Bank Australia

Bank Australia (page 2 of 45)

Online, Branches

4.3

Assi

AssiVictoria

Best bank!!

I’ve been with Bank Australia for many years. Customer service is friendly, helpful and understanding, their fees are minimal and they’re environmentally conscious, I’ve seen same happy workers for years

TopicGeneral Transactions
Bonnie

BonnieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic service

Have been with Bank Australia for over a year now and have received consistently great service. Most recently by Lee in obtaining a car loan who was always available, helpful and super efficient. Highly recommend this ethical bank. I find comfort in knowing I am supporting positive community action rather than the mining of fossil fuels.

GTM

GTMWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Great service & assistance

Have just gone through refinancing from another bank to Bank Australia. The process was extremely professional & efficient. My lending contact (Rachael Haley – Lending) was consistently helpful, patient & easy to deal with. She answered all queries promptly & clearly & made the process simple. Thank you.

Sam B.

Sam B.Southwest, VIC

An example of how banking should be

I applied for a home loan with Bank Australia. The process was all online which made the process so easy. I had a single point of contact who kept me updated and gave me all the information we needed. And they moved the process along quickly knowing the quick turnaround times we needed. Can't speak more highly of Bank Australia.

gold field bob

gold field bobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic.Were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

my mother banks with the Castlemaine branch and I needed to ask a lot of questions re her accounts as I have enduring power of attorney.Staff were just fantastic and helpful.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Super Fast Car Loan

I have been working with Bank Australia since last year and I am really happy with they service. I have applied a car loan and they were really responsive and fast.

AnneL

AnneLRichmond-Tweed, NSW

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

I have been a member for about 12 months now, I switched to Bank Australia as they are in line with my views and values. I found them when Animals Australia posted out an email titled "do you know where your money goes" and I didn't ! So I clicked on the link read lots stuff including that BA does not finance live animal exports and fossil fuels, and I just had to switch ! Everything was easy online.. My recent experience with the lending department to extend my c/c limit was outstanding, and Trey was fabulous, regular communication by email and phone was greatly appreciated. Thank you Trey. :-)

Fast and confidental service

I have been with Bank Australia (and its precursor) since 1968. I have recently applied for an investment loan.
The staff have been fast, responsive, and confidential. They have also given me clear and precise information in order to complete the application.

Susie

SusieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really great bank to deal with.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Adrian Black

Adrian BlackGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

An ethical bank is my kind of bank.

I opened up an everyday and savings account with Bank Australia a few weeks ago, and with lockdown not allowing me to go into a branch, I was able to do the whole thing online. The process was seamless, and only took a few minutes. I chose Bank Australia for their reputation as an incredible ethical, and community owned bank - I'm not disappointed. They've already raised money for causes that are important to me and they are continuing to do so. I highly recommend Bank Australia for anyone what wants to invest their money in people and the planet.

TopicNew Account
Ben Farr

Ben FarrSydney, NSW

Excellent service! So easy!

I have moved across to Bank Australia recently and can only send praise for their service, attention and care. The process of moving a loan over is so incredibly easy and stress-free (and the rates were significantly lower than the bank I was with previously).

TopicLoan Application and New Account

Helpful and precise

The team at Bank Australia did everything in their power to help me through the lending process, making sure all the correct information was organised and sent through on time.

Guy
Guy

Specifically Mariah Foy. Very friendly and easy to talk to!

Bank A.Bank Australia

We will be sure to pass your compliments on to her!

Satisfied Customer

Satisfied CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a great experience, Trey was fantastic

The customer service from Trey was fantastic. He was able to answer all my queries and provided a very quick response. I am not a customer of this bank but would now seriously consider this.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Wonderful service online and on the phone

I have just signed up with Bank Aust and so far so excellent. My customer service consultant Vanessa Neuendorff has been amazing and always ready to help me asap. I would highly recommend them.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Great Service - Absolute commitment to getting it done!

We've been with Bank Australia for about 5 years. We'd been very happy with the bank - so when we wanted to improve our home, increasing our loan with Bank Australia was the natural choice. We were lucky enough to get put through to Kiera Weisse - and she helped us get it done - expertly balancing the tension between lending and credit. We are extremely happy with the outcome - and love being part of a community bank!

