Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A2 Active

Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A2 Active

See the Best Portable Speakers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bang & Olufsen? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.8
Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute Rubbish

This speaker was great when first purchased but the shine quickly wore off.
The battery life is terrible and acknowledged by B&O but it’s basically..”we have your money; too bad, so sad!”. Really not impressed with the production quality with the A2 and even less when dealing with B&O.
This is supposed to be a portable speaker but it’s not seeing that it needs to be plugged into a power supply all the time.
Replaced the battery after a complete failed and it still doesn’t work.
Don’t waste your money with B&O. Buy a Sonos instead.

Purchased in February 2017 for $499.

Mgas
MgasSydney, NSW

Looks good but poor battery life

I love all of my B&O speakers but this one has been disappointing. The battery just doesn't last so you have to keep it permanently plugged into power source. Does't make it so useful as a portable speaker.

Purchased in June 2017 for $450.

GregMaleny

Dont Buy this speaker if you want battery life!!

I totally agree with all of the previous reviewers comments.
The battery lasts between 1.5 and 2 hrs at about 60% volume then drops to low power mode ie barely audible. when Bang and Olufsen were contacted regarding this issue they used corporate speak to explain that the advertising actually says "UP TO 20 hours battery life" as a way of avoiding giving a refund which I pushed very hard over a series of emails.
Bang and Olufsen then agreed to transport my speaker to their repair centre for testing following which I was told that the battery tested according to company specifications. So there you have it. No refund ... no replacement...no battery life is their policy, and is apparently acceptable to them.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
S. IKEUCHI
S. IKEUCHI

Great speaker!

This is a great speaker. The sound quality is fantastic. This speaker is so stylish. A bit pricy but get it on sale and you wouldn't regret it! We've had it for 2+ years now and the battery still runs for several hours - although it's never been actually measure.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Portable Speakers

Find out how Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A2 Active compares to other Portable Speakers

Cam. JHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic Speaker

The A2 Active is an amazing speaking with suburb sound quality give huge range of depth in its speaker set up. Good bass and its design is simple yet elegant. It's has decent volume levels and works well with all devices. Only down side is it does not have the 24 hour charge cycle as advertised. I get about 6 to 8 hours on medium level sound. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedDec 2017