Poor quality bank

still haven't received a card over a week later. Closing my account. Absolutely useless bank I can't access my money

I hate this bank. Have only been with it less than a week

Bree

BreeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Customer Service

I wanted to transfer to Bank Australia because of their ethical mission statement. They made it super easy for me and helped me through every step of the process. I had the same contact, Brad, through the whole thing and he was great from start to finish.

Rohan

RohanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic Service

I walked into the Fitzroy branch to sign up for some new accounts and Michelle made it as easy and enjoyable as possible. She was lovely, attentive and covered all bases. Even during the midst of COVID-19 she was a joy to speak with. Thanks for making my day :)

Mack M.

Mack M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So happy!

I had noticed some Bank Australia advertising on my socials and decided to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised by the banks mission statement and what they stand for. I have now transferred my car loan and savings from Bank Of Melbourne to Bank Australia and I coudn't be happier. I have dealt with 1 person the whole way through this process. This person is a credit to Bank Australia and is the reason I am writing this review. It is very rare to get this type of service and I can not speak more highly of this persons knowledge, efficiency and politeness. Very happy to be a Bank Australia customer now.

Roger W

Roger WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing service! The best digital banking app for small business.

Theresa from the Eastland branch was simply amazing! Theresa made the process of opening a business hassle free - compared to what I have experienced in the past with the Big 4 banks. From a design and user experience - Bank Australia does have one of the best digital banking apps around - especially for business customers. Features like push notifications for when your debit card is used or a payment is received, the ability to see you card details within the app - in case you do not carry your card with you and the ability to start using your new card straight away without having to wait for it to arrive in the mail. I highly recommend Bank Australia.

James C.

James C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

So glad I've moved to this bank.

Joined the bank over the phone (after reading Barefoot Investor) and the person on the other end was super helpful, friendly and informative. The app is far superior to either my or my partner's previous banks, and we feel so much better knowing we're not supporting fossil fuels. Full marks all around.

Chloe

ChloeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

New customer; very happy

Damian M.

Damian M.Gippsland, VIC

Bank Australia moe

Just joined this bank today at The Moe branch!
The staff were absolutely fantastic!! Help me out really well. Would highly recommend them for your banking NEEDS! great work girls! Lovely girls and great personality.

Friendly, helpful service!

Joined last week to move to a bank with less fees and better customer service - was not disappointed! Lawrence at the Castlemaine branch was fantastic, showing me all my options and explaining the differences between accounts etc. He also made sure I could use the app and answered any other questions.
Really happy to be with a bank with such excellent staff and good ethics behind them.

Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reinstating Account Process

Bank A.Bank Australia

Banking Never Felt So Easy & Good!

Member for a couple of weeks. Super reliable, friendly, personable service. Felt like i was talking to someone who cared and was happy to help me with my needs. I had originally been looking to open just a small business account & as a vegan its hard to find a bank that aligns with my ethics as closely as possible. But Bank Aus Does. Ive since switched all my personal banking over too and I'm super happy with the service and easy transition it has been. Thanks so much Bank Aus!

Ryan B

Ryan BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great experience.

Applied to Australia bank for a homeloan during the covid crisis and recieved fantastic service. My partner and I are extremely happy. We will be using Bank Australia again should we need it.

Caro

CaroSydney, NSW

The wonderful Luke Verrier - thank you!

Luke Verrier went above and beyond the call of duty to help me set up an account along with all the details required. After the doors had officially closed. Thanks!

Carolyn B.

Carolyn B.South East Queensland, QLD

We love Bank Australia

We love Bank Australia. The ethics, the helpful staff, and knowing that they are member-focused. We have two house loans, numerous offset accounts and affiliated insurance for houses and cars etc. So happy with the service and social responsibility.

Tamzine W.

Tamzine W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

5 star customer service

I’ve just joined creating a company account. The staff have been nothing but helpful and speedy with our application. Special mention to Michelle and Sharon at the Fitzroy branch. After 4 weeks wait from another bank, this experience was fantastic. So lovely to have helpful staff working with you and being so accommodating.

