Bakers Delight Cape Seed

Bakers Delight Cape Seed Questions & Answers

6 questions from our users

Sam

Samasked

Is it good for diebetics

Mel

Melasked

Do you think the large cape seed loaves have got smaller? I am able to fit a slice in my toaster now but previously couldn’t.

Harrisonasked

Does Cape bread have any added oils - it doesn’t appear to the high fat seemingly coming from the seeds which is good?

MB

MBasked

Is the flour used in this bread made by recombining white flour with the bran and wheatgerm (removed during milling). If so do you sell any bread that uses whole grain wheat flour (ground into flour and not compartmentalised)?

Kim

Kimasked

Is Cape Seed bread diet bread

Mali Hale
Mali Hale

At 125 calories a slice I would not consider this to be a 'diet'bread.

Harrison

With 26 percent fat I can’t see it being good for a reduction diet; it tastes so good because it’s high in fat - compare six inch sub which is five percent fat. See what I mean.
I believe the fat you eat is the fat you wear but the Keto people debunk that belief.
Hope this helps.

Joy warryasked

In Alan borusheks calorie counter book on page 58 it says the cape seed bread has no carbs. Is this correct? regards Joy Warry

gudzwabofer
gudzwabofer

You can find the nutrition information here:
It does have carbs, but it's about 1/2 of what most breads have, putting it at the same level as other breads marketed as low carb. Also because it's very high in fibre, protein, and essential fatty acids, much of its energy is going to be metabolised quite slowly. I'm not sure if a calorie counter book uses some sort of formula which takes all this into account, personally I try to take into account the full nutritional profile. I buy the cape seed loaf when I can because it packs a fair percentage of the RDIs for many macro and micro nutrients, for a comparatively low carb count, and most of these come from whole food sources, meaning they're less prone to oxidation and are usually better absorbed than the supplement powders added to most fortified foods. Just make sure you chew it well to break up most of the whole flax seeds.

Joy warry

The Alan borusheks says zero carbs which is incorrect.zero carb means zero carb. A half carb content of a loaf of anormal bread means approx 10 carbs, which is not zero carb

Get an answer from our members and Bakers Delight representatives