Baccarat IconiX

Baccarat IconiX

See the Best Cookware & Fryware Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Baccarat

not happy

Most of my cookware is Baccarat, which I have had for many years, and perfectly happy with it. But I recently bought 2 fry pans, and I have been disappointed. They discolour on high heat, and this can't be remedied. The non stick is not so non stick. The quality has deteriorated but the price is still the same. The wok also can't handle high heat

Still on trial

I am unhappy as the saucepans have developed white spots on the base of the pan and one is browning on m 9ne side of tbe inside vase of the pan.looks like rust. I love the pans just concerned i have not got quite the right product i was after.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

SandyFigsasked

Which is better? Baccarat or Scanpan?

Wendy Jones

the older Baccarat cookware I have is fantastic, but as I am starting to replace it, I find the newer Baccarat IconiX is not of the same quality. It marks really easily and not able to be removed, and not as non stick. The Scanpan frypans I have I cannot fault

SandyFigs

Thank you. This has made my decision a lot easier to make now.

Matisse A.
Matisse A.asked

Inevitably they have oil burn marks.. any idea how to get rid of these ? Can I use easy off bam? A scoured isn’t cutting it

Wayne Carveth
Wayne Carveth

I don't know that product you used but I used Essteele Stainless & Copper Cleaner with a moist paper towel & got a shiny finish. I don't know if it's still available. I learned that you never turn the gas up high even if you want fierce cooking. If the flame stays on the thick part of the pan, you don't get scorching. If you want a lot of heat let the pan get real hot with a moderate flame before you put your stuff in.

Tyagita
Tyagita

I use 'bar keepers friend' from Woolies. Works perfectly. Apply enough oil into inner wall and base of the pan and let them hot before adding the food also help reduce the burn marks.

P. M.asked

Have not used stainless steel pots & pans before. Am interested in the IconiX 28cm sautepan and the IconiX 24cm stockpot, but as I prefer slow cooking over a low to medium heat, and have a gas stove, I was wondering if the IconiX stainless steel pots & pans are suitable for that? Heard that high heat is required for stainless steel otherwise food sticking is an issue.

Peter B18
Peter B18

I got my first IconiX pan off gumtree. Guy selling it said food kept sticking. Took it home, researched it and found it was in the method.
I heat the pan, then add oil (I use grape seed oil - very little added flavour). When oil is hot (flick a couple of drops of water in, when they sizzle and pop it’s ready), add food.
As soon as you’ve plated the food cover pan with water and stand until ready to wash. Dish brush should move most muck, but stainless steel pad will get rid of any stubborn bits.
I have since bought a set of IconiX pots and a smaller pan.
Oh, gas is fine, the base bonding spreads the heat well. I also have one of those enamelled steel heat diffuser plates to really lower the heat (I like my steak cooked very slowly on low heat)

P. M.

Thanks - really appreciate your help.

KTkelly
KTkelly

Your comment on the method was helpful. I’m a little worried about stir frying with stainless steel over non-stick cookware.

Get an answer from our members and Baccarat representatives