Car and Home Loan

I have been with this Bank for a while now, even before they weren't Bank Australia and they were Intech Credit Union and have always had a pleasant experience. We applied for a Car Loan and Home Loan recently and while CBA wanted to wait to give us final approval on our home loan, Bank Australia gave it to us 2 weeks earlier. They approved both loans at the same time and funded the car loan next day. They're a fantastic bank who is focused on the environment and customer service.

TopicLoan Application and New Account
Susie

SusieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really great bank to deal with.

Adrian Black

Adrian BlackGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

An ethical bank is my kind of bank.

I opened up an everyday and savings account with Bank Australia a few weeks ago, and with lockdown not allowing me to go into a branch, I was able to do the whole thing online. The process was seamless, and only took a few minutes. I chose Bank Australia for their reputation as an incredible ethical, and community owned bank - I'm not disappointed. They've already raised money for causes that are important to me and they are continuing to do so. I highly recommend Bank Australia for anyone what wants to invest their money in people and the planet.

Ben Farr

Ben FarrSydney, NSW

Excellent service! So easy!

I have moved across to Bank Australia recently and can only send praise for their service, attention and care. The process of moving a loan over is so incredibly easy and stress-free (and the rates were significantly lower than the bank I was with previously).

TopicLoan Application and New Account
Rhach V.

Rhach V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Bank with Great People!

I highly recommend Bank Australia because of their competitive rates, user-friendly online banking, and excellent customer service.

I'm a first home buyer in Melbourne and I chose to do my own home/construction loan application without the help of a broker. My lending consultant, Conan Fernandes assisted me all throughout the process. He is knowledgeable with the product, professional, friendly and considerate. Conan went out of his way just to finalise the application and guide me in all the steps.

Thank you Bank Aus and Conan for an outstanding customer service and for helping me to settle my land on time. ♥️

S Smith

S Smithasked

Bank Australia

I get paid Tuesday when will it process

Alex

Alexasked

Hi,

Why do you have so many more reviews on this website than other banks (often much larger!). Do you direct your customers to leave feedback?

I'm looking for a new bank (sick of being with a Big 4) and I'm skeptical of your score as it seems potentially artificially inflated compared to other banks.

Alex.

Bex
Bex

I can’t answer for the bank - but as a customer I got very personalised service (ie phone calls during the process, regular updates etc).

My bank person said in the final email (settling the loan)there would be a link to review their service, and they’d appreciate any feedback.
It was up to me, no pressure.

Contrast to the other big banks I left (NAB, ANZ) - never once asked for feedback, different person every time I rang and having to repeat my enquiry multiple times.
Their names are so well known that they don’t care about online reviews I’m guessing.

Hi Alex! Great question!

Like Bex said, our lending team do ask their customers to leave a review (good or bad) and some new customers are asked to rate us too. These reviews are real people and we try to respond to every single one, including the ones with feedback on our processes and their experience with us, which is then fed back internally.

We hope that helps and we would love to welcome you as a new customer. Let us know if you have any other questions. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

[Update]

Hi again Alex. We checked in with Marketing and they let us know that some new customers are asked to rate us too. I apologise for the initial error and have edited our original answer. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

Phil L
Phil L

The loans are competitive, the bank has good customer service, and when new, it is great. Existing customers not treated as well, when the rate dropped, the gap appears between new and old customers. It was difficult to identify as the rates as different as it is easy to identify new rates and not as easy to find your existing rate. If the bank clears this up, I would recommend this bank to anyone as I don't pay fees and the staff are great.

sam

samasked

Bank Australia

Hi. I am Australian from Brisbane working overseas...am I eligible for a home loan to buy a house for my wife and kids in Brisbane? Thanks you.
Please reply to samsydney2165@gmail.com

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Sam. We've asked our Lending team to get in touch. Please delete this query as your email is publicly listed. Thanks, Bank Australia team.

Get an answer from our members and Bank Australia representatives