Helen H

Helen HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Efficient Lending Department

I have been a member since the early days of Ed Credit but have not had personal contact for a few years.
My recent experience with the lending department was outstanding. Regular, detailed communication by email, and phone when necessary, made a stressful process for me one of ease and grace. The attention I received was greatly appreciated - I was a person not merely an account number. Thank you Kiera!

Rhach V.

Rhach V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Bank with Great People!

I highly recommend Bank Australia because of their competitive rates, user-friendly online banking, and excellent customer service.

I'm a first home buyer in Melbourne and I chose to do my own home/construction loan application without the help of a broker. My lending consultant, Conan Fernandes assisted me all throughout the process. He is knowledgeable with the product, professional, friendly and considerate. Conan went out of his way just to finalise the application and guide me in all the steps.

Thank you Bank Aus and Conan for an outstanding customer service and for helping me to settle my land on time. ♥️

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
brombo

bromboDaylesford

An utter disappointment.

Have been with this bank since one of its earliest incarnations as Ed Credit. About 35 years ago they helped me with my first home loan which was paid off in under the half the allotted time. My partner and I approached the bank last month for a home loan of about $500,000 with our own home as security and over 1.5 million in other assets. Our superannuation income is substantial and indexed.
The bank rejected our application without providing any reasons leading us to believe it was simply age discrimination. We applied to another company and within 3 weeks the loan was approved without any fuss.
After almost 40 years as a loyal customer, we were pretty disappointed with the bank's response.

Mark B

Mark BSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am still very happy!

I've recently signed an agreement with Bank Australia to finance the purchase of a new motor vehicle, and I have nothing but positive things to say about the experience, and the staff.

I have been with Bank Australia since first taking out a student loan to buy a PC back in 1994 when it was still Unicredit. I've done all my banking with them ever since, and have always been happy. Over the past few days, I've dealt with a particular staff member (Mariah Foy) who couldn't possibly have been more helpful. Friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and efficient. She guided me through the application process, and was available for assistance whenever I needed it.

I would recommend Bank Australia, without hesitation.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Setting up a business account at Fitzroy branch

We recently opened a business account with Bank Australia - Daniel at the Fitzroy branch provided us with excellent in person service, and his communication on email was prompt and friendly. Bank Australia feels like it is run by a community of people, not computer generated scripts.

TopicNew Account

S Smith

S Smithasked

Bank Australia

I get paid Tuesday when will it process

Alex

Alexasked

Hi,

Why do you have so many more reviews on this website than other banks (often much larger!). Do you direct your customers to leave feedback?

I'm looking for a new bank (sick of being with a Big 4) and I'm skeptical of your score as it seems potentially artificially inflated compared to other banks.

Alex.

Bex
Bex

I can’t answer for the bank - but as a customer I got very personalised service (ie phone calls during the process, regular updates etc).

My bank person said in the final email (settling the loan)there would be a link to review their service, and they’d appreciate any feedback.
It was up to me, no pressure.

Contrast to the other big banks I left (NAB, ANZ) - never once asked for feedback, different person every time I rang and having to repeat my enquiry multiple times.
Their names are so well known that they don’t care about online reviews I’m guessing.

Hi Alex! Great question!

Like Bex said, our lending team do ask their customers to leave a review (good or bad) and some new customers are asked to rate us too. These reviews are real people and we try to respond to every single one, including the ones with feedback on our processes and their experience with us, which is then fed back internally.

We hope that helps and we would love to welcome you as a new customer. Let us know if you have any other questions. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

[Update]

Hi again Alex. We checked in with Marketing and they let us know that some new customers are asked to rate us too. I apologise for the initial error and have edited our original answer. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

Phil L
Phil L

The loans are competitive, the bank has good customer service, and when new, it is great. Existing customers not treated as well, when the rate dropped, the gap appears between new and old customers. It was difficult to identify as the rates as different as it is easy to identify new rates and not as easy to find your existing rate. If the bank clears this up, I would recommend this bank to anyone as I don't pay fees and the staff are great.

sam

samasked

Bank Australia

Hi. I am Australian from Brisbane working overseas...am I eligible for a home loan to buy a house for my wife and kids in Brisbane? Thanks you.
Please reply to samsydney2165@gmail.com

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Sam. We've asked our Lending team to get in touch. Please delete this query as your email is publicly listed. Thanks, Bank Australia team.

Get an answer from our members and Bank Australia representatives