Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A2 Active

Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A2 Active

3.2

Mgas

MgasSydney, NSW

Looks good but poor battery life

I love all of my B&O speakers but this one has been disappointing. The battery just doesn't last so you have to keep it permanently plugged into power source. Does't make it so useful as a portable speaker.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$450.00.

GregMaleny

Dont Buy this speaker if you want battery life!!

I totally agree with all of the previous reviewers comments.
The battery lasts between 1.5 and 2 hrs at about 60% volume then drops to low power mode ie barely audible. when Bang and Olufsen were contacted regarding this issue they used corporate speak to explain that the advertising actually says "UP TO 20 hours battery life" as a way of avoiding giving a refund which I pushed very hard over a series of emails.
Bang and Olufsen then agreed to transport my speaker to their repair centre for testing following which I was told that the battery tested according to company specifications. So there you have it. No refund ... no replacement...no battery life is their policy, and is apparently acceptable to them.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
S. IKEUCHI

S. IKEUCHI

Great speaker!

This is a great speaker. The sound quality is fantastic. This speaker is so stylish. A bit pricy but get it on sale and you wouldn't regret it! We've had it for 2+ years now and the battery still runs for several hours - although it's never been actually measure.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Portable Speakers

Find out how Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A2 Active compares to other Portable Speakers

Cam. JHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic Speaker

The A2 Active is an amazing speaking with suburb sound quality give huge range of depth in its speaker set up. Good bass and its design is simple yet elegant. It's has decent volume levels and works well with all devices. Only down side is it does not have the 24 hour charge cycle as advertised. I get about 6 to 8 hours on medium level sound. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Matt O

Matt OSydney

Buyer Beware!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Anna

Annaasked

Hi there
I just change battery in my speaker and when I put the cable on for charging the light is not on. Now you can’t even turn off the speaker. So I put my old battery back think maybe new one is no good. With the old one is the same story. I can’t turn off the speaker. What is going on
Anna

Sorry to say but the batteries are terrible. that's the reason I sold my B & O

Greg

Yes I agree with CamJ I went through a long and protracted disagreement with B &O about this and had no joy! I still have this speaker and it is still terrible. It turns itself off after about 90 minutes of play at reasonable volume and will not go back to full volume until it is fully charged! I hate it but would not sell it to anyone else because I do have a moral compass! Oh btw it doesn’t even make any difference to performance if it is actually plugged into AC power it still powers down to low volume after 90 minutes of play time. I will never buy any B & O products again because of the way I was treated by their hierarchy.