4.9

Morwell branche is the best

Morwell have Great customer service and very helpful staff and hope they stay to help the community in future development and all the workers work very hard in there each time I have walked in there

JAD

JADSydney, NSW

It just works - oh so well

It just works (online) oh so well. Rates are pretty good and service, when you need it, is great.

Only downside is live branches - just 1 in Sydney city - You don't need it very often .. but it is a pain when you do.

Jordan

JordanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Glad I Finally Made the Switch

Was a bit hesitant to change banks due to the headache I thought it would create. The team at Bank Australia have made it very easy to move across, wish I had done it sooner! Very smooth process, great communication, and got up and running in no time at all.

David C

David CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service

The Bank Australia lending team were responsive and responsible, making sure that my home loan was affordable and approved in a timely manner. And their rates and changes are low.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
RRR

RRRPerth, WA

The Only Environment Bank

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Ttmaree

TtmareeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Brilliant service

I left my other bank after seeing what Bank Australia stand for. The experience of setting up an account online is easy.
The information I received and follow up phone call was a pleasant surprise.
Highly recommended and a happy customer.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Wish we had changed banks earlier

We are currently in the process of moving all our banking from one of the big four banks to Bank Australia due to their ethical, environmental and sustainability credentials. The findings of the RC was the final trigger for us to do it. In all of our interactions with BA staff, they have been very friendly, helpful and accommodating, which has made this huge task a lot easier. We love their conservation project as well as their competitive products. Looking forward to being away from our Big 4 knowing BA clean money approach to loaning and investing money is aligned with our values and helps our daughter's future rather than harming it.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Kissing Cowboy

Kissing CowboyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great banking experience

Just joined bank and its fabulous. Service is excellent, timely and seamless which has become unusual over the years - so for the short time I've been a customer I'm pleasantly surprised and look forward to my future banking

Monica

MonicaThe Mallee, VIC

No after hours deposit chute

I have been banking at the Mildura branch for a number of years and the customer service is friendly and reliable. The only disappointing fact is that the bank doesn't have a deposit chute for after hours banking. This is quite frustrating when I work late, as I need to deposit money on certain days due to a loan commitment.

Mark R.

Mark R.Southwest, VIC

Divestment at its best!

Opened an account at a branch a few months ago, have been banking online and via the app ever since. Was great divesting my money away from the nasties that Westpac was supporting. Had divested my super a year earlier, wish I had known about Bank Australia sooner! The app makes my banking as easy as it ever was and I can conveniently withdraw cash without atm fees if I ever do need. No issues experienced so far, highly recommend.

Brenda B.

Brenda B.South East Queensland, QLD

Ethical, proactive and so easy!

I have recently joined this bank (three weeks) after reading about the ethical investments they target. Easy to join on-line, and really liked the proactive follow-ups via phone and email. Impressed that I can use standard ATM's for free!
The website and phone app is very customer friendly and clean in it's look. Loving it!

TopicATM Experience and New Account

George D

George DGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No problems

I have been a Bank Australia customer for many years. I was a CSIRO credit union member and when it was absorbed into MECU and then renamed BA, I maintained my accounts throughout. You become a shareholder of the bank when you open an account and their philosophy is members first and ethical banking. They run a good, tight, ethical operation and customer service is pretty good. Their one negative has been addressed. For a long time they only had two branches in Melbourne in locations which were not that accessible. They now have branches in a number of locations as well as the central business district. I have no reason to alter my banking....very happy with Bank Australia and they aren't one of the big four.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi George D, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. So glad to hear that you have stuck by us over the years and are happy with our service and philosophy :) Thanks - Bank Australia.

Excellent Customer service and friendly staff

Location Branch Castlemaine 3450.
Been a member for nearly 40 years.
I had a busy day and had been memorising my children's mobile numbers. I went to the ATM and muddled my pin. Knowing on third attempt I would lose my card I sought help. Staff member Fran promptly came out and helped me retrieve my card. We then went in and she helped me change my pin online. Of course when I got back home I remembered my old pin as well as all my children's mobile numbers!

