Bank Australia Branches

Bank Australia Branches

Refinancing home loan

We've just completed refinancing our home loan to Bank Australia and are very happy with how it has gone. The process was very easy, and everything happened according to schedule. Brad from the Canberra branch was extremely helpful throughout the process, and was able to quickly and accurately answer all of our questions.

Review TypeLoan Application and New Account
Hi Elise, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you've recently refinanced with us! We're really pleased you found the process very easy and that Brad was so helpful. Thanks for choosing to bank with us! Bank Australia

Bank that does not know how to bank

Employees struggled to understand the purpose of setting up a trust. Despite having a copy of the trust deed, Bank Australia kept coming back with questions piecemeal about the purpose of the trust, the beneficiaries, all of which are made clear in the deed.
When all other banks are simplifying processes for customers, for some reason, Bank Australia under the guise of "safety" creates the most convoluted process in setting up internet banking for an account that is online transaction only. It involves calling the call centre, downloading apps that are not Bank Australia apps, waiting for a text message.
Shortly after opening my account, I noticed that the daily transfer limit was $2000. So I transferred the $2000, and scheduled the remainder for the next day. The second transfer was rejected with no reason provided even though the funds were available. The next day, i rang up the call centre to transfer this amount and it was completed successfully but the lady was unable to tell me why the scheduled payment was rejected. In the same call, I requested for the daily transfer limit to be increased to $5000. When time came to make another transfer, I could not even transfer $2000!!! I called to the call centre and some smart said well it's because your daily transfer limit is $2000. One, i could not even transfer $2000, and two, I have increased the daily transfer limit to $5000. Smart bum came up with some excuse that did not make sense but I did not press any further as it was just a time waiting effort.
Then another email asking about how the trust operates came and that was the last straw.
I wrote back with my feedback, and in the email asked for the account to be closed. I did not hear back for 3 days so I called the call centre to close the accounts.
After spending hours trying to deal with a thoroughly incompetent bank, for comparison purposes, Westpac was able to open my account, set up internet banking, talk about investment and asset protection strategies within my one hour appointment with a personal banker.
Bank Australia, your clean money campaign and conservation reserve mean nothing if as a bank, you can't even bank.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account
Hi Jhessikka L. thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear this was your experience. We'd like to look into this for future quality improvement. We'll send you a private message to get some more details. Thanks, Bank AustraliaI value my time and do not choose to invest any more time on Bank Australia.

Still don't have my debit card 2 weeks later

The customer service person was lovely but had to keep referring to other departments, that were apparently closed at 3pm on a business day, in order to help. I did not receive a follow up call the next day as promised and even though you instruct a company to send a debit card, you don't seem to know how to track it. Too bad as I like what you're about but your business practises should be as on point as your claims of sustainability.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Sandra, we're so sorry to hear we've disappointed you. We'd like to look into this for you and will send you a private message to get some more details. Thanks, Bank Australia

Emily

Been with them since it started as a credit union in 1970
Reliable yes
Emily at the Bendigo Branch is an asset as she is is very knowledgeable,friendly,cooperative and has an excellent example of what an employee should be.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Hi James, thanks so much for leaving a review. It is wonderful to receive this feedback. We're so pleased to hear that the Bendigo team has been so helpful throughout your journey banking with us. We'll pass your feedback to Emily. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's fantastic to have you as customers! Bank Australia

Fantastic customer service

I've been working with Michelle (and sometimes Tanya) from the Townsville branch for my first home loan.

The team have made everything so simple for me, in what can be quite an overwhelming experience. I've felt supported throughout and have been working with Michelle the whole way through - which helps!

The team work hard, are friendly and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Thanks for making my first home buy as easy as possible (and answering all my silly questions)!

Trustworthiness
Hi Nic, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's fantastic to hear you've taken out a home loan with us! We're really pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience. We'll pass the wonderful compliments onto the team at Townsville. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's fantastic to have you as a customer! Bank Australia

Great service, no hassle re-financing

Recently decided to refinance my home loan, and settled on Bank Australia due to their competitive rates, presence of a branch in town (Canberra), and good reviews from friends. Brad made the whole process fast and easy, didn't try and sell me things I didn't need, was flexible when there were a couple of hitches getting data through the automated processes, and kept me in up to date the whole way through. Highly recommended!

