Bank Australia

Great Communication - Very Responsive!

I filled out a car loan application online and within a day I was contacted by Bank Australia by Mariah. I liked how she was my constant contact throughout the whole process and was very responsive. The only thing I would have liked is if when I was conditionally approved I was given a break down of the amount of repayments and how they would work so that I could ponder it while I waited for full approval.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Brad Day is exceptional and we couldn’t be more content!

We worked with Brad to purchase our first home and he made the process so easy for us!
Brad is incredibly helpful, proactive and genuine. He called at every milestone and made sure we knew what was going on and anything we needed to do.
The process was so much less intimidating when it felt like we had a friend on our team!!

Excellent customer service

Recently applied for a personal loan to consolidate debts with bank Australia . From start to finish my lending consultant jade Moore was not only extremely helpful, knowledgeable and professional. But was also a pleasure to deal with.

Pauline E.

Pauline E.Sydney, NSW

Stressful process made easy!

I have held an account for over 30 years! I joined when it was a Credit Union and despite changing names and going from Credit Union to Bank, the service has kept me as a member. We recently decided to purchase a car and took out a car loan. Let's face it - dealing with money issues is always stressful!! The process was easy, the contact from our lender ( Rose) was outstanding and the service was fantastic! It was a great outcome and we are really pleased. Thanks again Rose, you are a super star!!

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent service, trusted institution.

We joined Bank Australia for its ethical investment chops, and have been amazed by the quality of service - our home loan consultant went over and above to support us through the process, answering every question we had in an incredibly timely fashion and always incredibly obliging.

Excellent service, great package

We chose the bank for the great ethics and we also got fantastic, personalised service throughout our loan application and set up. We had a dedicated, direct contact for the whole process, who was responsive, helpful, and friendly.

Ryan B

Ryan BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great experience.

Applied to Australia bank for a homeloan during the covid crisis and recieved fantastic service. My partner and I are extremely happy. We will be using Bank Australia again should we need it.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Carolyn B.

Carolyn B.South East Queensland, QLD

We love Bank Australia

We love Bank Australia. The ethics, the helpful staff, and knowing that they are member-focused. We have two house loans, numerous offset accounts and affiliated insurance for houses and cars etc. So happy with the service and social responsibility.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Home loan transfer

I transferred my home loan from another bank. The service from Bank Australia exceeded any banking experience I have ever had and I have dealt with many banks very often.

Car and Home Loan

I have been with this Bank for a while now, even before they weren't Bank Australia and they were Intech Credit Union and have always had a pleasant experience. We applied for a Car Loan and Home Loan recently and while CBA wanted to wait to give us final approval on our home loan, Bank Australia gave it to us 2 weeks earlier. They approved both loans at the same time and funded the car loan next day. They're a fantastic bank who is focused on the environment and customer service.

TopicLoan Application and New Account
Bonnie

BonnieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic service

Have been with Bank Australia for over a year now and have received consistently great service. Most recently by Lee in obtaining a car loan who was always available, helpful and super efficient. Highly recommend this ethical bank. I find comfort in knowing I am supporting positive community action rather than the mining of fossil fuels.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
GTM

GTMWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Great service & assistance

Have just gone through refinancing from another bank to Bank Australia. The process was extremely professional & efficient. My lending contact (Rachael Haley – Lending) was consistently helpful, patient & easy to deal with. She answered all queries promptly & clearly & made the process simple. Thank you.

Sam B.

Sam B.Southwest, VIC

An example of how banking should be

I applied for a home loan with Bank Australia. The process was all online which made the process so easy. I had a single point of contact who kept me updated and gave me all the information we needed. And they moved the process along quickly knowing the quick turnaround times we needed. Can't speak more highly of Bank Australia.

Super Fast Car Loan

I have been working with Bank Australia since last year and I am really happy with they service. I have applied a car loan and they were really responsive and fast.

AnneL

AnneLRichmond-Tweed, NSW

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

I have been a member for about 12 months now, I switched to Bank Australia as they are in line with my views and values. I found them when Animals Australia posted out an email titled "do you know where your money goes" and I didn't ! So I clicked on the link read lots stuff including that BA does not finance live animal exports and fossil fuels, and I just had to switch ! Everything was easy online.. My recent experience with the lending department to extend my c/c limit was outstanding, and Trey was fabulous, regular communication by email and phone was greatly appreciated. Thank you Trey. :-)

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Fast and confidental service

I have been with Bank Australia (and its precursor) since 1968. I have recently applied for an investment loan.
The staff have been fast, responsive, and confidential. They have also given me clear and precise information in order to complete the application.

Ben Farr

Ben FarrSydney, NSW

Excellent service! So easy!

I have moved across to Bank Australia recently and can only send praise for their service, attention and care. The process of moving a loan over is so incredibly easy and stress-free (and the rates were significantly lower than the bank I was with previously).

TopicLoan Application and New Account

Helpful and precise

The team at Bank Australia did everything in their power to help me through the lending process, making sure all the correct information was organised and sent through on time.

Guy
Guy

Specifically Mariah Foy. Very friendly and easy to talk to!

Bank A.Bank Australia

We will be sure to pass your compliments on to her!

Satisfied Customer

Satisfied CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a great experience, Trey was fantastic

The customer service from Trey was fantastic. He was able to answer all my queries and provided a very quick response. I am not a customer of this bank but would now seriously consider this.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Wonderful service online and on the phone

I have just signed up with Bank Aust and so far so excellent. My customer service consultant Vanessa Neuendorff has been amazing and always ready to help me asap. I would highly recommend them.

S Smith

S Smithasked

Bank Australia

I get paid Tuesday when will it process

Alex

Alexasked

Hi,

Why do you have so many more reviews on this website than other banks (often much larger!). Do you direct your customers to leave feedback?

I'm looking for a new bank (sick of being with a Big 4) and I'm skeptical of your score as it seems potentially artificially inflated compared to other banks.

Alex.

Bex
Bex

I can’t answer for the bank - but as a customer I got very personalised service (ie phone calls during the process, regular updates etc).

My bank person said in the final email (settling the loan)there would be a link to review their service, and they’d appreciate any feedback.
It was up to me, no pressure.

Contrast to the other big banks I left (NAB, ANZ) - never once asked for feedback, different person every time I rang and having to repeat my enquiry multiple times.
Their names are so well known that they don’t care about online reviews I’m guessing.

Hi Alex! Great question!

Like Bex said, our lending team do ask their customers to leave a review (good or bad) and some new customers are asked to rate us too. These reviews are real people and we try to respond to every single one, including the ones with feedback on our processes and their experience with us, which is then fed back internally.

We hope that helps and we would love to welcome you as a new customer. Let us know if you have any other questions. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

[Update]

Hi again Alex. We checked in with Marketing and they let us know that some new customers are asked to rate us too. I apologise for the initial error and have edited our original answer. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

Phil L
Phil L

The loans are competitive, the bank has good customer service, and when new, it is great. Existing customers not treated as well, when the rate dropped, the gap appears between new and old customers. It was difficult to identify as the rates as different as it is easy to identify new rates and not as easy to find your existing rate. If the bank clears this up, I would recommend this bank to anyone as I don't pay fees and the staff are great.

sam

samasked

Bank Australia

Hi. I am Australian from Brisbane working overseas...am I eligible for a home loan to buy a house for my wife and kids in Brisbane? Thanks you.
Please reply to samsydney2165@gmail.com

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Sam. We've asked our Lending team to get in touch. Please delete this query as your email is publicly listed. Thanks, Bank Australia team.

Get an answer from our members and Bank Australia representatives