TopicATM Experience
Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Linda, thanks for taking the time to leave us a positive review. So great to hear that you have banked with us for nearly 40 years, thank you for your continuous support :). Glad that you remembered the phone numbers too! Bank Australia.

Great friendly service

I started banking with Bank Australia back in the 90's when it was NWCC credit union in Victoria and I have been with them ever since. The staff are always professional and courteous, their investment/loan range is very competitive and more often than not, better than you would get elsewhere. Thank you Bank Australia for giving us a banking option that is better for the customers.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Kerrie, It’s fantastic to hear that you have always received such great service from us. As a customer owned bank we truly do put people before profit. Thank you for continuing to bank with us – Bank Australia.

Jcmc8

Jcmc8Perth, WA

A responsible, careful bank that cares & listens.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Jcmc8, thanks for taking the time to leave your great review and for supporting Bank Australia as a long time customer. Thanks, Bank Australia.

MarieC

MarieCFar North Queensland, QLD

Can't stop loving this bank - fair, reliable, awesome customer service

Worth the hassle

I have been with Bank Australia for a year now. It was something I’d wanted to do for years but was put off by the process but it’s definitely been worth while. Having started my working life in a bank 50 years ago I was daunted by online banking but B A have made the transition so easy I wish I’d done it years ago. I’ve found customer service staff to be very helpful understanding and patient. And above all to be knowledgeable and on the ball.
I very much like that B A customer service centre is located in a regional centre where unemployment and under employment are big issues.

Review collected in partnership with Bank Australia

I need a Bank such as this one.

Have been a customer since approx 1966
This bank is excellent to work with for customer assistance
As I use the On Line system, [ no branch near me ] I do not have any problems.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and Loan Application

Edi

EdiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Bank EVER!!!

I have been using Bank Australia for a couple of years now and never had any issues. If there were any questions, the knowledgeable staff helped me out in seconds. And the best thing about Bank Australia is that they don't support Alcohol, Tabaco, Gambling, Mining etc so I know that my values are respected!

S Smith

S Smithasked

Bank Australia

I get paid Tuesday when will it process

Alex

Alexasked

Hi,

Why do you have so many more reviews on this website than other banks (often much larger!). Do you direct your customers to leave feedback?

I'm looking for a new bank (sick of being with a Big 4) and I'm skeptical of your score as it seems potentially artificially inflated compared to other banks.

Alex.

Bex
Bex

I can’t answer for the bank - but as a customer I got very personalised service (ie phone calls during the process, regular updates etc).

My bank person said in the final email (settling the loan)there would be a link to review their service, and they’d appreciate any feedback.
It was up to me, no pressure.

Contrast to the other big banks I left (NAB, ANZ) - never once asked for feedback, different person every time I rang and having to repeat my enquiry multiple times.
Their names are so well known that they don’t care about online reviews I’m guessing.

Hi Alex! Great question!

Like Bex said, our lending team do ask their customers to leave a review (good or bad) and some new customers are asked to rate us too. These reviews are real people and we try to respond to every single one, including the ones with feedback on our processes and their experience with us, which is then fed back internally.

We hope that helps and we would love to welcome you as a new customer. Let us know if you have any other questions. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

[Update]

Hi again Alex. We checked in with Marketing and they let us know that some new customers are asked to rate us too. I apologise for the initial error and have edited our original answer. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

Phil L
Phil L

The loans are competitive, the bank has good customer service, and when new, it is great. Existing customers not treated as well, when the rate dropped, the gap appears between new and old customers. It was difficult to identify as the rates as different as it is easy to identify new rates and not as easy to find your existing rate. If the bank clears this up, I would recommend this bank to anyone as I don't pay fees and the staff are great.

sam

samasked

Bank Australia

Hi. I am Australian from Brisbane working overseas...am I eligible for a home loan to buy a house for my wife and kids in Brisbane? Thanks you.
Please reply to samsydney2165@gmail.com

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Sam. We've asked our Lending team to get in touch. Please delete this query as your email is publicly listed. Thanks, Bank Australia team.

Get an answer from our members and Bank Australia representatives