooking. If the flame stays on the thick part of the pan, you don't get scorching. If you want a lot of heat let the pan get real hot with a moderate flame before you put your stuff in.

Tyagita
Tyagita

I use 'bar keepers friend' from Woolies. Works perfectly. Apply enough oil into inner wall and base of the pan and let them hot before adding the food also help reduce the burn marks.

P. M.asked

Have not used stainless steel pots & pans before. Am interested in the IconiX 28cm sautepan and the IconiX 24cm stockpot, but as I prefer slow cooking over a low to medium heat, and have a gas stove, I was wondering if the IconiX stainless steel pots & pans are suitable for that? Heard that high heat is required for stainless steel otherwise food sticking is an issue.

Peter B18

I got my first IconiX pan off gumtree. Guy selling it said food kept sticking. Took it home, researched it and found it was in the method.
I heat the pan, then add oil (I use grape seed oil - very little added flavour). When oil is hot (flick a couple of drops of water in, when they sizzle and pop it’s ready), add food.
As soon as you’ve plated the food cover pan with water and stand until ready to wash. Dish brush should move most muck, but stainless steel pad will get rid of any stubborn bits.
I have since bought a set of IconiX pots and a smaller pan.
Oh, gas is fine, the base bonding spreads the heat well. I also have one of those enamelled steel heat diffuser plates to really lower the heat (I like my steak cooked very slowly on low heat)

P. M.

Thanks - really appreciate your help.

KTkelly
KTkelly

Your comment on the method was helpful. I’m a little worried about stir frying with stainless steel over non-stick cookware.

Kim I.asked

Are the induction Stainless steel version over proof?

Peter B18

I imagine you are asking if the IconiX pots and pans are oven proof.
There is no reason why not, save that they all have longish handles which might inhibit space in the oven

Thanks for your reply.
I can confirm they are as I needed to place it in the oven. My concern was if it would effect the induction system. I can confirm that it did not. So all good!

Bellaasked

Why does my pot appear damaged and pitted after one use? It was not burned or cleaned harshly. It was used to make potato soup. This is the worst cookware l have ever come across. I’m stunned, Kmart preforms better. Please tell me that it’s faulty...

Bella

Since writing this on closer inspection there are spots on the surface of my fry pan and unused pot. Will be returning these

Peter B18

Yeah, sounds like a manufacturing fault. I recently bought a whole new set of IconiX saucepans (only had frying pans up till now). No problems with them.
I’d suggest that you never clean them with Jif or other pastes. They are made using pumice as the abrasive component and will scratch the pot surfaces. The “harshest” I use is a stainless steel wool pad + detergent

Bella

Agree l never use that just washing up soap daughter did use a sponge with green back scourer on the fry pan but not the pot. I think it could be air pockets during the final firing/sealing. I think l was just really disappointed but l am following up for a replacement

Amber H.
Amber H.asked

We have just purchased a range of pans and our food is sticking to the bottom. We are trying to learn how to cook at the best with these pans as we know that these are good. Can you use stainless steel utensils on these pans? On the instructions it advises you not to.

Peter B18

I have 2 iconiX frying pans . I heat the pan then the oil. Then the food (lower heat due to excellent conductivity of heat through base). After dishing out food, cover cooking area with water. Any food stuck to pan then comes off in wash (after the meal). I use stainless steel pad if food stuck or oil scorched on. I also use SS utensils without any apparent damage.

Gaynor
Gaynorasked

My fry pan is brand new and everything is sticking quite badly

1 heat the pan before adding oil or food - about a minute
2 add oil, allow to heat
3 add food, start the cooking process
4 turn heat down a bi - the base spreads heat so well you don't need it quite as hot
5 after turning cooked food out , cover cooking area with water and set aside. wash as per normal with other dishes
6 if you have to scrub, use a stainless steel pad

sheigh
sheighasked

what temperature will the lid brake when cooking on the stove?

my memory says it will withstand 259C (480F) in the oven

Get an answer from our members and Baccarat representatives

Other Cookware & Fryware Products