Review TypeLoan Application
Hi Erin, thanks for leaving such a wonderful review. It's fantastic to hear you've refinanced to us! We're really pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience. We'll pass on the wonderful compliments onto Brad. We're really pleased you support our values and our ethical banking approach. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's fantastic to have you as a customer! Bank Australia

The perfect home loan

When I was looking to buy a new home I came across Bank Australia, mainly because of the competitive home loan rate they offer. And I liked their reputation as "Sustainable Bank". Getting an appointment with Bank Australia's home loan manager in the Sydney CBD branch was incredibly easy, literally go there one day and have an appointment lunchtime the next day.

The initial discussion very soon locked down the type of loan and started the preapproval process. It's the typical paperwork, but nothing out of the ordinary. During the whole pre-approval process I found it very easy to get in contact with my loan manager, emails were promptly replied to and phone calls always either answered or called back without delay.

Once we found our property the home loan was processed super smoothly thanks to the thorough pre-approval process. It also happened in a very transparent way, leaving us in no doubt about the status of the application. Evaluations of the new property and our existing property were promptly forwarded to us. Things like setting up online banking and how to repay / extra repay / redraw are super easy and have been explained in person. Overall I found myself very well taken care of and left with no question throughout the process. I felt like my interest always came first and foremost in all discussions and a lot of effort was put into my loan application by the bank to make sure it is the right loan for me.

Right now, living in our nice new apartment, I feel like I absolutely do have the perfect home loan for my circumstances. Very happy with Bank Australia and their Sydney home loan manager and I can without hesitation recommend it to friends and family.

Review TypeLoan Application
Hi Marco, thanks so much for leaving a review. It's wonderful to receive this feedback. It's great to hear you've recently become a customer and that you had such a positive experience throughout the home loan application process. We're really pleased that our staff were very helpful and responsive during your journey buying your home. Thanks for choosing to bank with us! Bank Australia

Fabulous customer service

My dealings with Bank Australia have been through the Ringwood Branch, Eastland Shopping Centre.
My first experience with customer service was with Ms Carolyn Nix, Customer Service Consultant. In general banking matters, and with my elderly mother's Term Deposit transactions, she has been extremely helpful and advisory in sorting out a very delicate matter. Her patience and understanding has been much appreciated. She has followed up and called me back when she said she would. A very professional lady. A pleasure to do business with. We highly commend her as person to do business with

My second experience was in dealing with Ms Lani Swartz, Lending Department. This young lady was absolutely fabulous in dealing with my wife and myself. After 34 years of living at our previous address we, who are both seniors, had made the decision to move house. As you can imagine it is a anxious process at the best of times. Lani put us both at ease immediately. She explained the process of all the various interactions with money and costs and made sure that we completely understood everything before proceeding to the next matter or issue. She went to great lengths to ensure that we were not over committing ourselves or did not know where we were in the "money"train. When she said that she would follow up on something and get back to us she did so without any prompting or follow up calls on our part. She regularly interacted with our conveyancer, when they had any queries. She was our calming influence in the whole process when we had a few anxious moments. While she always interacted with us in a bright cheerful manner she always presented in a most professional manner. My wife and I had the utmost confidence in her work and the final outcome. We have now been in our new house 28 days and thoroughly love it. Lani made a very stressful exercise ( moving house) much easier to deal with. We highly recommend her for her diligence, her work ethic, her professionalism and her friendliness in this major transaction.
With great thanks to Lani.
Peter and Mary Hancock.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Hi Peter and Mary, thanks so much for leaving a review. It is wonderful to receive this feedback. We're so pleased Carolyn and Lani have been so helpful throughout your journey banking with us and that they were able to make delicate/stressful matters much easier. We'll pass your feedback to both of them. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's fantastic to have you as customers! Bank Australia